PDA

View Full Version : Ex Employer playing games with me

5hift
02-12-2006, 11:23 AM
I recently quit my job after giving my two weeks notice as working there and school were not mixing well. My employer was pretty choked and I guess their way of getting back to me was making this transition as difficult as possible. Its been almost a month since I quit and I still am yet to get paid for my last term or my ROE. I contact my boss in the offices and get the run around to HR. I've emailed and left a phone msg with HR and havent gotten a response.

I know theres steps to go through, but not having ever done this I'm not too sure. I thought it was WCB that I would go through, but when I went on their site, it looked like it was more for people injured at work. I just wanted to make sure I go through the right steps as its quite a decent sized check im owed.

Any help would be appriciated.

gp36912
02-12-2006, 11:25 AM
well you could try and look at the bbb and see what they can do about it

5hift
02-12-2006, 11:29 AM
Originally posted by gp36912
well you could try and look at the bbb and see what they can do about it

Isnt the BBB for customers who feel they got ripped off or were misled by some buisness.

ninspeed
02-12-2006, 11:32 AM
http://alrb.gov.ab.ca/

gp36912
02-12-2006, 11:40 AM
^^^ there ya go :P

Si_FlyGuy
02-12-2006, 11:41 AM
It says here that the employer has 3 days to pay following termination of employment.

http://www3.gov.ab.ca/hre/employmentstandards/about/termination.asp

5hift
02-12-2006, 12:05 PM
^^

Thanks guys found exactly what I was looking for.

Now to deal with this fucking process....

MrPid
02-12-2006, 12:20 PM
Yeah, you need Alberta Labor Relations board...

Your boss probably has nothing to do with it from the sounds of it -> your HR guy is probably lazy and incompetent. ALR will light a fire under his ass though if they've wronged you...

crazyning
02-12-2006, 12:24 PM
I've had to fill out a Record of Employment previously. I think by law, your employer has to have it filled out one or two weeks after termination of employment.

5hift
02-12-2006, 12:27 PM
Originally posted by MrPid
Yeah, you need Alberta Labor Relations board...

Your boss probably has nothing to do with it from the sounds of it -> your HR guy is probably lazy and incompetent. ALR will light a fire under his ass though if they've wronged you...

I doubt it is HR's fault, the bossman and me didn't really see eye-to-eye and hadnt for quite some time you could say. My guess is he didnt submit something to try and make it as hard as possible for me.

Pee_Sack
02-12-2006, 12:31 PM
Good luck to you I hope yous ee some money.

95EagleAWD
02-12-2006, 03:39 PM
My brother had this problem at a restaurant. They didn't pay him for a month or so. They kept saying it was getting mailed out tomorrow. So I walked in to the front of the restaurant and asked the hostess for the manager. I told her my name and why I wanted to talk to him. She went back and sure enough, "no he's not here". I knew it was BS... I raised my voice a little so people eating could hear me and said "You tell your manager that he had better goddamn well pay his employess for the work they do! That cheque had better be here tomorrow, or I'll drag the RCMP and the ALR Board in here!" Everyone heard me and was looking at the hostess...

Cheque was there the next day. :thumbsup:

shakalaka
02-12-2006, 03:53 PM
^^^That should work! If not get a lawyer and sue the fuckers.
Or you can wait for 2-3 years, I should be done my degree and I will sue them for you. :D