PDA

View Full Version : Toyota Dealer?

Khyron
02-12-2006, 06:09 PM
My 84 supra needs new door locks and the interior heater fixed - any preference on Toyota dealers, or perhaps a non-dealer that people like?

Khyron

GTS Jeff
02-12-2006, 06:26 PM
I'd say it isn't worth paying for dealer work on an old beater like that. What exactly is wrong with your door locks and the heater? Chances are it's a simple fix.

Khyron
02-13-2006, 01:15 AM
Well someone tried stealing it so the rear hatch lock is wrecked, and the drivers tumbler actually fell into the door. The ignition was already replaced with a brand new one, so figured I'd get at least the door locks done and keyed to the same key.

The heater just doesn't blow hot. I checked the basics - made sure there's coolant, the fan works on all three speeds, and the temp sensor on the car goes up as expected. Removed the center console/radio in case it was blocking the servo. But the next steps look like replacing temp sensors etc, vacuum problems, etc.

Khyron

Jynx
02-13-2006, 01:40 AM
Originally posted by Khyron

The heater just doesn't blow hot. I checked the basics - made sure there's coolant, the fan works on all three speeds, and the temp sensor on the car goes up as expected. Removed the center console/radio in case it was blocking the servo. But the next steps look like replacing temp sensors etc, vacuum problems, etc.

Khyron

I had a similar problem wit my car and it turned out to be that it needed a new water pump..

Might want to look into that

GTS Jeff
02-13-2006, 02:18 AM
Well someone tried stealing it so the rear hatch lock is wrecked, and the drivers tumbler actually fell into the door. The ignition was already replaced with a brand new one, so figured I'd get at least the door locks done and keyed to the same key.

Khyron

K, well you definitely need to go to the dealer for the lock cylinders...look for Chris at Country Hills Toyota. Ask for the GTS Jeff discount. haha j/k don't do that...those parts guys are stingy bastards haha.

Originally posted by Jynx

I had a similar problem wit my car and it turned out to be that it needed a new water pump..

Might want to look into that

Doubtful...a dead waterpump would also make the engine overheat. The Supra has all sorts of electronic control for the heater right? If we were talking about any other Toyota, I'd tell you to check the heater valve cable and the air flap diverter cable...

CLiVE
02-13-2006, 10:05 AM

Khyron

Check this thread out.
http://www.toyotanation.com/forum/showthread.php?threadid=9592

My bet is it is the heater control panel itself. This is a very common problem with 4th gen celicas, camrys and other older toyotas. Willing to bet it is a similar problem in your case....
Worth a look. My 88 celica would cycle between hot/cold for a while, and then stopped blowing hot air all together. All you need is a soldering iron. (if you're really stuck fire over a PM, I've repaired several...)

http://home.valint.net/gnromero/images/heater.jpg

TurboZombie
02-13-2006, 10:06 AM
It's possible that your heater core is plugged up, have you done a complete coolant flush?