PDA

View Full Version : Somehting wrong with my stereo, HELP!

birdman142003
02-12-2006, 07:32 PM
Hi, I have a 03 nissan altima, i turned up the music the other day pretty loud, and all the music shut off...so i figured i blew the speakers. So, i turned the radio off, turned the car off, and waited and tu rne dit back on and nothing happened. So i wake up the next morning and go to turn my radio on and there is the music, working perfect, as I am riding along it turns off randomly. It is continuing to do this...what can I do to fix this, or what is wrong? thanks a lot!! john

Graham_A_M
02-12-2006, 07:50 PM
Take it to an installer, the Car salon can have a look at it for you, it may be a loose connection going to you CD player

EK 2.0
02-12-2006, 07:51 PM
sounds like you placed the amp or power supply into protect mode, check all fuses.

pyro
02-12-2006, 08:02 PM
try taking off your power wire from the battery then put it back on, check the fuse, check the remote to the deck (blue wire with white on it) turn down ur gain on the amp

soupey
02-12-2006, 08:07 PM
check the fuses on ur amp, u might have more than one fuse for the amp and one of them mightve blown when u cranked it....other than that...recheck ur wiring, make sure all the wires are tight and snug, unless uve damaged the amp somehow, it shouldnt be turning off if ur running it at normal volumes...

birdman142003
02-20-2006, 11:44 AM
how do i change the fuse, where is it at? i am new with cars, thanks again!

alpineguy
02-20-2006, 11:46 AM
also check ur conections on ur speakers because if they touch metal they will send ur deck/amp into protect mode as well

pyro
02-20-2006, 11:53 AM
is it a stock stereo? or do u have a amp and subs?
some decks have a fuse or two on the back of them (there might be one on the yellow and black wire and there might be another one on ur red wire) if u have a amp there should be one just on the side of it. check ur ground wire (black one)