PDA

View Full Version : Was at the bank today

dodad
02-13-2006, 12:55 AM
I was at the bank today (scotiabank) and they were adverticing buying usa funds. Have you guys done this since the dollar is kinda low...

The price was 100.00 canadian would give ya $85.00american

jaysas_63
02-13-2006, 01:16 AM
why, our dollar will catch up in the very near future...

Ben
02-13-2006, 01:29 AM
Originally posted by dodad
I was at the bank today (scotiabank) and they were adverticing buying usa funds. Have you guys done this since the dollar is kinda low...

The price was 100.00 canadian would give ya $85.00american

Fantastic news.

I have to buy 1000USD this week and I bank with Scotia.

www.xe.com says I'd get 860 something usd w/ 1000CAD but anything over 85 cents for a buck is great.

I cant believe how well our dollar has swung around. I mean I know why, but hell, I havent seen the price this good since the 80's and early 90's. The days of a Buck Sixty are definatly not missed.

GQBalla
02-13-2006, 03:35 AM
thats why ram has been so cheap lately.

dodad
02-13-2006, 03:36 AM
but we need that exchange back....like the us dollar to gain strenth...to make money off of it

Xtrema
02-13-2006, 09:35 AM
Not a good sign. We get all the manufacturing jobs from US due to low dollar and high skills (vs low dollar and low skill in Mexico).

If $cdn even out and overtake $US, we'll lose some jobs up here. That also mean we get less renvue from our nature resources as well. Not a good sign at all.

Altezza
02-13-2006, 09:46 AM
Originally posted by Xtrema
Not a good sign. We get all the manufacturing jobs from US due to low dollar and high skills (vs low dollar and low skill in Mexico).

If $cdn even out and overtake $US, we'll lose some jobs up here. That also mean we get less renvue from our nature resources as well. Not a good sign at all.

:werd: When a great many Canadian companies have revenues in USD and expenses in CAD, it doesn't look good at all.

canadian_hustla
02-13-2006, 10:25 AM
^

:werd:

so true, the price of our exports is going to be the greater or prices of other exports from other countries. Thus, these countries will not be as willing to pay the inflated price on importing Canadian goods. What does that mean for us? Well the amount of Canadian exports will decrease, thus some jobs will also be cut as profits will decrease as well

MIWYFSHOTTER
02-13-2006, 11:49 AM
I doubt it'll go up anytime soon, the US economny sucks balls.

dodad
02-19-2006, 11:48 PM
I'm wondering when it shall rise...maybe the us dollar will go up when bush is outta here????

90s_tuner
02-20-2006, 12:48 PM
Originally posted by dodad
I'm wondering when it shall rise...maybe the us dollar will go up when bush is outta here????

I doubt it, hes screwed up the economy so bad it'll take years to recover.

Celica TVS3
02-20-2006, 12:58 PM
Originally posted by Xtrema

True, but...

Our biggest trading partner can't live without some of our largest exports regardless of an inflated price. They are going to need our oil and gas and softwood. Besides people were using this argument when the dollar was at 65 cents but we havn't been hurt now its at 85-87.

89coupe
02-20-2006, 01:10 PM
I remember when our dollar was worth more then the US dollar.