PDA

View Full Version : Banana Jaks

GreyFox
02-13-2006, 01:47 PM
I need to know where this place is. I know it's on 16th somewhere, but where specifically.

I tried googling it and couldn't find a damn address for the place. I'm leaving in 30 mins...kinda need to know by then...

Thanks in advance.

dankish1
02-13-2006, 01:49 PM
16th and center. right accros from the brick
park in the center street brick parking and walk accros the street
i dont belive its called banana jacks anymore though and u need id.

HyperZell
02-13-2006, 01:50 PM
Right...there is no more Banana Jak's.

It's Aura Lounge now, and it's Centre St. And 16th Ave, right where the old brick used to be.

SoSlowDx
02-13-2006, 01:50 PM
It's called Aura now I think it's corner of 16th AVE and Centre street (across from the Brick) can't really miss it haha

handsomebassman
02-13-2006, 01:52 PM
1623 Centre Street Northwest 118

(403) 276-5225

dankish1
02-13-2006, 01:53 PM
do they even still serve bubble tea?

GreyFox
02-13-2006, 02:12 PM
thanks guys :thumbsup:

toyboy88
02-13-2006, 07:34 PM
Originally posted by dankish1
do they even still serve bubble tea?

or alcholic bubble tea?:D

...confirm do u need id to just get in the place now? :dunno:

max_boost
02-13-2006, 08:24 PM
^^^

Well since it's most likely a smoking establishment, I wouldn't want to go in there if I wasn't 18.

Unknown303
02-13-2006, 08:27 PM
It wasn't smoking before was it? last time i went was two falls ago now i do believe.

max_boost
02-13-2006, 11:50 PM
But now they serve liquor in a lounge environment, almost 99.9% sure it's smoking so 18+

szw
02-13-2006, 11:52 PM
The furnature in this place is so horrible, I don't see how anyone would go back there a second time.

HyperZell
02-14-2006, 09:01 AM
Originally posted by szw
The furnature in this place is so horrible, I don't see how anyone would go back there a second time.

Maybe because people don't go there for the chairs?

brettg
02-14-2006, 09:12 AM
Originally posted by Unknown303
It wasn't smoking before was it? last time i went was two falls ago now i do believe.

ya it was smoking before foresure, used to go there all the time when i was under 18 and never once got id'd.

EG_Civic
02-14-2006, 09:31 AM
booo aura lounge.. its too exspensive there now

brettg
02-14-2006, 09:35 AM
Originally posted by EG_Civic
booo aura lounge.. its too exspensive there now

It was always pretty expensive wasnt it, but it was always a good time, does anyone know if it is the same ownership or totally different or what happened to the old banana jacks?

EG_Civic
02-14-2006, 10:06 AM
didnt the original owner sold it.. then opened urban????

GTS Jeff
02-14-2006, 10:52 AM
Originally posted by HyperZell

Maybe because people don't go there for the chairs? When you pay $5/drink and the cost on the drink is $0.50, the money isn't all going to the drink...

HyperZell
02-14-2006, 11:10 AM
Originally posted by GTS Jeff
When you pay $5/drink and the cost on the drink is $0.50, the money isn't all going to the drink...

Right...? It's called revenue, and it's split up between costs, while the leftover is called profit? What's your point?

All I was saying is that when I got to Banana Jak's for bubbletea, I got there for the bubbletea. The quality of the furniture is a meagre factor when deciding on my choice of btea venue.

dragonone
02-14-2006, 04:27 PM

Right...? It's called revenue, and it's split up between costs, while the leftover is called profit? What's your point?

All I was saying is that when I got to Banana Jak's for bubbletea, I got there for the bubbletea. The quality of the furniture is a meagre factor when deciding on my choice of btea venue.
:werd:

altho this doesn't prove anything about anyone's income, it sure points to cheap, or someone whom i'd hate to have drinks with and have bitch about the bill

GTS Jeff
02-14-2006, 06:44 PM

All I was saying is that when I got to Banana Jak's for bubbletea, I got there for the bubbletea. The quality of the furniture is a meagre factor when deciding on my choice of btea venue. Costs, such as the material costs of the drink itself, the rent of the building, utility bills to provide electricity to power the blender and keep the lights on, and yes, believe it or not, furniture and decor to keep the patrons comfortably seated to enjoy their drink.

Sorry you couldn't see that. :rolleyes:

szw
02-14-2006, 06:49 PM

Maybe because people don't go there for the chairs?

Yeah, its just that they were so uncomfortable, and the height of the tables didn't match either. I was uncomfortable to the point where I was actually angry at the damn chairs!

HyperZell
02-14-2006, 08:07 PM
Originally posted by GTS Jeff
Costs, such as the material costs of the drink itself, the rent of the building, utility bills to provide electricity to power the blender and keep the lights on, and yes, believe it or not, furniture and decor to keep the patrons comfortably seated to enjoy their drink.

Sorry you couldn't see that. :rolleyes:

? I thought that's what I meant when I said costs in my original statement, and what's left over is profit. That's what I was alluding to, so I'm not sure what you're getting at. In fact, now that I re-read it, I'm not sure why you even made that comment about paying $5 for a drink in the first place...

Shrad
02-14-2006, 09:26 PM
I have a friend who works at the establishment formerly known as Banana Jak's.

They have the portions sizes of a French restaurant on the riviera.

And the " 'wing nights' " (I double quoted, because even on the wing nights, bars are still cheaper for wings) end at 9pm still?

t-im
02-14-2006, 09:47 PM
jeez, certain people in this thread are getting QUITE worked up over certain issues.

Anyways, chairs are important to a "bubble tea/dessert" cafe obviously, as much as some posters say you go just for the "quality" of the bubble tea..but being a place to "lounge" and "hangout.." atmosphere/comfort certainly ranks high. If chairs weren't so important, it would be a strict "to-go" operation.

That being said, most bubble tea places in calgary rank low for atmosphere, comfort and quality - no places have a combination of all 3. One of the more decent places I go for bubble tea isn't even in Calgary. Pearl Castle (Richmond) puts all bubble tea cafes in Calgary to shame.

ninjak84
02-15-2006, 01:12 PM
Booo

Aura Lounge is much worse than Banana Jaks.
Used to be nice and relaxing. Now it's brutal :thumbsdow

Does Urban Rice have car magazines? :)

EG_Civic
02-15-2006, 01:42 PM
^ place the dice game! with beers hahaha

Foz
02-15-2006, 02:19 PM
What's the other place for alky drinks beside Bubblemania?

It's been there for a couple of years now. Been there once, quite pricey.

dennisaur
02-15-2006, 02:23 PM
Originally posted by Foz
What's the other place for alky drinks beside Bubblemania?

It's been there for a couple of years now. Been there once, quite pricey.

that would be icebar. i've been there a few times and yeah the bill racks up real fast... that place is a little pricey too i agree