PDA

View Full Version : Question about speeding ticket

muse017
02-13-2006, 03:05 PM
Basically I got speeding ticket on 17th ave SW yesterday for going 71 on 50km/zone. Anyway, I just looked my ticket and found out that my name was in wrong order.
Is this valid ticket? Do i havet to go to the rocky mountain plaza and fight for ticket?
Thanks for your time

eljefe
02-13-2006, 03:11 PM
http://forums.beyond.ca/showthread.php?s=&threadid=108216

muse017
02-13-2006, 03:19 PM
alright,..My first name is Dong-woo(I know it sounds wired)
He put Dong as first name, and Only W in the middle name section. Isn't this consider to be compeletely wrong name?

Thanks for the good link :thumbsup:

shawtie
02-13-2006, 03:33 PM
I wouldnt consider it to be completely wrong

I got a ticket where they put my name down funny but, I didnt get out of it because of that.

you got caught speeding just pay it!

Zero102
02-13-2006, 03:45 PM
Jeez, all this crap about weaseling out of tickets...
There are a lot of pedestrians on that stretch of road, and houses face onto it. There is a good reason it's a 50 zone.
Pay up, and maybe next time you'll be a little bit smarter and slow down.

You want to know if it's a fatal error? Go down to Rocky Mountain Plaza.

nadroj23
02-13-2006, 04:19 PM
they have a time period where they can change the ticket to be right, so even if your ticket is wrong they can still right you up a new ticket with the right info on it. pay up, thats a bad place to speed just be glad you didnt hit somebody. coulda been a lot worse

muse017
02-13-2006, 04:46 PM
I am not try to make an excuse here. This is my first ticket and someone told me about this topic. Oh Well, As for speeding on 17th, Honestly I thought It was 60km/hr zone cuz there was any sign after I got off the crowchild Tr. Anyway I'll pay up tomorrow. Thanks for good comment guys.:thumbsup:

Ben
02-13-2006, 04:50 PM
this wasn't by chance near the childrens hospital around 2300h by a ghost car on the side of the road was it?

shawtie
02-13-2006, 04:57 PM
Originally posted by muse017
I am not try to make an excuse here. This is my first ticket and someone told me about this topic. Oh Well, As for speeding on 17th, Honestly I thought It was 60km/hr zone cuz there was any sign after I got off the crowchild Tr. Anyway I'll pay up tomorrow. Thanks for good comment guys.:thumbsup:

what you can do though is go talk to the CP, and try to get it lower'd or just get the demerits removed.......

muse017
02-13-2006, 05:15 PM
Originally posted by Ben
this wasn't by chance near the childrens hospital around 2300h by a ghost car on the side of the road was it?

That's exactly where I got my ticket!!!

Ben
02-13-2006, 05:18 PM

That's exactly where I got my ticket!!!

haha, ;)

nadroj23
02-13-2006, 05:23 PM
^^ guessing you saw him or got caught there lol.

anyways yeah if you go and try to fight it, it will probably get reduced to just pay and no dermits, or dermits and lower pay.

well gl

Ben
02-13-2006, 05:31 PM
Originally posted by nadroj23
^^ guessing you saw him or got caught there lol.

anyways yeah if you go and try to fight it, it will probably get reduced to just pay and no dermits, or dermits and lower pay.

well gl

you could say that. haha.

eljefe
02-13-2006, 05:36 PM
Originally posted by Ben

you could say that. haha.

hey wait you must have been ........meh nm:D

Zero102
02-13-2006, 05:45 PM
Originally posted by Ben

Oh please do tell :)

Tyler883
02-14-2006, 09:45 AM
He put Dong as first name, and Only W in the middle name section. Isn't this consider to be compeletely wrong name?

it'll be difficult to fight the ticket, How do you step forward to claim that this ticket was never written to you, if you have knowledge of it?

I guess you could ignore the ticket, then wait to be arrested, then you could claim that you were never given that ticket.....however, you would be fighting an appeal instead of a charge. and you would also have to purge yourself in the course of your defense.

Slashin_
03-23-2006, 10:15 AM
i got a speeding ticket and trial date is tomorrow
first time in court , i plan to plead guiltyn submission
any tip when to be there n how to dress?

carter_prelude
03-23-2006, 10:21 AM

if your sure there was no sign, you can fight it and usually win...chances are you missed the sign tho... thats what my driver ed teacher told me.

Slashin_
03-23-2006, 10:31 AM
any tip when to be there n how to dress?!!!!
other guy finished his ticket by now help me out

wildrice
03-23-2006, 10:40 AM
Originally posted by Slashin_
any tip when to be there n how to dress?!!!!
other guy finished his ticket by now help me out

How to dress?
Hmm...go in gunit ganster wear.

kertejud
03-23-2006, 11:06 AM
Originally posted by wildrice

How to dress?
Hmm...go in gunit ganster wear.

I agree, this is the way to face the judge.

http://www.postersarts.com/Images/50_cent_posters_gun.jpg

Zero102
03-23-2006, 12:25 PM
Originally posted by carter_prelude

if your sure there was no sign, you can fight it and usually win...chances are you missed the sign tho... thats what my driver ed teacher told me.

What?...
If you were going 50 maybe.
If there is no sign, you are supposed to assume it's 50, not 60.
That's exactly what the CP will tell you as well. It works if you turn onto a 40 zone road and are going 50.

Goblin
03-23-2006, 06:24 PM
Originally posted by kertejud

I agree, this is the way to face the judge.

http://www.postersarts.com/Images/50_cent_posters_gun.jpg

:rofl:

boopydogg
03-23-2006, 06:42 PM

My drivers ed teacher told me that if you dont see a sign then its 50...... always 50 unless its a rural area then its 80 but the only time they have to put up signs is if the limit is nether 50 or 80

95EagleAWD
03-23-2006, 07:27 PM

Unless otherwise posted, the speed limit in an urban area is 50 km/h... ignorance is not an excuse to speed.

Alex_FORD
03-23-2006, 09:24 PM

Yeah, but try showing up to court then claiming that you never got the ticket......a little hard to convince anyone, if you knew enough to show up to court.