PDA

View Full Version : No appetite, tired all the time...

Wildcat
02-13-2006, 07:01 PM
thats pretty much it. whats wrong with me? lol any tips to get me back into eating all the time? i know its pretty vague, but any ideas/ insight might be appreciated. thanks

nismodrifter
02-13-2006, 07:21 PM
got to be more specific.

any emotional shit going on? stress?
how is your sleep? still tired after a good sleep?

1-Cent
02-13-2006, 07:22 PM
Originally posted by Wildcat
thats pretty much it. whats wrong with me? lol any tips to get me back into eating all the time? i know its pretty vague, but any ideas/ insight might be appreciated. thanks

Winter boredom... when it starts getting closer to beach time you'll have more incentive maybe lol.
Tried 1000mcg of IM B12 /day?

Wildcat
02-13-2006, 09:25 PM
ya, im taking the b-12, not really too stressed with school, i have a pretty easy term. im getting at least 10hrs of sleep a night, i might have a slight cold too. i think it might be cause i havent taken any drugs for about 3 months now, my appetite and motivation in the gym go through the roof when im on. could be depression maybe? hard to say if your depressed more than usual or not :dunno:

Hakkola
02-13-2006, 09:35 PM
ya, im taking the b-12, not really too stressed with school, i have a pretty easy term. im getting at least 10hrs of sleep a night

Holy fuck, you're probably tired because you're oversleeping, If you've been doing this for awhile, try sleeping for only 7 hours a night, and get some excersize and see how you feel.

kaput
02-13-2006, 10:46 PM

rinny
02-13-2006, 11:01 PM
Whats the deal with taking B12?

ZorroAMG
02-14-2006, 01:41 AM
Wildcat,

When I was working out all the time and eating tons, I ate a lot of tuna from the can. There are many health risks from eating it too often (mercury levels are very high) and someone of your size (approx 200lbs?) should be eating MAX 2 cans per week. i dunno if this is a big part of your diet, but it's worth the info

5hift
02-14-2006, 01:43 AM
y i think it might be cause i havent taken any drugs for about 3 months now,

what drugs are we talking about here.

hockeybronx
02-14-2006, 02:07 AM
There are a bunch of good points in the replies here.

Tyler, I'd say it's a combination of winter boredom, perhaps lack of variation with your workouts, and too much sleep.

Try to encorporate some different more adventurous activities into your life such as swimming or rock climbing, or sign up for some fitness classes again. Once spring starts appearing you'll be way more motivated as well. Lastly bring the sleep down to 7-8 hours of sleep a night. It's possible that your whole metabolism is slowed down a bit.

I've gone through the same thing many times, and yes I think depression has to be part of it as well for me. However you get through it when new goals or ambitions come your way. Just try to make tommorow better and you'll gradually get back into your swing.

Oh yeah, maybe it's time for another goal setting thread for you here???

sputnik
02-14-2006, 08:13 AM

I recall in the past you were a supplement-junkie. Have you tried backing off from all of the protien shakes and other supplements you have been taking?

What is your current diet like?

Wildcat
02-14-2006, 03:36 PM
im only supplementing my diet with an ion-exchange protein powder, no-explode, multi's, a b100 complex vitamin, and 1ml of b12. My diet is pretty normal, i try to eat calorie dense foods that have high protein. lots of meats and grains, but i know i havent been eating as much vegatables as i should.

and with refrence to the drugs, i was refering to performance enhancing, not narcotics. im still working out 4 times a week, i have a training partner now and we're doing something different everyday so i dont think its a matter of whats going on in the gym.

ill consider that i might be having too much sleep, but ive always been like that. or possibly im just sick of eating the same kinds of foods over and over and its deterring my appetite when i should feel like eating.

as for the progress report, i usually post after summer. this is off season for me, so theres not much to show off right now :D

JAYMEZ
02-14-2006, 04:26 PM
I think we all go through depression and lazyness , you are defiantly sleeping way to much. What time do you usually get to bed at?

Also maybe you THINK you need the performance drugs , I know I thought I did back when I played football , it was all just in my head , you just need some motivation dude. So get your ass up and go and work out and maybe go for a swim or something??

~Leah~
02-14-2006, 04:52 PM
Winter boredom and too much sleep like everyone else said... cut it down to 8 hours max Ty

00CivicSi
02-14-2006, 04:56 PM
It's called SAD :thumbsdow

89coupe
02-14-2006, 04:57 PM
Red Bull gives you wings:D

Wildcat
02-14-2006, 08:17 PM
i goto bed between 10-11pm and i dont have class till 10:50am :rofl:

BlueFrenzy
02-14-2006, 09:07 PM
Whoa! You sleep like a bear!

Not to scare you or anything .. totally out on a limb but it could be a hormonal thing. Under active adrenal cortex can lead to a slowing of metabolism and general fatigue. Also get your thyroid gland checked out ... too little T3 and T4 in your blood can also lead to slowed metabolism and fatigue. Could be other things but those are the most likely (if it's hormonal that is)

My buddy in Vancouver had similar symptoms and turned out that he had an underactive thyroid.

Let's hope it's just the winter blahs.

ecstasy_civic
02-14-2006, 09:25 PM
Just went through a spell of this last week bro, but I made my partner call and harrass me until the point where I couldnt handle his abuse anymore.

Now im back into it, I think it was the changing of the weather to be honest, but I know once spring rolls around ill be tearing up the gym, im sure thats all it is:thumbsup:

sweetchariot
02-15-2006, 11:08 AM
Originally posted by 00CivicSi
It's called SAD :thumbsdow

:thumbsup: That exactly what it is!!, read up on it you are exhibiting all the signs. I think it stands for Seasonal Affected Disorder. Basically your body is missing its usual Vitamins it gets from the sun, makes you depressed & sleepy.

Here are the symtoms:-

The symptoms of SAD usually recur regularly each Winter, starting between September and November and continuing until March or April. A diagnosis can be made after three or more consecutive Winters of symptoms, which include a number of the following
Sleep problems: Usually desire to oversleep and difficulty staying awake but, in some cases, disturbed sleep and early morning wakening
Lethargy: Feeling of fatigue and inability to carry out normal routine
Overeating: Craving for carbohydrates and sweet foods, usually resulting in weight gain
Depression: Feelings of misery, guilt and loss of self-esteem, sometimes hopelessness and despair, sometimes apathy and loss of feelings
Social problems: Irritability and desire to avoid social contact
Anxiety: Tension and inability to tolerate stress
Loss of libido Decreased interest in sex and physical contact
Mood changes In some sufferers, extremes of mood and short periods of hypomania (overactivity) in spring and autumn.

Most sufferers show signs of a weakened immune, system during the Winter, and are more vulnerable to infections and other illnesses.

SAD symptoms disappear in Spring, either suddenly with a short period (e.g., four weeks) of hypomania or hyperactivity, or gradually, depending on the intensity of sunlight in the Spring and early Summer.

In sub-syndromal SAD, symptoms such as tiredness, lethargy, sleep and eating problems occur, but depression and anxiety are absent or mild.

SAD may begin at any age but the main age of onset is between 18 and 30 years.

It occurs throughout the northern and southern hemispheres but is extremely rare in those living within 30 degrees of the Equator, where daylight hours are long, constant and extremely bright.

Kinda sucky eh??....heres a web link for you to try :-

www.sada.org.uk

Good Luck

Wildcat
02-15-2006, 01:21 PM
yup, i got SAD forsure. lol :rofl:

Tyler883
02-16-2006, 10:48 PM
those are pretty common symptoms for alot of things.....

fatique can be the cause of a loss of appetite???

~Leah~
02-16-2006, 10:49 PM
Yeah, they don't easily diagnose SAD .... I doubt that's what it is

88CRXGUY
02-17-2006, 09:37 AM
You should go and talk to your doctor, maybe he can give you a better indication of whats going on.

00CivicSi
02-17-2006, 11:01 AM
he'd also give you some anti depressants... Don't they always?

hockeybronx
02-17-2006, 06:28 PM
Originally posted by 00CivicSi
he'd also give you some anti depressants... Don't they always?

:werd:

Pump 'em full of pills.... that's always the answer:rolleyes:

doublepostwhore
02-26-2006, 03:04 AM
Thyroid, hypo-active thyroid can cause this.

Is your neck/thyroid gland more swollen then usual?

It should be a priority to see a doctor man.

brownchild
02-26-2006, 01:07 PM
Surprised nobody mentioned smoking some chronic, trust me you'll be back on top of your game. It happens to me sometimes, im also a workout junkie, this shit happens dude, dont stress about it. You got nothing, SAD doesnt even make sense these days ppl have a disease named for every god damn thing dont beleive that shit.

yellowsnow
02-26-2006, 02:09 PM
It sounds like some symptons of a diabetic. u should get yourself checked out

5hift
02-26-2006, 02:27 PM
Originally posted by hockeybronx

Pump 'em full of pills.... that's always the answer:rolleyes:

Havent you noticed we have a new thread about a fat burner or weight gainer once a week, but never a thread about a healthy diet?

Goblin
02-26-2006, 07:43 PM
There is study that jacking off too much leads to being tired all the time, oversleeping etc......

just pointing it out :rofl:

keith303
02-28-2006, 12:07 PM
your prolly suffering from deppresion