PDA

View Full Version : do you tip your the delievery guy?

Stratus_Power
02-13-2006, 08:58 PM
do you guys usually tip your delievery guy even if you already paid like $4 for delievery on a $25 order?? is so how much do u guys usually tip? 5%? 10%?

max_boost
02-13-2006, 09:06 PM
Of course you tip the delivery guy. Most restaurants pass on the delivery charge they pay to the driver to the customer, I don't do that unless if it's an order far far away or if the order is $10.

roopi
02-13-2006, 09:11 PM
$2

Ajay
02-13-2006, 09:16 PM
$2-3....for delivery don't usually tip more than $5 unless it's a big order.

GTS Jeff
02-13-2006, 09:18 PM
I'll usually tip a couple bucks, but not if they've already charged me a delivery charge. In that case...they can eat shit and die a painful death as a result of eating said shit.

shawtie
02-13-2006, 09:21 PM
^^exactly!!

max_boost
02-13-2006, 09:24 PM
^^^:rofl: :rofl:

Being a delivery driver can be stressful too man, especially Chinese food, it's not like Pizza where it can roll around in the car. You have to have it place the bags up right properly, make sure it doesn't tilt so the sauces get everywhere. When it's busy you have to try to meet time orders, you have to speed, figure out short cuts when there are traffic jams, etc. But still, easy work for $25+hour hehe

toyboy88
02-13-2006, 09:36 PM
Originally posted by GTS Jeff
I'll usually tip a couple bucks, but not if they've already charged me a delivery charge. In that case...they can eat shit and die a painful death as a result of eating said shit.

:werd: :D

Fez_turbo
02-13-2006, 09:40 PM
you guys are nice:rofl: :rofl:

but i usually tip like 3-5 bucks.

dino_martini
02-13-2006, 09:56 PM
I tip the delivery guy. One time I didnt have enough cash to tip him alot. The pizza was like 19 something. I gave him a twenty. He sat in his car for like 15 minutes out side my house...

shakalaka
02-13-2006, 10:00 PM
Well whenever I order, most of the times its less then 10 quid and being a student and not having much money to waste, I dont usually tip any extra. But if there is some change left, like the order was 7.17 and I give em 8 quid, I just leave the change.
Plus the place I order from, always charges 2 pounds for delievery.

Lo)2enz0
02-13-2006, 10:08 PM
i ussually give him what i can. esspecially the pizza guys that come at 2:00 in the morning

YCB
02-13-2006, 10:10 PM
on the subject of tipping.. are you supposed to tip the gas pumpers!!? ie. DOMO/full service?

sorry its not on the subject of food and dining hahah

food gives u gas.. :dunno:

Kirbs17
02-13-2006, 10:15 PM
Originally posted by Lo)2enz0
i ussually give him what i can. esspecially the pizza guys that come at 2:00 in the morning

Word, I tip those guys more then the ones at 8:00 ish. Usually 5 - 10 bucks for the late night guys

Originally posted by YCB
on the subject of tipping.. are you supposed to tip the gas pumpers!!? ie. DOMO/full service?

Nope. I never have. I mean, in all respects, you can, but why?

shakalaka
02-13-2006, 10:18 PM
Well you can tip the gas pumpers. Not a hard and fast rule that you can't, but the ones that work at CO-OP are not supposed to take any.

Fez_turbo
02-13-2006, 10:21 PM
i never tip gas pumpers. Im not that lazy to step out of my car and stand for like on minute

likwid
02-13-2006, 10:23 PM
Originally posted by YCB

I tip the full service gas attendants when its like -20 out.

szw
02-13-2006, 10:34 PM
Tip your delivery guys!

max_boost
02-13-2006, 10:38 PM
Yah when it's really cold out, I definitely leave a couple bucks for full service. I just tell him, have a coffee on me. I also tip the bottle depot guys too, because some of them that work there, really need it badly. :rofl:

shawtie
02-13-2006, 10:39 PM
Originally posted by szw
Tip your delivery guys!
says the delivery guy ^^

Bill Cosby
02-13-2006, 11:17 PM
Originally posted by YCB

on the topic of full service

do they charge you extra money on the dollar for them to pump your gas?

Roger Moore
02-13-2006, 11:23 PM
Im pretty sure they dont charge ya extra for Full Serve.

Ya guys gots-ta tip your delivery boys. Thats what their primary paycheck it. For every delivery they usually make about 2-4 buck plus your tip. Remember your putting them through med school so be nice. :rolleyes:

FiveFreshFish
02-13-2006, 11:29 PM
Originally posted by Bill Cosby

on the topic of full service

do they charge you extra money on the dollar for them to pump your gas?

Coop doesn't charge extra for full-serve. Most other stations do though.

Weapon_R
02-13-2006, 11:40 PM
On the subject of tipping, what do you guys typically give Valets at restaurants?

TrevorK
02-14-2006, 09:21 AM
Originally posted by max_boost
But still, easy work for $25+hour hehe

Drivers bragging about what they make just furthers the belief that they obviously don't need the tips.

Newk
02-14-2006, 09:38 AM
:( I miss full service stations.

RX-7_TWINTURBO
02-14-2006, 09:58 AM
depending on the resturant I somtimes even give a small tip for pick up...I guess im just generous/dumb

abyss
02-14-2006, 11:14 AM
I usually tip delivery drivers, cause I used to do it. I tried to tip this guy at COOP for filling my gas and he argued with me for like a minute. It was like -30 out! He refused to take my money! haha.

Ben
02-14-2006, 11:38 AM
My observations:

$20-$39: generally a few dollars, but often upwards of $8.
$40-$59: $4 Minimum, upwards of $10
$60+: 10% or more.

Some people are so damn cheap, others are very generous.

Having done deliveries I see them all. People that tip less than a dollar, thats low. Especially when its from a specialty restaurant and not a chain/pizza joint. I contemplated even taking the tip if they're that tight.

I'd say average tip is $4. Repeat customers are generally more munificent.

Basically tip what you feel it's worth. Your time, driving down, gas, waiting, coming back. Or...make a phone call and its at your door in 30 minutes, and you didnt miss part of the game if youre watching something.

When the weather is miserable that is when tip expectations should be heightened, and rightly so. If someone drove over on the ice and snow, trudged through the cold in -20 up your unshoveled walk, so that you didnt have to, show some respect and tip a bit more.

My opinion anyways.

sputnik
02-14-2006, 11:44 AM
$4-5 on average.

However if it is a big order, or the weather is lousy, or the delivery arrived sooner than i expected it to I will add a couple of bucks.

accord823
02-14-2006, 11:51 AM
Originally posted by max_boost
But still, easy work for $25+hour hehe [/B]

Holly $25+ per hour??? where the hell do you work??
:drool:

89coupe
02-14-2006, 11:57 AM
Delivery guys I tip $3

Hairdresser I tip $10

Valet...LOL...I don't let anyone drive my vehicles.

Waiters/Waitresses I double the GST unless its over $100 and then I give 20-25% depending on how good the service was.

gpomp
02-14-2006, 01:11 PM
Originally posted by szw
Tip your delivery guys!

handsomebassman
02-14-2006, 01:16 PM
Originally posted by 89coupe
Valet...LOL...I don't let anyone drive my vehicles.

Oh, i know. Those valet guys just bag the shit out of 16 and 17 year old mustang and talons.:rolleyes:

QuasarCav
02-14-2006, 01:29 PM
Originally posted by handsomebassman

Oh, i know. Those valet guys just bag the shit out of 16 and 17 year old mustang and talons.:rolleyes:

Your a fucking clown.

l8braker
02-14-2006, 01:39 PM
^ LOL

Yes, I always tip 3-4$

handsomebassman
02-14-2006, 01:44 PM
Originally posted by QuasarCav

Your a fucking clown.

OH HAHAHa. Like the clowns from the movies right? where like they are either all happy, or like sad, and creepy? Thats what you meant right? haha, cause thats what i thought you might of meant. You know cause like when i watch all of those movies im always thinkin like "oooo whats the clown gonna do next" and sometimes he does it, and sometimes he doesnt do what i think he is going to do next. But hahah, clowns keep you on the edge of your seat, and they can be hella funny or not, you know? just depends, but seriously LOL X10 on the clown comment, that was sweet! HAhahaha.

:rolleyes:

But yea, i find that 3-4$ is a good tip to give the delivery drivers. That seems to be about average from what im seeing too. And yea, when its really really cold outside, that definatly adds to the tip. I feel bad for those gas station guys!

Lo)2enz0
02-14-2006, 01:50 PM

I feel bad for those gas station guys!

oh i know what you mean, cause everyone is getting full service when its freezing outside. i never do full service, mainly because these guys feeze there ass's off and at some point they need a break.

handsomebassman
02-14-2006, 01:55 PM
^^^ yea, i think ive only gone through full service a handfull of times. Not only because maybe it will give them a break from the cold, but also because EVERY single person on earth seems to be in the full service area when its freezing outside.

yohan4ws
02-14-2006, 02:04 PM
speaking of tipping for something you can do yourself..

Know what gets me ? the bars these days... some dude is hired to stay in the washroom, watches you piss and thengive syou soap and a paper towel when you go to wash your hands ... and then theres a tip jar... wtf?

this bothers me.

for pizza delivery people, 2bux should be the happy medium.

think about it (I used to deliver pizza) .. in a rush which is between 5pm and 8:30pm, I was making $6/hour plus tips ... Domino's is free delivery.

If I made 6 deliveries, at 2bux each, I'd makea nother 12 dollars.. puts me at 30bux for 3hours .. factor in gas, which is dumb these days, come up with about $23 dollars to pocket not including wear and tear on the car <cash paid, no tax>..

I got pissed at ppl who didnt tip 2bucks at least. On huge orders, like 100bux plus, I'd get 10 dollars.. those were happy deliveries for me. really, depending on driving, I'd get at MOST 10 deliveries in a night during rush. On avg. I made 10-12/hour.

So yeah, if its free delivery, tip em 2bux.. if the weather is shitty, tip better. If you're toolazy to go pickup your own pie and want to be charged x dollar for having pizza put to your door (pizza73 for example) well .. its debatable, i'll never do more than 2bux. But those guys dont usually get paid by the hour.

89coupe
02-14-2006, 02:08 PM
Originally posted by yohan4ws
speaking of tipping for something you can do yourself..

Know what gets me ? the bars these days... some dude is hired to stay in the washroom, watches you piss and thengive syou soap and a paper towel when you go to wash your hands ... and then theres a tip jar... wtf?

this bothers me.

for pizza delivery people, 2bux should be the happy medium.

think about it (I used to deliver pizza) .. in a rush which is between 5pm and 8:30pm, I was making $6/hour plus tips ... Domino's is free delivery.

If I made 6 deliveries, at 2bux each, I'd makea nother 12 dollars.. puts me at 30bux for 3hours .. factor in gas, which is dumb these days, come up with about $23 dollars to pocket not including wear and tear on the car &lt;cash paid, no tax&gt;..

I got pissed at ppl who didnt tip 2bucks at least. On huge orders, like 100bux plus, I'd get 10 dollars.. those were happy deliveries for me. really, depending on driving, I'd get at MOST 10 deliveries in a night during rush. On avg. I made 10-12/hour.

So yeah, if its free delivery, tip em 2bux.. if the weather is shitty, tip better. If you're toolazy to go pickup your own pie and want to be charged x dollar for having pizza put to your door (pizza73 for example) well .. its debatable, i'll never do more than 2bux. But those guys dont usually get paid by the hour.

I always tip those guys in the washroom each time I take a piss. So probably 5 dollars in the night...LOL. Its the least you can do for those poor schmucks to have to stand there and watch and smell you piss.:barf:

handsomebassman
02-14-2006, 02:13 PM

I always tip those guys in the washroom each time I take a piss. So probably 5 dollars in the night...LOL. Its the least you can do for those poor schmucks to have to stand there and watch and smell you piss.:barf:

lol

But honestly, there HAS to be another job out there for them. And i gotta say, i am never ever going to tip someone for passing me soap in a bathroom. I only did that once, and that was at The Apollo in newyork. But never again....never again....

89coupe
02-14-2006, 02:13 PM

Yeh, I would much rather drive an 06 Civic or a YJ then my 600hp Stang.:rolleyes:

Zero102
02-14-2006, 02:27 PM
If the place charges for delivery, I don't tip. Honestly, it's like when you go to a resteraunt, and they say on the bottom of the bill that it includes a 10% gratuity. It just pisses me off. I know it's not completely fair to the delivery driver, but I'm also making a point by doing it.

When they don't charge for delivery, it's usually ~20%, unless it's over $40 or $50, then it's usually ~15%. If the weather is bad, add 5%-10%.
If I make them drive all the way out to me to bring me my food, I might as well make it worth their while.

Bill Cosby
02-14-2006, 02:31 PM
Originally posted by Ben
My observations:

$20-$39: generally a few dollars, but often upwards of $8.
$40-$59: $4 Minimum, upwards of $10
$60+: 10% or more.

Some people are so damn cheap, others are very generous.

Having done deliveries I see them all. People that tip less than a dollar, thats low. Especially when its from a specialty restaurant and not a chain/pizza joint. I contemplated even taking the tip if they're that tight.

I'd say average tip is $4. Repeat customers are generally more munificent.

Basically tip what you feel it's worth. Your time, driving down, gas, waiting, coming back. Or...make a phone call and its at your door in 30 minutes, and you didnt miss part of the game if youre watching something.

When the weather is miserable that is when tip expectations should be heightened, and rightly so. If someone drove over on the ice and snow, trudged through the cold in -20 up your unshoveled walk, so that you didnt have to, show some respect and tip a bit more.

My opinion anyways.

thats where i disagree

i mean im a good tipper but

why should i be paying you extra to do your job because the conditions?

regardless you are still hired for them same job description it doesnt change anything

i only tip because i feel socially awkward waiting for them to return my change back

RX-7_TWINTURBO
02-14-2006, 02:39 PM

Yeh, I would much rather drive an 06 Civic or a YJ then my 600hp Stang.:rolleyes:
me too, i would'nt have my licence anymore if i had a 600hp vehicle ;) :bigpimp:

QuasarCav
02-14-2006, 02:44 PM
Originally posted by Bill Cosby

i only tip because i feel socially awkward waiting for them to return my change back

:werd:

eb0i
02-14-2006, 02:45 PM
I tip a few buck(2-5), depending on how long it took them to get the food to me, and if they were nice when I greeted them at the door.

My question, off topic, but do you tip if you pick up the food?

Rockski
02-14-2006, 03:04 PM
i used to deliver and its cool when people give you a nice chunk of change... but there's still the fuckers that just give you a flat out dollar ammount so like under a buck... and im one of those fuckers.

Weapon_R
02-14-2006, 03:56 PM
I don't understand where you guys get some of your information from. If a restaurant charges a delivery charge, this extra money does not go to a driver - a driver gets paid the same regardless of whether the restaurant charges a delivery charge.

I used to deliver when I was in high school. The place I worked at paid $2.50 for local deliveries, and $3.00 for further ones. The tips were generally what made me money, as $2.50 was barely enough to pay for the gas that I spent driving there and back at times.

A lot of people are assholes. The tips were the only thing that made the job worthwhile. Working in the restaurant industry blows.

szw
02-14-2006, 04:06 PM
Originally posted by eb0i

My question, off topic, but do you tip if you pick up the food?

Depends on how cute she is

max_boost
02-14-2006, 04:32 PM
Originally posted by Ben

That's exactly it. I mean sometimes take into account where your delivery is coming from. If it's a far delivery, at least give the guy a few bucks for his troubles!

James
02-14-2006, 04:37 PM
Originally posted by TrevorK

Drivers bragging about what they make just furthers the belief that they obviously don't need the tips.

Hes not braggin'...but it is nice money :D...but you also have to consider the cost of driving your car apx. 100k or more for 3-4 hours...takes a toll.

And very well said Benny.....I seem to see the exact same pro's and con's when I Deliver, wierd.:D

max_boost
02-14-2006, 04:41 PM
^^^

I don't mean to come across as bragging or arrogant, just saying the money is worth the trouble. :D

Dave P
02-14-2006, 04:49 PM
Usually if im getting take out its really late at night, and im drunk. So the guy usually gets a good tip.

If its a rare evening delivery i usually just round up to the nearest 10-20-30 etc

dino_martini
02-14-2006, 05:36 PM
Originally posted by Lo)2enz0

oh i know what you mean, cause everyone is getting full service when its freezing outside. i never do full service, mainly because these guys feeze there ass's off and at some point they need a break.

My parents dont get the full service guy to put their gas when the station has full service....thats what they had kids for :D

GTS Jeff
02-14-2006, 06:38 PM
Originally posted by Weapon_R
I don't understand where you guys get some of your information from. If a restaurant charges a delivery charge, this extra money does not go to a driver - a driver gets paid the same regardless of whether the restaurant charges a delivery charge.

Last time I ordered Pizza73, I asked the driver if he gets the $3 delivery charge. He said, "yes." I didn't tip him.

Originally posted by szw

Aren't you a lady's man...:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

HTN SWCHS
02-14-2006, 06:51 PM
i used to be a driver for swiss chalet so i try to round up to the next 10$ mark, it was an awesome job, $100 cash a day working from 4-9, even more if you work a full shift, one rainy day i got $275 for 11-close (1030)

me and my buddy would hit a 40 or a 6 pack while doing it, boring as hell doing it alone, and on some 70-80$ orders, the guy in the store would report the order as cancelled and we'd split the cash, good times

Weapon_R
02-14-2006, 07:00 PM

Last time I ordered Pizza73, I asked the driver if he gets the $3 delivery charge. He said, &quot;yes.&quot; I didn't tip him.

Of course they get a delivery charge. Every restaurant gives their driver a delivery charge in one way or another. Pizza 73 is cheap and doesn't eat the cost of delivery like smaller places do. But if you think that $3.00 is sufficient enough to drive to your house and back again, that's your opinion but many do not share it.

Sharpie
02-14-2006, 07:03 PM

Pfft your stang has nothing on his civic or yj...:rofl: j/k man

But back ontopic i usually tip pretty good. anywhere from $3-10 bucks which i think is fair.:dunno:

cman
02-14-2006, 09:04 PM
Usually $2 or $3 for pizza before 11pm, anytime after mid night $5 or more. I'm drunk and I feel bad for their asses.
Tip bartenders once per night a dollar or two.
Never teh washroom guy, I can rip a piece of paper towel just fine on my own thanks.

LOL at anyone who uses full serve, are you honestly lazy, and sad enough to not spend 2 minutes pumping your own gas? I wonder why North American's are so out of shape:confused:

handsomebassman
02-14-2006, 09:08 PM

:whocares:

Well while i drive to vancouver on one tank of gas, and climb a mountain in the great outdoors on a sunday afternoon, you can call me and tell me how the weather is at the gas station.

Originally posted by Dave P
Usually if im getting take out its really late at night, and im drunk. So the guy usually gets a good tip.

Yea, im usually in the same situation.
:)

TrevorK
02-14-2006, 10:29 PM

You're looking at it from only one side.

Think of it from the side of the average customer, who doesn't (and hasn't) worked in the industry.

Their pizza comes to $20, then they are told there is a $3 delivery charge. In their mind, they are now paying extra for delivery, so why would they pay the delivery driver on top of the extra fee?

CKY
02-15-2006, 12:22 AM
I don't, cuz they're always late:whipped:

GTS Jeff
02-15-2006, 01:02 AM

Of course they get a delivery charge. Every restaurant gives their driver a delivery charge in one way or another. Pizza 73 is cheap and doesn't eat the cost of delivery like smaller places do. But if you think that $3.00 is sufficient enough to drive to your house and back again, that's your opinion but many do not share it.

So you're saying that the $3 delivery charge that Pizza73 charges is not like a mandatory tip and that Pizza73 drivers actually get paid the same amount as, say, Panago drivers by the restaurant, but still rely upon tips? Can you support this with evidence? If so, I'm gonna start tipping those poor bastards. Actually, I'll probably just stop ordering from Pizza73 altogether.

HTN SWCHS
02-15-2006, 01:27 AM
sometimes its hourly plus tips, sometimes its a minimal deliv charge, swiss chalet on memorial eats all the deliv charges,

so say someone ordered a 12$ meal and got it delivered downtown past 10th ave (the train tracks) then regardless 8$ is the drivers to keep, drivers get anywhere from 3-12$ a delivery

or if they work for a deliv company like a-1, places give them shit orders where they gotta go far and pay em like 2.50, so they rely on tips

there was this one ASSHOLE in rundle who would order dinner for one (pathetic, 40y/o virgin type) and NEVER give out tips, it wouldnt fail, every time, the drivers would come back with dimes and pennies, what a jerk

eb0i
02-15-2006, 01:35 AM
Originally posted by szw

gotcha :thumbsup:

Ben
02-15-2006, 03:30 AM
Originally posted by cman

LOL at anyone who uses full serve, are you honestly lazy, and sad enough to not spend 2 minutes pumping your own gas? I wonder why North American's are so out of shape:confused:

No, of course not, because it takes 15 minutes to fill their SUV!

*rimshot*

abyss
02-15-2006, 09:36 AM
Originally posted by HTN SWCHS

there was this one ASSHOLE in rundle who would order dinner for one (pathetic, 40y/o virgin type) and NEVER give out tips, it wouldnt fail, every time, the drivers would come back with dimes and pennies, what a jerk

That's funny cause I got tipped in change one time, but when I got to the door the guy looked really surprised that it was a girl, so he goes "umm.....just hold on a sec..." he comes back with his change jar and goes "hold out your hands.." I'm thinking.."you've gotta be fucking kidding me." He tries to pour the entire jar into my hands, it was falling all over the floor and stuff, I just took what was in my hands, said thank you, and left.

Zero102
02-15-2006, 10:11 AM
Haha, I've tipped in change once....
To make up for it all being pennies, nickels and dimes, I made it ~$8, so it was at least worth his time to count it all out :)

89coupe
02-15-2006, 10:20 AM

:whocares:

Well while i drive to vancouver on one tank of gas, and climb a mountain in the great outdoors on a sunday afternoon, you can call me and tell me how the weather is at the gas station.

Yea, im usually in the same situation.
:)

You were the one who made the first smartass comment ;)

I prefer flying to Van but when I do drive I take the Ford Focus.

If I go 4x4 up the mountains its in a Toyota Tacoma TRD:bigpimp:

Pee_Sack
02-15-2006, 10:31 AM
I used to work at pizza hut Friday night 4pm-1am Saturday 4-12 Sunday 4-11

I would get $3.50 per delivery plus tips which on average would be $3 per house. On a busy night I would so 20+ deliveries. On average I would make about $500 for my 3 nights of work. Then you factor in gas, food for the night, maintenance on my car. I would bring home around $400/weekend. By no means was it a hard job or a bad paying job. I never had a social life since I was doing this all weekend and school all week. Some customers are really good tippers (the best I hever got was a $25 tip, this was because the kitchen screwed up thier $50 order and they got it for free so she tipped me really good). When I bought my truck, and had to deliver in that I allways had customers give me more money becuase I drove a truck.

So you're saying that the $3 delivery charge that Pizza73 charges is not like a mandatory tip and that Pizza73 drivers actually get paid the same amount as, say, Panago drivers by the restaurant, but still rely upon tips? Can you support this with evidence? If so, I'm gonna start tipping those poor bastards. Actually, I'll probably just stop ordering from Pizza73 altogether.

and Jeff, I also worked at Panago for about 3 weeks, and they do have a delivery charge, they just don't put it on the reciept. They add it into the pizza price or whatever you order.

handsomebassman
02-15-2006, 10:38 AM

If I go 4x4 up the mountains its in a Toyota Tacoma TRD:bigpimp:

lol, yea, okay, you are alright in my books now:D

Foz
02-15-2006, 02:21 PM
Like someone else said. If delivery charges are included, no.

Otherwise, yes.

GTS Jeff
02-15-2006, 03:23 PM
Originally posted by Pee_Sack
and Jeff, I also worked at Panago for about 3 weeks, and they do have a delivery charge, they just don't put it on the reciept. They add it into the pizza price or whatever you order. What? The menu advertises pizza for $20 or whatever, and the bill is that plus GST. Nothing more...

I'd be pretty pissed if they charged $22 for a pizza that says $20 on the menu.

Weapon_R
02-15-2006, 03:52 PM

Yes, driver's get paid about the same at any restaurant. The drivers do not get X + delivery charge at Pizza 73.

Evidence? LOL. Last I checked, there weren't any scholarly journals to provide you with. Ask your driver.

Drivers get paid in one of two different ways. Some places pay them an hourly wage + a meager amount (50 cents or so) per delivery like Dominos, while others get paid 2-4 dollars per delivery. Either way, restaurants do not give their drivers extra by charging that delivery charge. Rather, some avoid paying out of their own pockets by passing that cost onto the customers.

GTS Jeff
02-15-2006, 04:36 PM

Yes, driver's get paid about the same at any restaurant. The drivers do not get X + delivery charge at Pizza 73.

Evidence? LOL. Last I checked, there weren't any scholarly journals to provide you with. Ask your driver.

Drivers get paid in one of two different ways. Some places pay them an hourly wage + a meager amount (50 cents or so) per delivery like Dominos, while others get paid 2-4 dollars per delivery. Either way, restaurants do not give their drivers extra by charging that delivery charge. Rather, some avoid paying out of their own pockets by passing that cost onto the customers. Ok, well I'll take your word for it. Sigh, I'll probably just stop ordering from Pizza73 (too bad, cuz their greek and their fire chicken are pretty good)...and now those delivery drivers won't get anything at all haha.

max_boost
02-15-2006, 05:32 PM
So basically the restaurant can hire delivery drivers for free because the customers paid for them :D