PDA

View Full Version : driving without liscence ticket

asp integra
02-14-2006, 11:40 PM
my buddy was driving last week and was pulled over, he has a liscence but he didnt have it with him, can he fight it? cause he is a liscenced driver, he just didnt have his card with him when he was pulled over

skyline19
02-14-2006, 11:41 PM
what did it say on the ticket?

i've heard about these and i dont think you can fight them all that well. my advice is to go see the crown prosicuter.

Nova316
02-14-2006, 11:43 PM
Umm you can fight them for sure
But u cant get it reduced to 0.. your still gonna need to pay like 25% of it. If he has a valid reason for not having his licences on him

'93 SR-V
02-14-2006, 11:44 PM
he's probably screwed. I got one a few years back... failure to produce liscence or something like that. I looked into it and they said that they used to rip 'em up if you brought your liscence in w/ the ticket, but they stopped doing it (and this is what I was told like 2 years back). How much are they these days anyway? Mine was like $57 I think.

asp integra
02-14-2006, 11:52 PM
the ticket was for $172
on the ticket it says :
167[1][a] fail to produce drivers license
and it also says(in my buddies words) :
and then it has an x on the traffic safety act box, but i think it SHOULD be checked off as operator licensing & vehicle control reg.

BlueGoblin
02-15-2006, 03:19 AM
^ Why do you think that?

The TSA is posted several place on the internet- you can check to read the full wording of any offence.

I use CanLii

http://www.canlii.org/ab/laws/sta/t-6/20060115/whole.html

Traffic Safety Act, R.S.A. 2000, c. T-6

Production of documents

167(1) On the request of a peace officer, a person driving or otherwise having the care or control of a motor vehicle or trailer shall produce to the peace officer for inspection the following documents as requested by the peace officer:

(a) the person’s subsisting operator’s licence;

(b) the subsisting certificate of registration issued in respect of the motor vehicle and any trailer attached to the motor vehicle;

(c) the subsisting financial responsibility card issued in respect of that motor vehicle;

(d) the customs permit issued in respect of the motor vehicle where a customs permit has been obtained in respect of the motor vehicle’s entry into Canada.

Zero102
02-15-2006, 10:02 AM
Yup, he's hosed.
The law states that you both have to have a license, and carry it with you at all times when driving.
That's why he got failure to produce instead of driving without a license and his car impounded.
He's lucky already.

Pee_Sack
02-15-2006, 10:12 AM
Your buddy fucked up, tell him to have his license in his wallet at all time. If he forgets his wallet a lot tell him to put his license in his glove box with his insurance and reg. HE made a mistake and he has to pay for it now. I don't think you should be able to fight tickets like this. He obviously broke the law and now he has to pay for it. If ppl keep getting away with tickets they won't learn there lesson. My first 2 years of driving I paid more money in tickets than I did on my first car, I never tried to fight any of them, I suck it up and paid everyone. This has made me a more responsible driver, I realized how much it sucks when you get caught, so now I don't do anything I really shouldnt.

b16a_jdm
02-15-2006, 12:21 PM
I got this same ticket last year, the only thing you can fight is to get the price reduced. Droped mine down to $100

dericer
02-15-2006, 12:26 PM
I got one about two years ago now. I went down to the courthouse asap and got it reduced to 25 buck.

Just be honest w/ the prosecutor. I just plain forgot mine at home.

JAYMEZ
02-15-2006, 05:40 PM
Hrmm odd , I got one 2 years ago because i left my wallet in another jacket , got the ticket and then had 24 hours to produce an ID and it got thrown out.