PDA

View Full Version : Wonderful Weather

Zero102
02-15-2006, 04:38 PM
Wow, this weather has sure turned around. Every time I check the weather channel, it keeps getting worse!!
I sure hope it isn't this cold, since I'd pretty much have to leave the car plugged in all night.

http://pages.cpsc.ucalgary.ca/~rowatc/pics/holycrap.GIF

That is mighty cold.... Up until now, I had been saying that I would be happy with whatever weather we got, since it had been so warm to this point. I think I'm changing my mind.

Foz
02-15-2006, 04:39 PM
Holy crap! :eek:

I heard Thursday would be the worse day and that was -25C.. now with -42, -37C with windchill..

Oh boy oh boy..

can't wait..

shawtie
02-15-2006, 04:42 PM
it had to come sometime...

2000_SI
02-15-2006, 04:57 PM
:werd:
As hard as it seems to believe, we ARE still in winter here folks...

~Leah~
02-15-2006, 05:06 PM
It's only a day people. ONE DAY. Keep this up and we're gonna get a 2 week cold spell *knock on wood* Just take it and don't complain cuz it could be worse.

shawtie
02-15-2006, 05:08 PM
^^ exactly

l8braker
02-15-2006, 05:09 PM
Enjoy that shit, i'll be down in So Cal visiting my bro for reading week.

http://www.oceansidebeachresort.com/bch.jpg

sputnik
02-15-2006, 05:10 PM
Wuss.

We've all seen worse... and for MUCH longer stretches of time. When I first moved to Calgary I remember a stretch of 3 weeks where it didnt get much warmer than -30C.

89coupe
02-15-2006, 05:17 PM
I hope it lasts like this for a month straight...haha. Make gas prices soar...:D and push stock prices through the roof.:bigpimp:

~Leah~
02-15-2006, 05:26 PM
Originally posted by 89coupe
I hope it lasts like this for a month straight...haha. Make gas prices soar...:D and push stock prices through the roof.:bigpimp:
Just for saying that.... where do you live again? :whipped:

Kirbs17
02-15-2006, 05:29 PM
Holy fuck the snow just hit here hard!!

Dropped about 10 degrees in an hour:

http://img326.imageshack.us/img326/4185/picture0016yb1.jpg

Video of snow (http://www.filecabi.net/u.php?file=1140046026.mpg)

Foz
02-15-2006, 05:35 PM
Awesome.. time to go drive the Scoob!

joyridder
02-15-2006, 05:39 PM
:cry: :cry: :cry: BASTARDS:cry: :cry: :cry:

Zero102
02-15-2006, 05:46 PM
I know it could be a lot worse. I'm just saying that I'm a little bit surprised how fast the weather is turning around. I understand why, but it's still kind of surprising how I could wear shorts on monday, but any less than 2 pairs of pants on thursday and I'll have frost-bite.

That said, to everybody who lives in a warm climate (i.e. could wear shorts today) :guns: :guns:

I'm expecting about another 2 months of ~-15*C nightly lows, and -10*C daily highs, but a -30*C nightly low is pretty cold.

cman
02-15-2006, 05:53 PM
Originally posted by ~Leah~
It's only a day people. ONE DAY. Keep this up and we're gonna get a 2 week cold spell *knock on wood* Just take it and don't complain cuz it could be worse.
lol how is it just one day? There are three days estimated as being below -20, and that is just in the 5 day forcast.

All I can say is it's about time, we have had very little winter which is sad. Hopefully it stays for a while.

DJ Lazy
02-15-2006, 07:58 PM
It's about time winter showed up... :thumbsup:

theken
02-15-2006, 08:30 PM
you guys that enjoy the cold weather obviously dont work outside like me, it is definatly gay rod, today was shitty, tomorrow is gonna be hell

NickGT
02-15-2006, 08:36 PM
Originally posted by theken
you guys that enjoy the cold weather obviously dont work outside like me, it is definatly gay rod, today was shitty, tomorrow is gonna be hell

Yah I work outside to man. This shit is no fun at all. But the worst thing of all is the wind. I can deal with a cold day, I can deal with a little snow. But throw in wind chill and its hell.

89coupe
02-15-2006, 08:40 PM
Cold weather means

http://www.phototour.minneapolis.mn.us/pics/3957.jpg

elementone
02-15-2006, 09:11 PM
damn it
and i was gonna do some engine work during reading (fake spring break) week..
there goes that

cman
02-15-2006, 09:13 PM
Originally posted by theken
I worked outside for two years straight before I began school this past fall.

Hakkola
02-15-2006, 09:15 PM
It's supposed to be +6 on Saturday, or so I heard, when I looked yesterday it said +1 on Saturday, either way, the cold weather isn't going to last.

dj_rice
02-15-2006, 09:20 PM
According to The Weather Network, tomorrow and Friday are the coldest days then it warms up again on the weekend and next week...hopefully....

http://www.theweathernetwork.com/weather/cities/can/Pages/CAAB0049.htm

Heres CFCN's forecast

http://www.cfcn.ca/generic/fragments/weather/images/5.jpg

So yeah major differences between the 2, but I'm sticking with CFCN

cman
02-15-2006, 09:21 PM
As long as it stays below freezing I'm happy.

EK 2.0
02-15-2006, 09:28 PM
meh, it's about time...rather deal with it now..than in July...

jdmakkord
02-15-2006, 09:38 PM
Holy fuck you pussies! Its February!!!! Only the coldest month of the year, every year. Suck it up, we had a december with 2 days of snow, and mild temperatures, a January that was about the same. We got off easy, and had this coming.:rolleyes:

Goblin
02-15-2006, 10:13 PM
Yah im not mad or sad or anything, just winter drifting fun with RWD!

Zero102
02-15-2006, 11:11 PM
Originally posted by jdmakkord
Holy fuck you pussies! Its February!!!! Only the coldest month of the year, every year. Suck it up, we had a december with 2 days of snow, and mild temperatures, a January that was about the same. We got off easy, and had this coming.:rolleyes:

Calm down buddy,
We are all saying that we expected it. Don't get us wrong. But at the same time, it's unfortunate that our nice weather is coming to an end, and it's changing so drastically too.

max_boost
02-15-2006, 11:18 PM
Cold weather means

http://www.phototour.minneapolis.mn.us/pics/3957.jpg Fuck yah. :bigpimp: :bigpimp: :bigpimp:

Roger Moore
02-15-2006, 11:18 PM
Gotta love working outside in these days... I hope she warms up by next week, i was enjoying it

They say this winter is due to the Katrina earthquake knocking the earth off its "normal rotation" so its given us these mild temperatures. Or maybe its all you SUV drivers :dunno:

dino_martini
02-15-2006, 11:39 PM
I know how much most of you hate snow. I wish it would snow more, just a huge ass dump. I could make cash snow shoveling...man do I love money. When ever we get a huge dump of snow, its never over a school holiday. Its on a monday night or some crap like that.

Altezza
02-16-2006, 12:06 AM
Cold temps here don't do squat. I want to see consistent cold temps along the American east coast. Then we're talking $$$.

EK 2.0
02-16-2006, 08:24 AM
Originally posted by Altezza
Cold temps here don't do squat. I want to see consistent cold temps along the American east coast. Then we're talking $$$.

werrd...the season started off nice...but then...:(

sputnik
02-16-2006, 08:33 AM

Sort of. However cold temps in Alberta wont push oil and gas prices as much as cold weather in the east where they use natural gas to run their steam plants.

A couple of years ago the east coast was getting hammered and gas prices at some of the eastern hubs (dawn, niagara and iroquois) were trading gas at over $30 USD/MMBtu while Alberta AECO gas was around $12 CDN/GJ.

shawtie
02-16-2006, 08:42 AM
Originally posted by Roger Moore
Gotta love working outside in these days... I hope she warms up by next week, i was enjoying it

They say this winter is due to the Katrina earthquake knocking the earth off its "normal rotation" so its given us these mild temperatures. Or maybe its all you SUV drivers :dunno:

hurrican not earthquake lol

calgarygts
02-16-2006, 08:52 AM
this has got to be the worst timing ever. Two man bobsleigh race tonight with nothing but a spandex suit. That's what I call shrinkage.

Ekliptix
02-16-2006, 10:23 AM
Originally posted by l8braker
Enjoy that shit, i'll be down in So Cal visiting my bro for reading week.

http://www.oceansideeachresort.com/bch.jpg

I've been there. :D

FatboyTheHungry
02-16-2006, 10:30 AM
Well, having lived in the deep south for a few years, all I gotta say is, I'd rather deal with a handful of cold days every year than have my house blow away...

Vypros
02-16-2006, 11:28 AM
yay i can go to the out door rink and play ice hockey without being sad that the ice is melting away :clap: bundle up people! i went outside to get the mail and i couldnt find my willly for a week :eek:

89coupe
02-16-2006, 11:44 AM
Originally posted by sputnik

Sort of. However cold temps in Alberta wont push oil and gas prices as much as cold weather in the east where they use natural gas to run their steam plants.

A couple of years ago the east coast was getting hammered and gas prices at some of the eastern hubs (dawn, niagara and iroquois) were trading gas at over $30 USD/MMBtu while Alberta AECO gas was around $12 CDN/GJ.

Its pretty much a deep freeze across the Country.

http://weatheroffice.ec.gc.ca/canada_e.html?Day=3

Altezza
02-16-2006, 12:07 PM
The areas with the larger population densities are not suffering from too much cold at all.

sputnik
02-16-2006, 12:18 PM

Its pretty much a deep freeze across the Country.

http://weatheroffice.ec.gc.ca/canada_e.html?Day=3

-3C in Toronto isnt much of a "deep freeze".

89coupe
02-16-2006, 12:20 PM
Originally posted by sputnik

-3C in Toronto isnt much of a "deep freeze".

What temperature does water freeze at? Cold is cold.

~Leah~
02-16-2006, 12:32 PM
Ontarians (if thats what you call them) are pretty wimpy... mind you, alot of Albertans are now too after the mild winter we've had so far. I remember when I lived in Regina about 5 yrs ago and we had months of -35 weather with -52 windchill every day... and I'm watching the weather network and they're talking about how Toronto is in a deep freeze at -15 and schools are closing... while NO school in Regina ever closed during that spell. Ohhh the toughness of us westerners.

85regal
02-16-2006, 12:53 PM
in toronto defense...there is a lot more moisture in the air there. so -15 does feel extreamly cold there, i am from there and before i moved here i thought -30 is going to be brutal in the winter, but it really is not that bad.

sputnik
02-16-2006, 01:06 PM

What temperature does water freeze at? Cold is cold.

True. However -3C wont force the eastern powerplants to the brink or change the tolerance levels on the pipelines.

The discussion wasnt about water freezing... it was about the weather affecting oil and gas prices.

My live NYMEX feed currently has gas down at $7.06 and crude at $57.85

abyss
02-16-2006, 01:15 PM
We've definately had this coming, winter has been really good this year, warm here but still snow in the mountains. Win/Win as far as I'm concerned. Plus growing up in the NWT has made me appreciate even the -25 days. My mom made us walk to school a couple of times in -45 only to find out school was closed for the day anyways!!! :banghead:

Foz
02-16-2006, 02:06 PM
Originally posted by calgarygts
this has got to be the worst timing ever. Two man bobsleigh race tonight with nothing but a spandex suit. That's what I call shrinkage.

There's always cuddling..
:rofl:

could be worse.. 2 men luge..

CLiVE
02-16-2006, 02:14 PM
Originally posted by calgarygts

haha. good luck man.... :eek: I walked 2 blocks to my office and felt cold for hours.
How's the bobsleigh going?

calgarygts
02-16-2006, 04:36 PM
^^I quit after last season and am just doing it for fun now, just the small races in calgary. It's even better now cause I'm still beating everyone but I never train so I can talk all kinds of trash.
I was just outside, so f'in cold out there.
On a happy note, the race is postponed until tommorow night so I'll have one more night before I have the smallest wang in the world.

Foz
02-16-2006, 04:39 PM
Still -36C out with windchill.. glad I'm home.. still fricken cold in my room though.

Pee_Sack
02-16-2006, 04:40 PM
Originally posted by Vypros
yay i can go to the out door rink and play ice hockey without being sad that the ice is melting away :clap: bundle up people! i went outside to get the mail and i couldnt find my willly for a week :eek:

OT: Thats not because of the cold :D:D:D:D

cman
02-16-2006, 06:59 PM
Originally posted by 85regal
in toronto defense...there is a lot more moisture in the air there. so -15 does feel extreamly cold there, i am from there and before i moved here i thought -30 is going to be brutal in the winter, but it really is not that bad.
Yep, the prairie air is very dry compared to that in TO, so -15 there feels a hell of a lot colder than -15 here does.
Never the less it is damn cold here when you factor in the windchill, hockey all weekend fuck ya.