PDA

View Full Version : Da Guido

Si_FlyGuy
02-15-2006, 08:28 PM
General consensus here is that this restaurant's one of the best in the city. Would anyone like to review it, or post some suggestions on what to try?

Looking forward to heading down there this weekend.

Ajay
02-15-2006, 11:00 PM
Last time I was there I had the Peppercorn Steak....it was sooooooo incredibly good it pretty much melted in my mouth.

Definetly give that one a shot! Da Guido's is probably one of the best restaurants I've ever been too.

Damn.....now I want that steak :drool:

buh_buh
02-15-2006, 11:19 PM
That is one of the best places I've been to too.
Their seafood platter is to die for.:drool:

max_boost
02-15-2006, 11:51 PM
What's the dress code?
Website?
Hours of operations?
Reservations?
Peak hours?
How much time should you set aside for dinner? 2 hours?

Thanks, looking to try it out in the summer when I have time off LOL

2.2vtec
02-16-2006, 12:29 AM
Man I took my girlfriend there for valentines when I was 16:bigpimp:

snowboard
02-16-2006, 12:38 AM
where the hell is it.

Vagabond142
02-16-2006, 10:50 AM
Da Guido Ristorante
2001 Centre Street, N.
Calgary, Alberta
T2E 2S9

Phone for reservations: 276-1365

Vagabond142
02-16-2006, 10:55 AM
Also, for review, I will agree that the seafood platter = :drool: :drool: :drool: :drool: :drool: (with appropriate Homer Simpson sounds of "aagghghghblblblbllblb" added to the drooling)

What's the dress code?

Semi-formal seems to be the average. No ties or such, but "nicer" clothes, like a good pair of khakis with a decent pair of shoes and a comfy shirt

Website?

None that i know of

Hours of operations?

Call the number in the post above, they'll have more details

Reservations?

Yes. If you want a good experience, expect to reserve 1-2 weeks ahead during average business days. It's ALWAYS better to reserve in advance, "better safe than sorry."

Peak hours?

From what I've seen, 6-8 is when most people start to arrive en force

How much time should you set aside for dinner? 2 hours?

2 hours should cover a meal, but depending on the company you may want to have a little more budgeted, so I'd say 2.5 for a full meal (drinks, appetizers, entree, desert, conversation). I've taken people there at 7 and haven't left until 10:30 before, time just does not exist in that place, it's so nice :D