PDA

View Full Version : am i the only idiot?

Grip172
02-15-2006, 10:10 PM
who has a hard time understanding movies lately? I don't know what my problem is. But i've started to realize that I can watch an entire full length movie,either by myself or in a theatre with friends and at the end i get up and think "wtf was that all about"
or "why did that happen" and i'll never actually figure it out?! I doin't know what it is, maybe i lose interest half way thru or a little bit of A.D.D. kicks in, but its wierd.

hmmmm i wonder. its kind of with music too, i never really listen to the lyrics, i am more interested in how the music is presented/played/sung

weird...just a thought

djayz
02-15-2006, 10:13 PM
im the same nothing to worry about its just that we overthink it and lose the concept

i hardly understand commercials even tho they just relay a simple message

Sharpie
02-15-2006, 10:27 PM
I hate going to movies because of that. I get out of the theater and i'm like, " what was the point of the movie?" Especially that one where the white kid meets the black parents... what was the point of that movie?

TeamBestBud
02-15-2006, 10:31 PM
Originally posted by Sharpie
I hate going to movies because of that. I get out of the theater and i'm like, " what was the point of the movie?" Especially that one where the white kid meets the black parents... what was the point of that movie?

^^:werd:

theken
02-15-2006, 10:45 PM
yeah movies are stupid, gimme ghostbusters anyday

snowboard
02-15-2006, 10:48 PM
i hate movies, cause i always, well i wonder what happened after the volcano blew the city to bits.
Did the main character die of cancer the year after?
did he live till he was 100
did he live till the next day adn get hit by a car?
jeez.

TurboMedic
02-15-2006, 10:51 PM
Originally posted by Grip172

hmmmm i wonder. its kind of with music too, i never really listen to the lyrics, i am more interested in how the music is presented/played/sung

weird...just a thought

I'm that way with music, I listen more for the complexity and talent than the words or anything......I have pretty eclectic music tastes as a result.....If its good, regardless of the genre, I'm all over it....

joyridder
02-16-2006, 11:59 AM
I like movies, but the quality is just not there anymore - its like the're running out of ideas, or that they just don't want to repeat the same theme over and over..like how many movies can you make without including the same hero/girl combo who saves the innocent bystander from an exploiding building while the killer/bad guy is less than a block away ready to blow up the world??
hopefully that came out right...lol:nut:

Fez_turbo
02-16-2006, 12:13 PM
same. now i only listen to music for beat and performance...dont care about the lyrics cause they are either about war or sex.

i havent seen a movie in a very long time, not my style anymore since they all revolve around the same topic anyways.....like the "boy meet girl, boy dates girl, boy looses girl, boy tries to find girl, boy finds girl.....and they live"...or some shit like this.l

dericer
02-16-2006, 12:14 PM
Yup, movies are becoming alot like the mainstream music scene.

Geared toward teenagers, or stupid people.

Like they say, "a fool and his money are soon parted"

I find I share many of the eccentric tastes as Ebert and Reoper. Atleast I feel they make a more educated consumer when I go and blow 50 bucks to entertain myself for 2 hours.

Grip172
02-16-2006, 01:04 PM
i could think of another way i could spend $50 and get entertained too hahaha

ya i dunno. and its not even the simple movies that i'm like wtf its complex movies like Donnie Darko or movies that have meanings and crap. LIke i just watched The Weatherman and here I am thinking, WHAT THE HELL is the point of that movie?

they are really running out of ideas

i wonder what Date Movie is going to be like? :thumbsdow

brandon
02-16-2006, 01:20 PM
Originally posted by TurboMedic

I'm that way with music, I listen more for the complexity and talent than the words or anything......I have pretty eclectic music tastes as a result.....If its good, regardless of the genre, I'm all over it....

:werd: all I do is listen to music for the lyrics, if the lyrics are repeative or fucking stupid then I hate the song.

I dunno why but that's just how I am.

Bill Cosby
02-16-2006, 01:30 PM
sometimes i can listen to a song and really like it and then listen to it again, actually understand the lyrics and think to myself wtf. this song is retarded..

handsomebassman
02-16-2006, 01:33 PM
Originally posted by brandon

:werd: all I do is listen to music for the lyrics, if the lyrics are repeative or fucking stupid then I hate the song.

I dunno why but that's just how I am.

You misunderstood turbomedic. Hes saying he listens to the talent and complexity, NOT the lyrics.;)

brandon
02-16-2006, 01:36 PM
Originally posted by handsomebassman

You misunderstood turbomedic. Hes saying he listens to the talent and complexity, NOT the lyrics.;)

yup I did, my bad..

anywho that is still what I do when listening to music :P

szw
02-16-2006, 01:45 PM
Sounds like you are getting stupid...sorry to hear it. ;)

handsomebassman
02-16-2006, 01:52 PM
^^ lol

szw
02-16-2006, 02:39 PM
LIke i just watched The Weatherman and here I am thinking, WHAT THE HELL is the point of that movie?

they are really running out of ideas

Running out of ideas? I thought this movie was pretty original and also quite entertaining. yeah it was kind of a depressing movie, but that's how its supposed to be.

Foz
02-16-2006, 03:17 PM
Part of aging.. getting old.. taste of humour isn't what it used to be.

Watch 3 stooges.. it'll bring back the laughters..

woo woohh wooo knuck knuck knuck

:rofl: :nut:

abyss
02-16-2006, 03:27 PM
I'm all about the lyrics of a song, if it's got dumb or repetitive lyrics I hate it (there are some exceptions though). I don't watch movies anymore. It's either a contest to see how much blood, guts and suspense they can shove into a 2 hour movie while still attempting to maintain the PG rating or it's the same overplayed love/hate/action story.

snowboard
02-16-2006, 03:34 PM

ya i dunno. and its not even the simple movies that i'm like wtf its complex movies like Donnie Darko

i could probably help you with that one...
i've seen it alot of times. and i agree it is fucked up.
but doesnt it make you think alot and kinda depressed hahaha