PDA

View Full Version : GC8 JDM Exterior?

Sacred
02-16-2006, 03:34 AM
Hey;

Trying to figure out what I need to make my new Impreza L ( I know.. Quite sad) into a v.5/6 Type R/STi? Heres the list I've compiled so far, anyone mind enlightening me? Nasioc keeps on shunning me.

JDM Brake Lamps
JDM Clear Corners
V.5/6 Spoiler w 3rd Brake Lamp
V.5/6 Rear Bumper Assembly
V.5/6 Front Bumper Assembly (Available from USDM 00-01)
Side Spats/Rear Bumper Spats/Front Lip
Rear Wiper Assembly
Flat Fuel Door Mod
STi Fuelcap
Aluminum Hood

Also; mind if someone tells me if the Aluminum hood includes the headscoops and vents?

rith
02-16-2006, 08:03 AM
The impreza L is FWD drive right?

GC84ever
02-16-2006, 10:34 AM
No, the aluminum hood doesn't come with a hood scoop or vents.
When you say assembly I hope you mean all parts in reference to that part: ex. bumper beam, indicator lights...
I wouldn't bother with the rear wiper, because you would have to import a whole rear window for that little feature.

make sure you specify:
V6 lip (V5 didn't have one)
V5 Grill (it protrudes a bit instead of being flush like the RS grill)

With these parts you car will look like a V5/6 Impreza WRX STi. Is your car a 2 or 4 door? because the Type R is a 2 door, but the Type RA is a 4 door.

Sacred
02-16-2006, 01:42 PM
Shit son; Thanks! What color are the indicator lights on the JDM GC8's? And do you know if the EDM Impreza's came with rear bumper fog indicators?

Sacred
02-16-2006, 02:14 PM
Originally posted by rith
The impreza L is FWD drive right?

Sigh.. You just gotta rub salt in my wounds. And yeah; I'm waiting for a S203 or S204 to crash then its time to swap Tranny & Drivetrain and hopefully I can source a USDM 2.5 from a new WRX or STi.

Pee_Sack
02-16-2006, 04:30 PM
^^what makes you think you are gonna be first in line for the first damaged s20x?

even if you were able to get your hands on those parts they would be $$$$$$$$$

That.Guy.S30
02-16-2006, 05:51 PM
^^ a few s20x have been already sold on nabisco. they are not too hard to come buy. just about 20g US for the whole shebang.

GC84ever
02-17-2006, 12:51 AM
JDM front indicators (flashers) are orange
JDM Rear lights are just red and white; EDM & USDM are red white and orange.
only certain EDM had the rear fog lamp. Imported JDM cars in to the UK had to have them added.

Good luck with your search for an engine.
Me, I would like either a EJ207 from a V8 STi with twin scroll turbo or the EJ257 engine. but i really want is a STi 6speed with DCCD :drool:
^
would like to have in about 5yrs (my realistic goal). I got suspension, body, interior work to do first.
I can't imagine how 300hp feels.

97IntegraRS
02-17-2006, 01:01 AM
Sorry to highjack the thread but how much would it be to swap a usdm wrx motor into a gc8? (Price of motor and installation)

mac_82
02-17-2006, 01:04 AM
Depending on the motor I'm guessing 3-5k. For a STi motor it would be 6k+.

Sacred
02-17-2006, 02:13 AM
Do you have pictures of the EDM fog indicators? And for anyone who's interested I have GDA type 2.0L WRX engine + Tranny if someones looking.

Originally posted by GC84ever
JDM front indicators (flashers) are orange
JDM Rear lights are just red and white; EDM & USDM are red white and orange.
only certain EDM had the rear fog lamp. Imported JDM cars in to the UK had to have them added.

Good luck with your search for an engine.
Me, I would like either a EJ207 from a V8 STi with twin scroll turbo or the EJ257 engine. but i really want is a STi 6speed with DCCD :drool:
^
would like to have in about 5yrs (my realistic goal). I got suspension, body, interior work to do first.
I can't imagine how 300hp feels.

GC84ever
02-17-2006, 12:56 PM
I think I was wrong about the rear fog light on EDM Imprezas. I've looked at the pictures i have of the P1, RB5, and other Imprezas; and none seem to have it.