PDA

View Full Version : Looking for a call taker.

Graham_A_M
02-16-2006, 02:28 PM
HI guys, the limo company that I work for (Ambassador Limousine service) is hiring.
http://www.mylimos.com
Were looking for a call taker, which is basically a person that talks to the customers regarding limo reservations, dealing with hotels/schedulers and limo drivers regarding trips, info and lots of other stuff.

The job can get pretty intense at times, and can sometimes feel like boiler room if things blow up. Just as a warning. Some people have walked out of the job because its too stressful.
But the pay is okay, and you get full benefits after three months, as well as discounts on limo rates (after the three months)

The shift scheduling is a little flexable, if you want to work in the evenings generally or the daytime, that can be worked out.
I think the starting wage is $11/hr or something like that.

A few good things about the job:
Ambassador limo is Canada's biggest limo company, we've grown over 3700% over the last 8 years. (thats not a typo, I really mean 3700%) Needless to say there is LOTS of occupational growth if your looking for a career. You can start off as a call taker and move towards vehicle maintenence in time if you want to, since I know most of you have lots of knowledge towards cars in general.

This is not some mediocre McDonalds type job whereas you just have to "show up" and "get paid" you have to do this at the best of your ability, since there are multi-million dollar contracts with some companies that are at stake at any given moment. ITs pretty serious, so like I say, it can get really stressful if the chauffeurs are late or can't make a trip for whatever reason (at the last minute)

Dont let that scare you, but just be warned that it can be a little much at times. The first 3-5 weeks will be primarily training.
Any questions, as me, either by phone (462-3579) or just PM me.

(I'm a Chauffeur for the company)

EDIT: Contact info,

Email Peggy at
[email protected]

Best wishes. No phone calls unless specified.

Fez_turbo
02-16-2006, 02:40 PM
:thumbsup: pm sent

Graham_A_M
02-17-2006, 01:46 PM
bump, contact info changed, new email for resumes, in place.

Best wishes and happy career hunting!!!

BTW, that 18 year old that called yesterday, please email your resume again, they like to schedule you for an interview.

EDIT, they are also hiring in many other areas, so don't be afraid to send out an email.

Bill Cosby
02-17-2006, 02:28 PM
$11/hour under harsh circumstances.. is that final?

Graham_A_M
02-17-2006, 02:44 PM
^ No. Its dependant on job performance. You decide how much you make by the level of work attentiveness you give.
There are lots of other jobs available too. I think they're also hiring Chauffeurs. Its about $26/hr on average, and can make up to $41/hr ++ depending on the vehicle your driving. EG: Stretch SUV limos. But thats pretty intense, and requires a certain character,

I think were also hiring detailers, which you start off at $10/hr, lots of room for growth after three months.

Ambassador limo is actually owned by Checker cabs, who also own Co-op taxi, Redtop, Yellow top and Checker Courier. So there are TONS of jobs available.

I'm quite sure they're still hiring mechanics too, for the garage.