PDA

View Full Version : Has anyone flew with Zoom Air?

djfob
02-16-2006, 02:56 PM
Just looking for some opinions since I've never heard anything about them before. Their prices are pretty good and the only place I found that has flights directly from Calgary to Paris without any stopovers.

pints
02-16-2006, 05:13 PM
I'm going to be flying with them this summer. From what I've heard the opinions for the airline are pretty good. There's a whole bunch of reviews on lonelyplanet.com (under the Canada thread)

Mckenzie
02-16-2006, 05:52 PM
I'm also looking at that flight right now....I may book it this week.

eblend
02-16-2006, 06:41 PM
i flew with them over the christmas break, departed on the 16th of december came back jan 12th. Overall, pretty good, great inflight service, good food and u can always get whatever u want just ask. I flew from calgary to london via manchester. They only have so many planes and plane that comes back is turned around within one hour and leaves. When I was leaving the plane arrived late causing a 2 hour delay. On the way back there was no delay. Stopover in manchester was also very long for us but its because this was their first flight that way and they got some papers confused. The seating is all first come first serve, so international flight, come 4 hours early and u will get any seat you want pretty much. The flight back was not delayed at all and the stop over in manchester was much smaller, and plane arrived on time. Overall highly recommended. Can't really beat it for the price you pay for the tickets. They also had pretty good movies in flight. If you got any specific questions just ask.

Mckenzie
02-17-2006, 09:55 AM
I just booked my flight.... Calgary to London and Paris to Calgary July 12 to August 20th for $1064.

That destroys all of the other airlines as the cheapest I found was around $1500 CDN. Looking forward to it!!:thumbsup:

Melinda
02-17-2006, 09:55 AM
I flew zoom in May. Direct flight from Calgary to London Gatwick. Awesome flight, can't complain one bit. Then came home direct flight Glasgow back to Calgary. We had a nice surplus of money from our trip and paid the extra to upgrade to "first class" on our way home. We could have done this leaving calgary but didnt cause we wanted to save our money but OH MAN are we kicking ourselves for not doing it both ways. Although the flight was nice there, the flight back was AWESOME. Super huge leg room, leather seats, beverages, blankets, pillows, water bottles, it was awesome. The extra leg room was worth it alone!

I highly reccomend zoom and I will be flying with them again when i go back to the UK. But if you can afford the extra hundred bucks or whatever it is, UPGRADE! When are you going to Paris hong?

djfob
02-17-2006, 03:13 PM
I might be going in June for my cousin's wedding. My parents are going for sure but I'm still thinking about since I've got my own thing to do 6 months later. ;)

B17a
02-17-2006, 04:46 PM
HAven't flown it but I was just at the airport yesterday and saw some nice looking flight attendants in Zoom uniforms.:thumbsup:

lastprodigy
02-17-2006, 06:52 PM
:thumbsdow

eblend
02-18-2006, 01:10 AM
Originally posted by B17a
HAven't flown it but I was just at the airport yesterday and saw some nice looking flight attendants in Zoom uniforms.:thumbsup:

i can't believe i forgot to mention this!
:poosie: