PDA

View Full Version : Laser Chaser

Z_Fan
02-16-2006, 05:43 PM
This is a clip of one of our cats. I posted this in the cat thread in the general section, but I guess it is better in the video section.

This cat is crazy. Unfortunately, he doesn't chase the laser any more. It was a limited time deal I guess. He started to jump extremely high as he grew up, and I think he was hurting himself when he landed. So, I stopped doing this with him, and he stopped being interested.

BUT, here's a rather unique video.

Right Click, "Save As" (http://www.turbocharge.ca/Public/Cotton_Jumping.wmv)

Sharpie
02-16-2006, 05:56 PM
That is sweet. Although it hits the floor pretty hard

DJ Lazy
02-16-2006, 10:57 PM
That's pretty sweet.. haha.. how much air was he getting in the end before you quit?

Tomaz
02-17-2006, 07:16 AM
Go Cotton Go!

djayz
02-17-2006, 07:36 AM
hah its like that cat from that commercial where the guys throwing it food and its jumping from the first level up to the second level balcony and the guys goes to his girl " look what i taught the cat" hah

Tomaz
02-17-2006, 11:48 AM
^^^ haha, yeah that's a gooder!

A790
02-17-2006, 12:08 PM
HAHAHAHA, that's awesome.

Sometimes I find my cat hanging from the drapes... sometimes I know he's been there for hours.

Z_Fan
02-17-2006, 01:15 PM
Originally posted by Sharpie
That is sweet. Although it hits the floor pretty hard

Yup!

Originally posted by DJ Lazy
That's pretty sweet.. haha.. how much air was he getting in the end before you quit?

The problem with cats is that they can jump very high. This cat, and his brother were able to jump over my backyard fence when they were still kittens. {10 months old} The fence is 6 feet high.

Cat's pretty much always jump in two stages. First one they jump up, and use the rear claws to get the rest of the way. That's how they get up the fence...and is also why they aren't allowed out anymore. {All our cats are house cats, outside is a monitored priveledge}

When they go down from that height, they always slide their front feet down the surface, slowly dropping and then they jump. So they are only falling about 4 feet.

So, the problem with Cotton hurting himself is that he was jumping "all air' with no stopping point.

Uhm, yeah, and I was encouraging it a little. Basically, the video just shows him playing, and he's not jumping crazy high. But I used to hold the laser WAY UP the wall, about 5-6 feet. And with enough playing around, he would eventually jump for it [and hit it]. That's what was hurting him...when he came back to the ground because it was straight up and straight down to the lino. I figured it out when he stopped wanting to jump from the kitchen, but would jump from the carpet. :D

Originally posted by Tomaz
Go Cotton Go!

Oh, he goes! Trust me! He goes crazy!

DC2
02-17-2006, 01:22 PM
haha i want a cat now.. i use to do that with my ex's cat...

but seriously. i want a kitty. i was lookin at all those pics yesterday.... my dogs getting boring

Z_Fan
02-17-2006, 01:38 PM
Here is a video of the brothers when they were "kittens".

So, they are small here. The video is 23 megs, but the connection is fast if you have high speed...

Right Click, "Save As" (http://www.turbocharge.ca/Public/CottonRaime.wmv)

DJ Lazy
02-17-2006, 07:00 PM
^^^ Awesome vid!! :rofl: :thumbsup:

Goblin
02-17-2006, 09:55 PM
Originally posted by djayz
hah its like that cat from that commercial where the guys throwing it food and its jumping from the first level up to the second level balcony and the guys goes to his girl " look what i taught the cat" hah

":rolleyes: and you wanted a dog"

haha sweet video