PDA

View Full Version : Turntables: Tech's VS The Rest

mike_papps
02-17-2006, 12:33 AM
Hey... looking to purchase a starter setup for myself. I actually want to spin a couple different styles of music but mostly scratching and oldschool hiphop. Now i know a 2 channel mixer is all im gonna need but turntable?? I can purchase 2 numark TT200 direct drive turntables for $400 New Or spend the $1000 on techs... I dont have the 1000 to spend and would have to save up for a while. I kinda wanna see if im gonna like it first.. Comparing the 2 for the price and bang for the buck?? Can i get the numarks and learn relitivly well? Im only looking to play around and have fun. learn it and maybe spin at a friends party sumtime.. will the numarks work for what i want??

grrouch
02-17-2006, 12:41 AM
if its the newmarks on here there more beginner , get goldwave for pc n try mixin some shit up n see if it sounds alright :thumbsup:

mike_papps
02-17-2006, 12:47 AM
does it allow you to scratch?

motion
02-17-2006, 12:56 AM
dude you can scratch with any table. I learnt by scratching with an old phono player my parents had from like '68. it all depends on your skills. it sounds like you are just starting out and there's one thing you should realize right off the bat: buying good equipment isn't all that's involved. I mean, some of the best turntablists in the world started and deveolped their skills on some of the most ghetto shit because they couldn't afford any better. it's gonna take a tonne of time and practice no matter what you buy before you can even beatmatch and mix properly, let alone scratch.

to answer your question in short though, yes the numarks are more than entry level and will allow you to scratch.

mike_papps
02-17-2006, 12:59 AM
i know im not going to get the quality with a $400 set as apposed to a $1500 set.. im not worried about that.. i just dont want to end up with some hokey set that wont help me.. i know its gonna take time.. like anything else.. im not worried abou that.. but putting my time in on a machine that is gonna set me up for failure isnt what i want... if you knwo what i mean..

motion
02-17-2006, 01:05 AM
use google and reasearch all you can.
I remember that's what I did before I bought my equipment and I came out very happy in the end.

here's a a link I found on the first page: http://www.djbooth.net/dj-equipment/dj-turntables-reviews/numark-tt200-review.html

mike_papps
02-17-2006, 01:26 AM
ive searched so much my eyes hurt....

Street_Soldier
02-17-2006, 02:14 AM
The most important thing to get are DIRECT DRIVE turntables.

As for your question Technics are the BEST by a large margin.

ZForce
02-17-2006, 02:26 AM
If you want the best bang for you buck....get Fisher Price my friend

grrouch
02-17-2006, 12:58 PM
Originally posted by mike_papps
does it allow you to scratch?

goldwave doesnt let you "scratch" but if your in the whole drumbass, hardhouse scene it will give a good idea on how you can overlap different noise to can see if you can make good beats, or lousy 1s