PDA

View Full Version : careless driving conviction

nonlinear
02-17-2006, 11:10 AM
Does anyone know what the penalty for a careless driving conviction is?

Will a careless driving conviction increase insurance rates a ton? like, for example, impared driving would?

kevie88
02-17-2006, 12:08 PM
careless isn't as bad as 'dangerous driving' (a criminal charge). Your insurance will rape you tho, so fight it. I got a careless driving charge way back in 1994 and I fought it and got it reduced to 20kph over the limit.

Don't let this one go without fighting it, careless is a bad one for your insurance!! Pay a good lawyer, it will pay off over the next 3 years of insurance!

nonlinear
02-17-2006, 12:11 PM
thanks for the advice

i'm already fighting it from something else so getting it lowered even more isn't really an option :D

BTW, any idea how much my insurance will increase (like is it a %?)

Turbo_honda
02-17-2006, 01:37 PM
:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

nonlinear
02-17-2006, 01:39 PM
^^^WTF is that supposed to mean

vincent-h
02-17-2006, 02:32 PM
grid rate system:

Careless Driving (Traffic Safety Act section: 115(2)(b)) (Demerits: 6) *considered as a serious conviction*

Surcharges for serious convictions:

one: 25%
two: 50%
three: 100%
four: 200%
five: 400%
six: 800%
for each additional conviction, double the preceding percentage

directly fromt eh gov.ab.ca website

Anyways I've got one before I fought it down to insufficient room to manuever which carries no demerits.

cman
02-17-2006, 06:35 PM
Originally posted by vincent-h
grid rate system:

Careless Driving (Traffic Safety Act section: 115(2)(b)) (Demerits: 6) *considered as a serious conviction*

Surcharges for serious convictions:

one: 25%
two: 50%
three: 100%
four: 200%
five: 400%
six: 800%
for each additional conviction, double the preceding percentage

directly fromt eh gov.ab.ca website

Anyways I've got one before I fought it down to insufficient room to manuever which carries no demerits.
:werd: I got one earlier this year and got it down graded to the same offence.
Insurance will RAPE you though, you better fight it!

Tyler883
02-18-2006, 09:26 AM
Originally posted by nonlinear

Will a careless driving conviction increase insurance rates a ton? like, for example, impared driving would?

You should take you keys and drivers liscence and throw them away. Obviously you are too stupid to drive safely.

eljefe
02-18-2006, 09:44 AM
Originally posted by Tyler883

You should take you keys and drivers liscence and throw them away. Obviously you are too stupid to drive safely.

:dunno: So should you throw away your keyboard and Beyond.ca account because you are to stupid to spell and make sense sometimes?

Nah , let him keep his licence and keys, his insurance will go up and hopefully he will have learned something , and you ? Keep that keyboard and Beyond.ca account , it gives me something chuckle about and look forwards to when I am bored :D

95EagleAWD
02-18-2006, 01:29 PM
Originally posted by eljefe

:dunno: So should you throw away your keyboard and Beyond.ca account because you are to stupid to spell and make sense sometimes?

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

:thumbsup:

:drama:

BlueGoblin
02-18-2006, 07:30 PM

If you were to receive a ticket for Careless Driving, the normal penalty would be $402.

If you are talking about the situation that I think you are talking about, then figure something in the $1000 range, give or take, but you should probably either have or get some professional advice on that.

The insurance penalties will be pretty much as described regardless of the fine imposed.

sweetchariot
02-20-2006, 07:35 AM
Did you or someone you know get offered an careless driving charge instead of getting an impaired??....if so take the deal. Sure the insurance rates will sky rocket, but not 1/2 as much with an impaired. You also get to keep your licence and not have a criminal record.

nadroj23
02-21-2006, 12:59 PM
Originally posted by Tyler883

hey buddy just because you get a careless driving ticket does not mean you were driving carelessly or dangerously, i hit somebody a few years back on 14th street nw in the morning, so rush hour traffic bumper to bumper. and i got a reckless driving charge......dont know how but i did to me shoulda been following to closely, but i got that, got it thrown away tho so yeah fight it.

pt_bry
10-25-2007, 08:45 PM
I found some information on carelessdriving, check out http://www.trafficticketsolutions.ca/carelessdriving.php it should give you everything you're looking for

ken-gsr
10-25-2007, 09:02 PM
How did you get this

Originally posted by sweetchariot
Did you or someone you know get offered an careless driving charge instead of getting an impaired??....if so take the deal. Sure the insurance rates will sky rocket, but not 1/2 as much with an impaired. You also get to keep your licence and not have a criminal record.

From this?