PDA

View Full Version : where do they teach Vietnamese language

gonefishing
02-17-2006, 11:57 AM
i am vietnamese but cannot speak it fluently and i am not able to read or write. i was wondering if anyone knows where an adult can go to learn Vietnamese ( reading / writing especially) . i know they have schools for kids but i don't think i would feel comfortable in class with 5-8 year olds :rofl:

A790
02-17-2006, 12:01 PM
Hit up Mt. Royal and put up posters... guarnateed you'll get some responses.

GTS Jeff
02-17-2006, 12:22 PM
It's easy man...just add __unghh or __ooughh to everything you say. My nammer friends tell me it's wrong, but phuc dat...

I wonder if I'm gonna get flamed for this :angel:

szw
02-17-2006, 12:50 PM
All you need to know is pho dac biet

gonefishing
02-17-2006, 01:26 PM
Originally posted by A790
Hit up Mt. Royal and put up posters... guarnateed you'll get some responses.

I was going to get my friend to teach me but i just thought it would be easier to learn in a more structured setting.

i was enroled in a school when i was a kid but dropped out becuase i didn't think i would ever need it. who knew that when i grew up i would want to live half of each year in Vietnam.

Foz
02-17-2006, 02:03 PM
To the girls.. em diep!

gonefishing
02-17-2006, 02:49 PM
Originally posted by Foz
To the girls.. em diep!

yep and "Un Yeu Em" works good too

vietdood
02-17-2006, 06:11 PM
Originally posted by gonefishing

yep and "Un Yeu Em" works good too

lol you mean "Anh Yeu Em"
i say just watch alot of vietnamese chapter movies and watch alot of vietnamese karoke to learn to read, write, and speak

dj_rice
02-17-2006, 08:01 PM
Originally posted by vietdood

lol you mean "Anh Yeu Em"
i say just watch alot of vietnamese chapter movies and watch alot of vietnamese karoke to learn to read, write, and speak

:werd:

Or you can work at a job that has tons of Viets like me :) I'm Viet but didnt know much and after working there, I'm fluent...I learned DU MAY and Con Cac !!!! :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

If the white dude on Paris By Night can sing in Vietnamese then I'm sure you can learn it fast

Also curious why u want to learn to speak it fluenty...are you planning on going back to Vietnam to pick up a wife? :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

stevieo
02-17-2006, 09:15 PM
hahahah yeah, i just hang around my dad/uncles when they have karaoke night i just watch them sing and i read the words on the screen.

i read the vietnamese paper, try to sound it and ask my parents for help hahaha

em gai, diep lum!

Team_Mclaren
02-27-2006, 11:39 AM
Originally posted by stevieo
hahahah yeah, i just hang around my dad/uncles when they have karaoke night i just watch them sing and i read the words on the screen.

i read the vietnamese paper, try to sound it and ask my parents for help hahaha

em gai, diep lum!

damn steve, i forgot u know viet, TEACH ME!:thumbsup: :rofl: :rofl:

van
02-27-2006, 02:36 PM
Em ddep qua ddi, cho anh liem chim cua em, mot ddiem nua duoc khong?

Tinh-boy
02-27-2006, 06:15 PM
^
:werd: thank gawd there ain't any nammer moderators LMAO:bigpimp:

Team_Mclaren
02-27-2006, 06:20 PM
Originally posted by Tinh-boy
^
:werd: thank gawd there ain't any nammer moderators LMAO:bigpimp:

freak my friend wouldnt tell me what that means.. :banghead: :banghead: i must find out!!

someone pm me what it means! thanks:rofl: :rofl:

dj_rice
02-27-2006, 07:50 PM
Originally posted by defekt1

BAHAHAHAHAHHAAHAHAHAHHAHAAHHAHAHA :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

hampstor
02-27-2006, 09:51 PM

:rofl: :rofl:

A good place that has structured vietnamese language classes for adults is a vietnamese church. I know the Calgary Vietnamese Mennonite Church up in whitehorn used to teach Vietnamese classes.

dj_rice
02-27-2006, 10:34 PM
Originally posted by hampstor

A good place that has structured vietnamese language classes for adults is a vietnamese church. I know the Calgary Vietnamese Mennonite Church up in whitehorn used to teach Vietnamese classes.

Are the Vietnamese Mennonite women hot?Cause if so, sign me up

gonefishing
02-28-2006, 11:57 AM
Originally posted by hampstor

thanx i'll check it out

gonefishing
02-28-2006, 11:57 AM

i sounded it out and all i can say is bwahahahahaha :rofl: :rofl:

van
02-28-2006, 02:01 PM
lol.. iam a vietnamese mod what u talkin bout haha.. and it's not that bad.. maybe my one post should be in ask leo instead of general haha..

there actually is a school to learn vietnamese. i'll ask my parents where they teach it now. the only thing is they teach you in northern accents and not southern accents. so if you're southern you gotta try to learn northern stuff haha. easy though, i finished 1 & 3, 6-9, 10 & 11 in 2 years. Got honors and a buncha money with it as well hahaha.

jcrules99
02-28-2006, 06:20 PM
i am dep jai ungdo ahhahha

dj_rice
02-28-2006, 06:51 PM
Originally posted by jcrules99
i am dep jai ungdo ahhahha

If your gonna try speaking in Viet...make it all in Viet not half in English and half Nammer... :thumbsdow

I use this line in the clubs alot :

"Em co muon di ve nha anh khong"? Or Bu Cac Tao and Vu Em Bu Qua

USHER
02-28-2006, 08:14 PM
lol.. iam a vietnamese mod what u talkin bout haha.. and it's not that bad.. maybe my one post should be in ask leo instead of general haha..

there actually is a school to learn vietnamese. i'll ask my parents where they teach it now. the only thing is they teach you in northern accents and not southern accents. so if you're southern you gotta try to learn northern stuff haha. easy though, i finished 1 & 3, 6-9, 10 & 11 in 2 years. Got honors and a buncha money with it as well hahaha.

im bucky so that would be great if you could get the name to that place. and do you know which days and the hours of the classes?
are there adults there or just kids? haha i dont wanna look like a retard.