PDA

View Full Version : Summer car and winter car insurance

Justing
02-17-2006, 12:33 PM
I've been thinking about getting a summer car and a winter car, but my biggest concern is insurance.
I dont want to pay insurance on both cars all year long since i'm only driving one for half of the year, but can i cut off the insurance for one car? I'm guessing i need at least some sort of coverage but what does that cover?
Also, i dont have space in the garage for the winter beater, so what kind of insurance do i need for it while it sits on the street?

Tomaz
02-17-2006, 12:39 PM
only question i can answer is the "insurance for parking your beater in the street" All you need is basic parking insurance. This includes fire, theft, vandalisim is optional sometimes. And it is cheap at $10 a month. But the other ones you would have to talk to your broker about! :D

A790
02-17-2006, 03:31 PM
Originally posted by Justing
I've been thinking about getting a summer car and a winter car, but my biggest concern is insurance.
I dont want to pay insurance on both cars all year long since i'm only driving one for half of the year, but can i cut off the insurance for one car? I'm guessing i need at least some sort of coverage but what does that cover?
Also, i dont have space in the garage for the winter beater, so what kind of insurance do i need for it while it sits on the street?

I had both a summer/winter car. I just alternated which one had full coverage, and the one which didn't had parking insurance.

ga16i
02-17-2006, 07:35 PM
ja ja, Meloche Monnex quoted me $10/month for parking insurance also. but when I asked, they also said that if you just want to take it out for a day or something to get the non liability insured car out for a wash or something, just call them up and they'll do some shite for a day or something.

barbarian
02-18-2006, 12:53 AM
If your car stays parked in the same spot in the street, and your neighbor has a beef with you, he can call a bylaw officer and get you a derelict ticket.

gp36912
02-18-2006, 12:59 AM
i was quoted 160 a year for the parking insurance and all i have to do to switch it over to a different car is to call them :P my agent is wicked but lazy sometimes

Justing
02-18-2006, 03:06 PM
:thumbsup: thanks guys... thats way less than i was expecting to pay.
I dont think my neighboors would be asses like that, we already have a car parked in front of the house, been there for months and hasn't moved an inch, noone complains:)