PDA

View Full Version : Sprinter van rentals in Calgary?

Mosquito_R
02-17-2006, 01:19 PM
Hi all,
I want to know if there are any rental companies that will rent me a Dodge (Mercedes) Sprinter van. I'm looking for the high-roof one. I'll be doing a small move at the end of the month and will just need that extra headroom for a couple of items. I don't want to rent a cube van if I don't have to (I personally hate them and I just don't need all that room).

Thanks! :thumbsup:

Zero102
02-18-2006, 12:03 AM
Strange timing. My dad is moving next thursday and had the same van in mind. I am also curious where to rent one :)
I'll be calling around over the next day or two and I'll let you know what I find.

Mosquito_R
02-18-2006, 01:57 AM
Cool, that'll be appreciated! I think that van is ideal because it's not as wide as domestic vans and its roof is significantly higher.

I just drove by The Driving Force's lot (at midnight, just passing by on Barlow) and didn't seem to see a Sprinter on the lot. It was mainly Chevy vans. I DO hope they have one tucked in the back somewhere though.

Yeah, please keep me posted! :thumbsup:

Zero102
02-18-2006, 01:26 PM
There is a guy down the alley from my G/F who has one that he uses to haul stuff around, but his rates are just obscene...
There has to be a better way. They are cool vans, the only thing I don't like is how small the wheels are :)

I honestly thought The Driving Force did rent them, they were on my list.

Mosquito_R
02-18-2006, 06:21 PM
Originally posted by Zero102
There is a guy down the alley from my G/F who has one that he uses to haul stuff around, but his rates are just obscene...

If it's his personal vehicle, he shouldn't be renting it out anyway... it's illegal!

There has to be a better way. They are cool vans, the only thing I don't like is how small the wheels are :)

I honestly thought The Driving Force did rent them, they were on my list.

The wheels aren't that small. It's the comparatively narrow width and high roof that makes it look all weird when parked next to a domestic van. Euro vans are all like that - look at the VW Eurovan/Caravelle/Transporter and the Ford Transit, for example.

I can try calling Driving Force next week and ask them about it. I don't think they're open Sunday. They do have interesting machinery - a Smart Fortwo is one of them! :)

Zero102
02-18-2006, 10:27 PM
He has a small business hauling things for people, but it's like $140/trip + mileage + fuel or something steep like that.
I have no idea how he makes any money, but I always see his van just up the alley, and I talked him while he was filling it up at the Tsuu Tina gas station once (I had no idea they were diesel!)
I thought they only had ~16" rims, which is on the small side for a van.

They rent Smart's? Freakin sweet!

Tried to find time to call today, but I was just swamped with homework, and after 20 minutes on hold with Budget I decided this was not a good time.