PDA

View Full Version : Moraccan Castle or Sultan's Tent

renzo
02-17-2006, 02:45 PM
Which do you guys recommend? Which has better atmosphere, food, prices? Taking my wife out for her birthday and we've never had this type of food before.

Thanks!!

Foz
02-17-2006, 02:58 PM
I've never been to Moraccan Castle.

Sultan's tent was interesting. You were able to eat using your fingers (so it does become a little messy).

As for price it was fairly pricey. I believe $20+ for main dish.

Portions were average sized. Atmosphere was decent and authentic as it replicated a Berber tent.

Here's a 1997 (yes.. 1997 :confused: ) review for Sultan's tent. Couldn't find a more recent one.

http://www.ffwdweekly.com/Issues/1997/0814/food.html

xrayvsn
02-17-2006, 05:40 PM
The Sultan's tent is the way to go, the atmosphere is really cool. You get to sit on these nice cushions and eat with your fingers. It is a little more expensive, but not by that much. Besides, who better to splurge on other than your wife on her birthday?

rockym20
02-22-2006, 02:37 PM
My wife and I did Sultan's Tent for our anniversary last year. I have to say, it was awesome. We both got the Sultan's feast (or whatever it is called), which is like a 5 course meal and far more food than we could eat. Her main course was something like a honey and almond glazed cornish game hen. It was phenomenal. I had a spicier main course with sausage that was good, but no where as good as hers.