PDA

View Full Version : >>> Need Your Help On A 2000 Integra Type R <<< Fraud !!!???

kane584
02-18-2006, 10:27 PM
Hey guys, sorry for the caps lock title, but I need some people who know their cars to help me with something, Ok this is what it is.

Ok, so I go on ebay.com, and I search up some acura integras. then I see this Type R integra , low milage, no dents , no scratchs, carbon fibre hood and some other mods, no rebuilt status or nuthing, everything works, and it said NO RESERVE PRICE on the thing, and only a few people bid. So I bid on it for 5000. About 20 minutes later, I got an email from another user who bid on this item aswell. He said that this could be a fraudulent transaction, because, the car was stated to be listed in Beverly Hills California, but there is a Remax sign in the back of one the pictures, that says a phone number from Florida. So I email the seller and I am like, so why are you listing the car so cheap, and why is the area code o the remax sign from florida ? After 1 week later, he replys, with the following email :

Hello,
Hello
I know that you have many choices on eBay and I appreciate that you contacted me. The car (2000 ACURA INTEGRA TYPE R, 76270 miles, VIN: JH4DC2314YS005435) is in a good cosmetic and engine conditions, and well maintained. No scratches or dents, no hidden defects, the engine doesn't smoke, runs and sounds awesome, the engine has never been repaired or something like that, never been into accidents and it is as advertised. I will be shortly : US specs, US plates, US supplied, clean title and VERY EXCELLENT condition!. It's no catch here. The price is real. I work for Shell International E&P and I begined a 2 year job assignment in Madrid, Spain. I would rather sell the car than put in storage (which is still a valid option). The car has never been to the drag strip or road-raced, I am a 38yr old - therefore the car has not had the piss beat out of it ...like I might have done when I was 18. The car location is Stuart, FL, but I`ve made the pictures in California. The full price is $5,500 with shipping cost included. A deposit of $1,500 is requiered to buy the car. The transaction will be done through eBay for our own protection. Your funds will be 100% insured by eBay and I will be sure that I will receive the payment, this way bouth of us will start the deal with good faith so we can take it to a smooth end. After the deposit is cleared and confirmed by eBay i will ship you the car in no time. You will have 10 days from the time you receive the car to inspect it and decide if you want to keep the car or not. Once the car arrives if you find it different then i describe it you will be refunded by eBay and you wont loose anything. If you are interested in buying it please provide me your FULL NAME and ADDRESS also your eBay USER ID so I can initiate the deal through eBay.
Waiting to hear from you
Regards,
Mark

So I was like OK, this guys email name Shirley somthing, and the name on his email says mark... :confused:

So i go back to ebay today, and I check to see if the car is still listed, but its not, all bids were erased, and now this guy wants sell me a YEAR 2000 , ACURA INTEGRA, LOW KM WITH A CARBON FIBRE HOOD , AND PLUS HE WILL SHIP IT TO ME FOR ONLY 5500 !!! If it is a fraud, would the guy really risk his credit card by entering it in and putting in ebay, paying for a listing in ebay which costs 40 bucks I think ? And even if he is using another persons credit card, the money would go to the other persions card right ? I dont know !

What do you guys think, is it a fraud ? or NOT ?

EDIT : Also can somebody who has carfax lookup this VIN for me please, its this cars vin bumber, thankx in advance.

Vin : JH4DC2314YS005435

Also, here are some references.

Image of the phone number :
http://i19.ebayimg.com/02/i/06/38/1b/80_3.JPG

ringmaster
02-18-2006, 10:36 PM
fraud for sure... just read the way he has written the pre-set email that he sends to you and everyone else interested. He is in europe somewhere and the next "phase of the transaction" will be you sending him the cash via western union.

dodad
02-18-2006, 10:39 PM
Best way to tell if its fraud is ask if you can see the car in person...if he says no DONT BUY

turbotrip
02-18-2006, 10:40 PM
dont deal with this guy, it looks like a fraud for sure

kane584
02-18-2006, 10:47 PM
hmm, thats waht im thinking too, but ebay has his credit card right ?

motion
02-18-2006, 11:50 PM
even though you make transactions through paypal and ebay, you're still not safe.

I had a buddy buy a WRX off of ebay and he got scammed out of $19 000. this is what he told me on how they got away with it..

somewhere in the fine print of the paypal and ebay guidelines, it states that if the purchase/transaction was made 60 days ago (or something like that) then ebay and paypal are no longer involved and deem the transaction safe and valid. these guys will delay you telling you your car was shipped but there is problems with the shipping, not answer e-mails for days, etc. paypal and ebay can't do shit for you unless you have hard evidence showing you have been fucked. if the scammer can hold you off long enough, they send you the car and it arrives after the 60day threshold, but it's busted up and looks nothing like the picture and ebay and paypal will not pursure him and you'll have to do it on your own with local law enforcement and whatnot which leads no where as we all know.

be careful man, that's awfully shady.
'too good to be true' usually leads to you getting fucked in the ass for a nice sum of money.

do what dodad said, ask if you can fly down and see the car.
his response should lead you to a proper decision.

88CRX
02-19-2006, 12:19 AM
If it sound too good to be true (ie: a type-r integra for $5500) than chances are its a scam.

Maybe its just me...... or is that not common sence?

88CRX
02-19-2006, 12:21 AM
and the c/f hood looks like its chopped lol :rofl:

One8Evo
02-19-2006, 12:35 AM
if it hasnt been in an accident then where is the Type R decal on the rear quarter
and also the type R rims

i didnt read the whole post cuz it was too long lol
but just my POV

tapout
02-19-2006, 06:07 AM
Originally posted by turbotrip
dont deal with this guy, it looks like a fraud for sure :werd:

unfocus
02-19-2006, 06:19 AM
u thin ka 38 would be driving that ... if i was 38 i would be driving lie ka porsch or an audi or somethign way nicer than a honda i mean integras are more like for yournger kids.. i mean no offence to anyoen out there that is over 40... i knwo most of u would rather drive like a euro or somethign nice liek lexus... lol

Goblin
02-19-2006, 01:13 PM
also, the english in the email is a bit off in places.

Heads up right thurr.

kane584
02-19-2006, 10:18 PM
UPDATE, :

I emailed this bitch, if I can come down and see the car, but he wants a 1500 deposit first haha

You go see the car or even pick up the car after the downpayment is made through eBay, after eBay confirm me that you are OK and that you deposited the $1,500 i will give you all the details you need so you can pick up the car or test drive it. You have 10 days to accept or refuse the car, after 10 days expires you will have to pay me the balance of $4,000. I will FedEx you the bill of sale as soon as you say that you accept the car and that are ready to pay the balance. In case you are interested to move forward give me your details (full name, address and eBay user id) and i will contact eBay so we can proceed with the deal,otherwise let me know, to look for another buyer.
Waiting your answer,
Regards,
Mark

His eemail is [email protected]

Fez_turbo
02-19-2006, 11:20 PM
i wouldnt.....like 88crx said "if its too good to be true...than it is"

and the email address is also an indication.....unless his last name is shirley...ask him.

Fez_turbo
02-19-2006, 11:21 PM
hey play around with his head and tell him that your friend works for ebay and that your friend gave you his address.

than tell him that you will be coming down next week to see the car and expect him to be there...if he makes up an excuse than just walk away from the car....if he says ok walk away anyways.

kane584
02-20-2006, 12:08 AM
Originally posted by Fez_turbo
hey play around with his head and tell him that your friend works for ebay and that your friend gave you his address.

than tell him that you will be coming down next week to see the car and expect him to be there...if he makes up an excuse than just walk away from the car....if he says ok walk away anyways.

lol good idea !! :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Goblin
02-20-2006, 12:10 AM
^ do it

dodad
02-20-2006, 12:26 AM
is this car back on the market yet???? i can't find that one yet

kane584
02-20-2006, 04:06 PM
no i think ebay deleted it

mike_papps
03-01-2006, 03:59 PM
I don't know if anyone one else heard about this but 2 years ago there was a huge scandal with choppers on ebay. Right when WestCoast and OCC became huge! The guy would take a deposit just like this.. The bike would be sent out but would etiher be crap or just not show up. The guy reportably soaked hundreds of people for this $2000 deposit on a $15k bike. was never caught and haven't heard much about it again. I know this because i worked in a cycle shop and a guy that was a supplier got stung. I'd stay clear. unless of corse he's willing to meet with you to see the car.. a couple hundred dollar plane ticket might save you a thousands.. as well if you get there and its fer real.. with the money you saved you can drive it back... if in good condition and insured and all...

Terence
03-02-2006, 04:06 AM
no offense to anybody, just by reading it , i could tell that it is definitely a scam! u gotta be smarter than that. if a 00 int type r really selling for 5500$ as the seller described. Y would he gotta sell it on e bay for this cheap, there would of been tons of people who are waiting on the line up just to purchase it. unless A: he likes to buy things and sell it right back way below market value just to make people happy and satisfy them for a hell of it. or B: he's rich, just don't know where to spend his money.

Anyways u shouldn't purchase it. if u had already, i hope that u learned a valuable lesson.

TurboZombie
03-02-2006, 09:00 AM
Check out:

http://www.scam.com/

Everything you need to know about scams!:thumbsup:

moe007
03-02-2006, 10:42 PM
its a sacm:)

ricosuave
03-02-2006, 11:08 PM
^ no shit

yeah, a type r for 5500

give your head a shake man.

BerserkerCatSplat
03-02-2006, 11:11 PM
If it's too good to be true...

kane584
03-03-2006, 12:13 AM
UPDATE : this idiot emailed me back with this reply :

Note : I used another email and asked him if i can come down and see the car. And ised my old old old email address to email him and tell him that i reported him to authorites for fraud.

when i told him i reported for fraud he quicly cancelled all the bids on car, and deleted his ebay auction lol.

For the last time sir, I will not give you my address, as I stated earlier to you, you need to supply me with a deposit of $1500 through ebay. Then I can make arrangments for you to come down and see this car. The reason I am selling this car cheap is because I am going to Madrid for business. If you are serious about this car, send me money of $1500. If you are going to be the police here, stop emailing me or i will report you.
Mark,

bbcustoms
03-03-2006, 12:33 AM
Guarnteed fraud

I have been looking to purchase an escalade on ebay for a while now and there is always one or two that are low priced or no reserve

Its the same story every time
The truck is in spain or the netherlands and he will sell it to me and ship it here for $5000 total

Sometimes they even offer to use square trade and have their own spoof site set up

Sometimes it is an account that has been hacked and has good feedback, sometimes its an account with 0 feedback but its always the same story

If you cant go see the car dont bid its a scam

CIVIC_MAN
03-03-2006, 12:38 AM
like the saying goes "if it looks too good to be true it probably is"

rith
03-03-2006, 12:46 AM
Anytime they say they're out of country it's bullshit, and anything doing with western union is bullshit also.

bbcustoms
03-03-2006, 12:33 PM
Here is one I got a couple weeks ago

Hello,

Thank you for your interest in my Escalade. The car is in absolutely perfect condition, no scratches, dings, dents or other imperfections. Always adult driven and garaged. Clear title. Price is $6,000 if you buy now. Firstly, I need to tell you that I recently moved to Rotterdam, Netherlands due to work and family. Since I have no more relatives in the States, I brought the car with me thinking that I could register it here. However, because of the big differences between the US emissions and the Dutch ones, I can't register it without spending a fortune. Furthermore, I am a fresh daddy and I don't have the time to enjoy the car as much as I would. I am also thinking of buying a family vehicle, so I decided to sell this one. I will take care of all transport arrangements and costs since I am the one fettered to sell to the US. I have already done some research and came up with a quite reliable European company. Just thought I'd save some time when I'll find a buyer. Please reply my email if you think we can make a deal.

Thank you

Sam

Bill Cosby
03-03-2006, 07:41 PM
haha this is brutal the same scam is happening on the buysell website, all the time ads get placed with a fake phone number but with an email address, and they will provide a stupid ass story how they are going to europe to create a better life for their family, its so horrible that some people are dumb enough to believe that shit, whenever i see these ads i blacklist the email and delete them

just a heads up

nothing is free

and expensive items arent cheap

thats why they are expensive

if they are selling a vehicle for less than the trade in value or buyback price its not legit

easy