PDA

View Full Version : 06 Mazda 3 dealer markup/invoice cost? any ideas?

redevil
02-18-2006, 10:28 PM
Anyone here know the markup in a 2006 Mazda 3 sedan or a sport?

I was looking at a GT GFX, auto, without luxury package (add $1095 with Luxury Package)
MSRP(incl. Freight & PDI) on website: $25,235 + taxes

or the

GT Sport auto, sunroof, A/C, without luxury package (add $1095)
MSRP (incl. Freight & PDI) on website: $25,990 +taxes

Let me know what you have purchased or heard the markups have been. I'm looking closer to the spring/summer.

Thanks

HRD2PLZ
02-19-2006, 01:19 AM
www.carcostcanada.com for $45 (I think) you can buy the dealer invoice for 5 different vehicles.

Accord_tunerx
02-19-2006, 01:34 AM
dude! dont let that final price on there website fool you. what i would do is go to the dealer and sit down with a sales person and figure out the price with everything.don't 4get the stuff they add on later. like Alberta tire levy($20.00) Air condition tax($100.00) Documentation fee (think it was $150.00) registration fee($45.00) and other stuff. but its a really great car for the price though. I've bought mine in 2005 of june. white Mazda3 GT sedan wit leather GFX package for $24,788.00 gst and all included.but i got it through my work company as dealers invoice (i dont work 4 mazda).dont know the dealers invoice since it went through my work. but go down to kramer mazda and talk to stephen chueng and he will take care of you. tell him hong sent you. and good choice going for th GT...:thumbsup:

BlueFrenzy
02-19-2006, 05:17 PM
This is probably 2 year old info but my friend in Toronto was able to get a little over 23.5K including GST/PST for his 04 Mazda3 GT (pretty much the same package as you except his was MT). He says back then invoice price was roughly 21-22K.

Mind you my friend is a hardass and basically walked out on many dealers if he didn't like what he was hearing ... took him about 2 weeks to hammer the deal. But yea, if possible, deal in final price including taxes, etc. Oh and it helps if you deal with the managers themselves because they are on a different pay schedule than the regular salesman. I dealt with Ken Ngan at NorthHill (he's the assistant manager). Tony something is the manager at Sunridge. I don't know who the manager is at Kramer.

redevil
02-20-2006, 02:15 AM
Originally posted by Accord_tunerx
dude! dont let that final price on there website fool you. what i would do is go to the dealer and sit down with a sales person and figure out the price with everything.don't 4get the stuff they add on later. like Alberta tire levy($20.00) Air condition tax($100.00) Documentation fee (think it was $150.00) registration fee($45.00) and other stuff. but its a really great car for the price though. I've bought mine in 2005 of june. white Mazda3 GT sedan wit leather GFX package for $24,788.00 gst and all included.but i got it through my work company as dealers invoice (i dont work 4 mazda).dont know the dealers invoice since it went through my work. but go down to kramer mazda and talk to stephen chueng and he will take care of you. tell him hong sent you. and good choice going for th GT...:thumbsup:

Hey was yours a 5spd or auto? do you remember the list price as well?

thanks

C4S
02-20-2006, 11:24 AM
I still believe .. even you know the cost of a car, doesn't mean u can get more discount ... it is demand and supply .. 1 yr ago .. no one would discount Mazda 3 .. but now .. with the new civic out .. they will now .. :thumbsup:

I know Homes builders probaby have 100% mark up on their upgrades stuff .. but they won't take a penny off .. :banghead:

redevil
02-20-2006, 12:54 PM
Originally posted by C4S
I still believe .. even you know the cost of a car, doesn't mean u can get more discount ... it is demand and supply .. 1 yr ago .. no one would discount Mazda 3 .. but now .. with the new civic out .. they will now .. :thumbsup:

I know Homes builders probaby have 100% mark up on their upgrades stuff .. but they won't take a penny off .. :banghead:

Yeah I remember when they first came out, they wouldn't budge on the price that much. So hopefully now they would be more willing to move on the price.

:dunno:

Accord_tunerx
02-20-2006, 07:01 PM
redevil. mine is a 5spd. like i said everything went through my work company and i don't really remember but i'm pretty sure dealers price was$24.700.00 of somthing like that but for sure it was not over $25.000.00 but then again that was for just the GT GFX sedan with no leather ,sunroof visor,rear spoiler etc. added on yet. i got a pretty good deal on mine through my work:thumbsup:

Accord_tunerx
02-20-2006, 07:07 PM
dealers cost might be different now since the 2004/2005 mazda 3's did not have the luxury package at that time.

AndrewMZ3
02-21-2006, 12:39 AM
I got ripped off when I got a 2005 Carbon Grey GT Sedan with GFX, Spoiler, and Tinting. No leather.

Word of advice... don't get the tinting or spoiler done at the dealership, you can get it a whole lot cheaper elsewhere.

Anyways, after freight, taxes and everything in, I paid about 26.2 or so.

I did get the car cost canada report and I think the dealer price they gave me was about 1200 under the MSRP. Hopefully that will help some. Not sure how it is now, but last year, the Mazda3 was a really big seller so bargaining the price down would be tough without a work discount like the poster above.