PDA

View Full Version : Edmonton Tropika

koopkoop2
02-19-2006, 12:00 AM
Which Tropika, in Edmonton, is better?

I'm heading out there tomorrow and I want to go to the best one.

motion
02-19-2006, 12:00 AM
wtf is tropika?

saiyajin
02-19-2006, 12:03 AM
^ a restuarant that serves malaysian cuisine i believe

koopkoop2
02-19-2006, 12:15 AM
Originally posted by motion
wtf is tropika?

Yeah, it's a place that serves amazing Malaysian cuisine.

I would definately recommend you trying it. The one in Calgary is very good, but the one in Edmonton is supposedly better.

I want to try one of the two, in Edmonton, but I don't know which one is better.

:drool: :drool: Coconut rice and skewers

Turbo_honda
02-19-2006, 12:22 AM
mm very good place.. is there any located in the Calgary area?

rith
02-19-2006, 12:25 AM
I say go with the original one on Calgary Trail. I haven't been to the new one yet. (sorry.. not very helpful hehe)

xrayvsn
02-19-2006, 12:17 PM
Go to the original location on Calgary Trail. Doesn't disappoint.

CRXguy
02-20-2006, 10:24 AM
Yeah, I went to the Calgary Trail one when it first opened. Very good, and service is way better than the one in Calgary.

They just opened a second location in Edmonton. It's inside this plaza at the corner of 149st and Stoney Trail.

C4S
02-20-2006, 11:10 AM
Originally posted by rith
I say go with the original one on Calgary Trail. I haven't been to the new one yet. (sorry.. not very helpful hehe)

Yes .. I second that . :D

the one in Calgary is .. not bad but weird location, and not enough space .. ( edmonton one is better .. somehow )

GTS Jeff
02-22-2006, 03:41 AM
The one on Calgary Tr. is definitely the best. In fact, being used to eating there, I was sorely disappointed by the Tropika in Calgary.

Of course, since you seem to devote 50% of your life to trolling after me, I hope you'll be angry at this post I'm writing, and therefore decide to visit the other Tropika just to spite me. That way, you'll have a worse experience, and I will savour that thought. Sorry.

szw
02-22-2006, 08:15 AM
The one in calgary sucks, the one in Edmonton is way better.

gonefishing
02-22-2006, 02:04 PM
i 've been to the Calgary trail location in Edmonton twice and each time i was there it was a bad experience. the food there is alright but i found the service to be really lacking. both times i went we had to wait upwards of 20 min even when we had a reservation and there were empty tables that just needed to be cleaned the whole time we were waiting. Getting commom curtesy service like drink refills is horrible and on one occation we found a rock or pebble in our mixed vergetables and we had to argue with them to take it off of the bill even though we didn't eat the dish after we found the pebble. This again is only my opinion about the Calgary Trail location in Edmonton becuase i haven't tried the one in Calgary yet.

redbeast
02-22-2006, 10:33 PM
Tropika is not authentic Malaysian food, its pretty much Westernized Malaysian food and actually closer to Chinese food. Closest 'authentic' Malaysian food is found in Vancouver. Try Banana Leaf on Broadway.

Malaysian food is supposed to be spicy but I guess if they were to do that they would go out of business. They have to cater to the westerners in order to survive.

AsianCaucasian
02-22-2006, 10:43 PM
Originally posted by redbeast
Tropika is not authentic Malaysian food, its pretty much Westernized Malaysian food and actually closer to Chinese food. Closest 'authentic' Malaysian food is found in Vancouver. Try Banana Leaf on Broadway.

Malaysian food is supposed to be spicy but I guess if they were to do that they would go out of business. They have to cater to the westerners in order to survive.

:werd:

I'm from Malaysia and the food that they serve in Tropika is total shit.

redbeast
02-25-2006, 12:18 PM
Ya man same here im from Malaysia too and I know when its fake!

DelSoln
03-01-2006, 12:14 AM
I didn't really like it at all when I last visited there.