PDA

View Full Version : Nankang?

rsxrsx
03-13-2003, 09:03 AM
Anybody heard of these tires? Anybody has any experiences with these tires? I never really heard of this brand, please leave some thoughts. Also recommended yes or no? :thumbsup:

KoukiS14
03-13-2003, 09:20 AM
Save up and buy real tires.

Nankangs are cheap. You get what you pay for IMO.

rsxrsx
03-13-2003, 10:03 AM
Originally posted by NismoS14
Save up and buy real tires.

Nankangs are cheap. You get what you pay for IMO.

yeah, that's what i thought, thanks:thumbsup:

what does IMO stand for but the way?

ScCab
03-13-2003, 10:08 AM
Originally posted by rsxrsx

yeah, that's what i thought, thanks:thumbsup:

You should just be scared just by looking at their website
Nankang website (http://www.nankang.com.tw/eindex.htm)

IMO=In My Opinion

Glowrider
03-13-2003, 10:44 AM
Yes!!! Hahha Nankangs. Cheap as hell. Bargain basement tires manufactured by Yokohama. I had a set of these once when I was a teenager. Wow do they SUCK. It doesn't take much to get them past operating temperature. If you're really hurting bad and desperately need tires, go for it. But if you can avoid getting them, and can get something better, by all means, do so.

jdmakkord
03-13-2003, 11:37 AM
Nankangs are made in china....yokohamas are made in Japan. Their logo is somewhat similar, but I dont believe they are connected in any way

Glowrider
03-13-2003, 11:39 AM
Gr...see, thats why you never trust a salesman.

"Their made by Yokohama! Same thing!" Haha.

Hipermax_d
03-13-2003, 12:39 PM
Originally posted by rsxrsx

to me its "In My Opinion"

rsxrsx
03-13-2003, 01:17 PM
Originally posted by ScCab

You should just be scared just by looking at their website
Nankang website (http://www.nankang.com.tw/eindex.htm)

IMO=In My Opinion

HAHAHAHA, thanks for the website, not only am i scared but terrified just take a look at this wheel on their homepage, i didn't need to look any further...

rsxrsx
03-13-2003, 01:41 PM
Originally posted by Hipermax_d

to me its "In My Opinion"

thanks, i know it must have sounded stupid for me to ask, but at least now i know what IMO stands for:thumbsup:

04blackMAX
03-13-2003, 02:04 PM
i beg to differ with all of you, so many people are hung up on names brands, my wife had a set of hangkangs on her car, and to tell u the truth, they were great, handles well in dry and wet conditions, sure they are not a z rated tire, but all in all to me a great tire for the $$. Id put a set on my car for sure there a hell of alot quieter than yoko's

Glowrider
03-13-2003, 04:06 PM
Originally posted by vsmSIR
i beg to differ with all of you, so many people are hung up on names brands, my wife had a set of hangkangs on her car, and to tell u the truth, they were great, handles well in dry and wet conditions, sure they are not a z rated tire, but all in all to me a great tire for the $$. Id put a set on my car for sure there a hell of alot quieter than yoko's

LOL. If they were so great, how come you can't remember what their called?

"hangkangs"...

Nankangs suck.

ScCab
03-13-2003, 04:10 PM
Originally posted by Glowrider

LOL. If they were so great, how come you can't remember what thier called?

"hangkangs"...

Nankangs suck.

:rofl:

rsxrsx
03-13-2003, 04:54 PM
I think I should have setup a poll on this one, just to compare everybody's thoughts, hahaha maybe next time. but thanks
:thumbsup:

HK2NR
03-13-2003, 05:25 PM
:rofl: i love that spnning wheel! hahaha

three.eighteen.
03-13-2003, 06:48 PM
that website has some of the worst translations i've ever seen...does anyone know what an 'implement tire' is?

GTS Jeff
03-13-2003, 08:15 PM
lol their website says "welcome to visit NANKANG TIRE!"

theken
03-13-2003, 08:21 PM
wtf?? "you the terminator in the rain ;and your gentleman- likeliness" (english??)

kevie88
03-13-2003, 08:44 PM
Originally posted by three.eighteen.
that website has some of the worst translations i've ever seen...does anyone know what an 'implement tire' is?

Farm Implements?:dunno:

Glowrider
03-13-2003, 08:50 PM
you the terminator in the rain ;and your gentleman- likeliness :rofl:

LOL. That reminds me of all that stupid cheap lighting equipment. Like the washer lights, and the LED muffler tips. They all say stuff on the package in really bad English.

"Bright washer super light!"

"Night shine crazy fun!"

three.eighteen.
03-13-2003, 08:56 PM
soccer boy goal kick now score!!!

rsxrsx
03-13-2003, 09:35 PM
Originally posted by vsmSIR
i just have a question...for some of you guys....i now it off topic..but who still lives with mom and dad????

please visit your thread: http://forums.beyond.ca/showthread.php?s=&threadid=12028

i'm not being an ass, just funny that's all, no offense:thumbsup:

Glowrider
03-14-2003, 12:31 AM
I live with mom and dad during the summer on Long Island. During school, I have an apartment in the city.

GTS Jeff
03-14-2003, 07:07 PM
was at ez motorsports today...guess what kinda tires they use on their lancer "evo" show car hahahaha