PDA

View Full Version : Audi A4

bigboom
02-19-2006, 07:59 PM
how are these cars for reliability and overall ownership ? im looking at the new A4 and I don't know much abotu what owning an Audi is like...can someone fill me in on their ownership impressions and just overall comments?

gpomp
02-19-2006, 08:00 PM
pm sml, he has one

Lex350
02-19-2006, 08:36 PM
Originally posted by bigboom
how are these cars for reliability and overall ownership ? im looking at the new A4 and I don't know much abotu what owning an Audi is like...can someone fill me in on their ownership impressions and just overall comments?
I was looking at tyhem before I bought my last car..I had my heart set on it...then I did some research on the net and have founf that both Audi and VW have been having some quality issues over the ladt couple of years that you wouldn;t expect from this car or company. Go check out the Audi boards and Lemon aid site.

bigboom
02-19-2006, 11:31 PM
what are some decent audi forums to read?

PrezeS_PL
02-19-2006, 11:35 PM
http://www.audiworld.com/

http://www.vwvortex.com/index.html

///|ndy
02-20-2006, 07:14 PM
I had an Audi A4 for 2 weeks and it was an amazing car. The reasons I returned it back to the dealer was due to the fact that it was burning crazy amounts of oil. The car was an 01. While it was still under warranty I didn't want to deal with the headache.
That being said, I still wish I had an Audi, they have a strong warranty program and they are the perfect car for Calgary weather. Plus that are damn sexy looking too.

PrezeS_PL
02-20-2006, 07:31 PM
Originally posted by ///|ndy
I had an Audi A4 for 2 weeks and it was an amazing car. The reasons I returned it back to the dealer was due to the fact that it was burning crazy amounts of oil. The car was an 01. While it was still under warranty I didn't want to deal with the headache.
That being said, I still wish I had an Audi, they have a strong warranty program and they are the perfect car for Calgary weather. Plus that are damn sexy looking too.

Do I have to mention that interior beats most of the others ?

I'm a big BMW fan but after driving and riding in the S4, it really won me over, well maybe one day........

bigboom
02-20-2006, 11:18 PM
thats the biggest selling point to me...the interior is jsut wicked, i havent seen an interior like it in that price class. so right now im trying to decide between keeping my IS300...getting the new A4 or the subaru legacy, this decision making is driving me nuts.

PrezeS_PL
02-20-2006, 11:26 PM
what engine would you choose if you go for one ?

R-Audi
02-21-2006, 09:15 AM
If you go sit in the Legacy and A4 back to back I dont think it will be much comparison... Depends on what you want though.. Legacy is faster, but quality isnt as high. Coming from a Lexus I would say A4...

bigboom
02-21-2006, 11:02 AM
Originally posted by R-Audi
If you go sit in the Legacy and A4 back to back I dont think it will be much comparison... Depends on what you want though.. Legacy is faster, but quality isnt as high. Coming from a Lexus I would say A4...

mark, i know your audi is running APR stage 3 how has the 1.8 held up? i was planning on getting the A4 2.0t and doing a stage 1 on it to start but im worried about a 2.0 turbo getting pushed too hard...any comments on that? and how has reliability been on it?

R-Audi
02-21-2006, 01:26 PM
Dont know tons about the B7 and 2.0T, but havent heard of any isssues yet... and they are pushing out close to 280hp with chip and exhaust.. thats huge!