PDA

View Full Version : 360: Fight Night R3

awd
02-21-2006, 02:48 PM
Wow. Its out today -- get it. One of the best looking games I have played in my life.

I just got knocked the fuck out by B-Hop and it was hilarious.

http://www.gamersnet.nl/images/nieuws/2005/1134819435/fightnight.jpg

habsfan
02-21-2006, 02:56 PM
i was lookin at this game yesterday...it becoming really hard for me to put off buying a x360

skyline19
02-21-2006, 03:09 PM
where can you buy one? or even rent one?

awd
02-21-2006, 03:35 PM
Originally posted by skyline19
where can you buy one? or even rent one?

The game? Ebgames has it, should be at futureshop/bestbuy tomorrow.

googe
02-21-2006, 03:58 PM
does it look the same as the playable demo? i wasnt that impressed with the graphics on that.

heavyD
02-21-2006, 04:38 PM
Originally posted by googe
does it look the same as the playable demo? i wasnt that impressed with the graphics on that.

Really? IMO it's the best looking game ever on any platform as far as rendering humans is concerned. There are some video's going around that compares Far Cry 360 to the original Far Cry on a top of the line PC with all the effects turned up. Far Cry on PC was supposed to be one of the best looking games ever and the 360 version makes it look like a PS1 game.

rage2
02-21-2006, 04:40 PM
The playable demo was awesome. Think I'm gonna pick up a copy too.

awd
02-21-2006, 04:45 PM
Originally posted by googe

Not sure dude, I never bothered with the demo.

heavyD
02-21-2006, 05:03 PM
Originally posted by rage2
The playable demo was awesome. Think I'm gonna pick up a copy too.

They toned down the haymakers this year which makes it more strategic. Last year's game if you had the controls down pat you could perform haymakers galore and pound newbs in a couple of rounds. I can still perform them on the new version enough to inflict some massive cuts and face wounds even on the four round demo which means some unsuspecting people on xbox live are gonna get pounded by me.:D

awd
02-21-2006, 05:20 PM
Originally posted by heavyD

They toned down the haymakers this year which makes it more strategic. Last year's game if you had the controls down pat you could perform haymakers galore and pound newbs in a couple of rounds. I can still perform them on the new version enough to inflict some massive cuts and face wounds even on the four round demo which means some unsuspecting people on xbox live are gonna get pounded by me.:D

Exhaustion and fear also play a much larger role now -- the look of fear in a guy's face when he is exhausted and close to getting KO'd is amazing.

GQNammer
02-21-2006, 05:24 PM
omg omg omg

i gotta go get it now. Hope it's not a let down!

toyboy88
02-21-2006, 05:37 PM
the first pic is so realistic! :eek:

awd
02-21-2006, 06:01 PM
I'll take some pics in the next couple hours and post em up.

Hakkola
02-21-2006, 06:58 PM
Originally posted by heavyD

They toned down the haymakers this year which makes it more strategic. D

Good, one of my buddies was all about the haymakers, it got boring.

I just realized I have the excess cash to pay for an xbox 360, I don't think I'd have the time to play it though. :thumbsdow That game looks great.

danno
02-22-2006, 12:05 AM
i picked it up today and i'm happy with the graphics, but the career mode is lacking imo. i like to see the fighter go up threw the ranks, like it was in fn2.

the online is a little hard to take in so far. it seems like it always turns out to be a slug fest. don't forget to change your controler setup if you don't like the joystick punches. i got caught with that setup in my first fight and almost lost but the other guy kept headbutting me.

pretty good game

heavyD
02-22-2006, 01:14 PM
Originally posted by danno
i picked it up today and i'm happy with the graphics, but the career mode is lacking imo. i like to see the fighter go up threw the ranks, like it was in fn2.

the online is a little hard to take in so far. it seems like it always turns out to be a slug fest. don't forget to change your controler setup if you don't like the joystick punches. i got caught with that setup in my first fight and almost lost but the other guy kept headbutting me.

pretty good game

Is there an online rankings system?

gp36912
02-22-2006, 01:19 PM
that looks amazing, ur making me want to get a 360 right now, was going to put it off and buy it wheni get my ps3

Bill Cosby
02-22-2006, 01:31 PM
i dont think there is an online ranking system, i thought i read something about that in igns review

hmm if i got this game it would be for the career but it said its pretty lackluster,.. mmm

customdelux
02-22-2006, 03:31 PM
got it on ps2 last night its even good on the slim. 10-0 10 ko's in career. I cant wait for ps3

heavyD
02-22-2006, 03:35 PM
Originally posted by customdelux
I cant wait for ps3

You could be waiting a long time. Merryl Lynch reported this week that the PS3 will cost Sony an estimated $900 US to make per console and predicts that they will retail for $700 US at launch. Worse yet since the cell is very difficult to program for they estimated the PS3 won't hit north america until early 2007 as developers aren't even close to having any games done and the manufacturing for the cell is taking longer than expected.

habsfan
02-22-2006, 04:20 PM
heavyD, i think this is a first. i'm in agreeance with you on the topic of a sony console ;) i'm not expecting to see the thing any time soon. sony fucked themselves over by trying to go too revolutionary.

heavyD
02-22-2006, 07:05 PM
Originally posted by habsfan
sony fucked themselves over by trying to go too revolutionary.

Even though Sony won the last console wars by a landslide they hated being perceived as 2nd teir technologically to Xbox. They decided to make a superfreak console in the PS3 which may be their own undoing. Microsoft on the other hand decided to go the PS2 route of first out of the gate and have an accomplished lineup of games available by the time the PS3 launches with the typical new console slim pickings lineup. Really all Sony had to do is match the 360 hardware-wise and it would outsell it by a landslide based on fanboys alone but now it will be priced 1.5x to 2x higher than the 360 and depending on who you talk to in the industry won't deliver much more in the graphics department.

You know when Japanes stalwarts like Capcom is pushing its new large developement games Dead Rising, Lost Planet, & RE5 (also to be on PS3) on 360 and not PS3 that maybe they know something.

danno
02-22-2006, 11:07 PM
the online ranking system is not very good.
it appeared to be the guy with the most wins on top.
76-5 or something. that was from yesterday. i was 2-1.
pgr3 is so much better at online play, but then again this is my first immpression of it

anyone who has it and wants to fight should post when they are on. i'll be on thursday night for sure

theken
02-23-2006, 01:21 AM
damn torrentspy's no seeders, i have been waiting for 2 days