PDA

View Full Version : Calgary Cell Unlockers

turbotrip
02-21-2006, 02:51 PM
So another friend of mine got scammed by this calgary cell unlocker guy recently. My friend gave the guy his phone and the guy said he would have it done a long time ago, but now whenever we call him to ask for the phone back he says hes busy and will do it tommorow, but when we call the next day he doesnt pick up. Ive had to deal with this guys problems a long time ago too, but now i need some info on him. I know that he is a Lebanese guy whose real name might be Jamal, but does anyone know his first or last name for sure? Also, he claims that he lives in Okotoks so if anyone knows that he does live there please tell me around what area. If I cant get any info on him in the next day or 2 ill go to the police, but we want to try this way first so any help is appreciated.

Oh and for anyone thinking about going to this guy for unlocking better think again because it seems that this is a fairly usual problem with this scammer

thanks

3G
02-21-2006, 03:54 PM
Originally posted by turbotrip
So another friend of mine got scammed by this calgary cell unlocker guy recently. My friend gave the guy his phone and the guy said he would have it done a long time ago, but now whenever we call him to ask for the phone back he says hes busy and will do it tommorow, but when we call the next day he doesnt pick up. Ive had to deal with this guys problems a long time ago too, but now i need some info on him. I know that he is a Lebanese guy whose real name might be Jamal, but does anyone know his first or last name for sure? Also, he claims that he lives in Okotoks so if anyone knows that he does live there please tell me around what area. If I cant get any info on him in the next day or 2 ill go to the police, but we want to try this way first so any help is appreciated.

Oh and for anyone thinking about going to this guy for unlocking better think again because it seems that this is a fairly usual problem with this scammer

thanks

Why would your friend give the guy his phone, my dad had his cell unlocked by robbie it went down ok i guess but i dont like those guys :thumbsdow

turbotrip
02-21-2006, 03:58 PM
^ahh yes he goes by Robbie but thats not his name, and my friend is retarded and didnt ask for anybodys opinion on this guy before dealing with him, and "Robbie" told him he needed some cable from his home which was complete BS

shakalaka
02-21-2006, 04:05 PM
Just go to the police right away. Dont bother finding him. These fukin scammers need to be treated like that straight up.

Weapon_R
02-21-2006, 04:08 PM
He also stole one of my phones and refused to give it back. I gave him a Nokia to unlock, and he said it would be done overnight. The next day, he told me that it would be one week. This continued until he had the phone for over 4 weeks, each day he had another excuse.

I called him and flipped out on him and told him that I needed the phone immediately. He gave me a bullshit excuse that it was in pieces and that he had instruments connected to it. I had taken his plate # down before he left, and I let him know that I had it and that I was forwarding his information to the cops for theft.

He met me within hours at a local Tim Hortons with my phone. Shady ass mother fucker. I will NEVER ever use him again, even if it costs me double to unlock somewhere else.

turbotrip
02-21-2006, 04:22 PM
^would u still have his plate #? my friend wrote down his plate but thinks it might not be correct because he got it while he was driving away
and yea the guy used the same exact excuse with the phone in pieces on him

Krayzie
02-21-2006, 09:55 PM
you guys should call him off a different cellphone number and say that you guys need another phone unlocked from him

Go meet up with him and ask for your phone back but make sure this time you get the correct license plate number

I'm sure he deals with alot of people in one day and would be willing to meet up with you guys

soupey
02-21-2006, 09:58 PM
i dealt wit a jamal on beyond...his brother has an account on here, sold a k600i to a friend of mine last week...if the guy were dealing with was a really big guy...then its the same one...

http://forums.beyond.ca/showthread.php?s=&threadid=119396

2.2vtec
02-21-2006, 10:02 PM
His name is Robbie Cram or something, he works at TELUS and lives DOWNTOWN. I say we just ask him to meet us to unlock a phone and kick his ass!

HTN SWCHS
02-21-2006, 10:57 PM
good thing i didnt get my razr unlocked from these guys, they said they'd call me the same day if they could or not but they didnt, sound pretty shady

anyone know where else i can get it done? its the silver one w/o video camera (that doesnt make sense, it plays videos but i cant find the video camera somehow)

Weapon_R
02-22-2006, 12:26 AM
:rofl: There is no such thing as 'same day'. I wonder how many people get fed up and forget their phones with this animal.

BebeAphrodite
02-22-2006, 02:00 AM
where did you guys find this guy?

GQBalla
02-22-2006, 03:03 AM
yes i would like to know how you guys got his number and his supposedly service.

why not just bring it down town to the fido stores and ask them to unlock it?

t-im
02-22-2006, 03:06 AM
Originally posted by GQBalla
why not just bring it down town to the fido stores and ask them to unlock it?

Because that costs $200+??

GQBalla
02-22-2006, 03:47 AM
are you serious???

my friend brought in 4 phones and it cost him 120......

turbotrip
02-22-2006, 01:50 PM
^then he likely didnt deal through the fido store, instead he probably dealt with the unlocker that unlocks for the fido store, which is what this calgary cell unlockers guy is, and thats how many people get his # (through TD rogers)

wesseam
02-22-2006, 01:56 PM
Originally posted by soupey
i dealt wit a jamal on beyond...his brother has an account on here, sold a k600i to a friend of mine last week...if the guy were dealing with was a really big guy...then its the same one...

http://forums.beyond.ca/showthread.php?s=&threadid=119396

the jamal your thinking of is my brother and he does not unlock phones, let alone steal them, the phone that you bought was a friend of mines that was bought off ebay, he sold it to upgrade to a w800i.
don't go starting rumors about my brother being the same one, just becasue his name is jamal and his lebanese does not automatically make him that same guy.

statick
02-22-2006, 02:24 PM
Whatever happened to your good friend Brian Hamp, turbotrip?

turbotrip
02-22-2006, 02:37 PM
^Brians still my nigga, but this fool told me he was dealing with
"calgary cell unlockers" after he had already given them the phone so it was too late to deal with anyone else

Celica TVS3
02-22-2006, 02:40 PM
What kind of car does Robbie drive?

Weapon_R
02-22-2006, 02:41 PM
He has a Red 92ish Ford Explorer.

Clever
02-22-2006, 03:34 PM
WTF?

I know this guy personally but i haven't seen him for a while, i'll be sure to talk to him about this shit when I see him. I have refered some people to him in the past and I didn't know about all this, fucking guy.

rage2
02-22-2006, 03:51 PM
he used to spam on beyond a lot through PMs, had to ban his ass and make sure we replaced all his domains.

Lesson #1. When spamming thru PM's, don't spam the fucking admin :rofl:.

Weapon_R
02-22-2006, 03:54 PM
Originally posted by Clever
WTF?

I know this guy personally but i haven't seen him for a while, i'll be sure to talk to him about this shit when I see him. I have refered some people to him in the past and I didn't know about all this, fucking guy.

Yea he's definately not a guy i'd leave an expensive phone with. Turbotrip, i'll try and get you the license plate # if you decide to call the police and tell them he stole your phone.

BerserkerCatSplat
02-22-2006, 03:54 PM
Originally posted by rage2

Lesson #1. When spamming thru PM's, don't spam the fucking admin :rofl:.

:rofl: :rofl: That's some sage advice, to be sure.

soupey
02-23-2006, 09:31 AM
Originally posted by wesseam

the jamal your thinking of is my brother and he does not unlock phones, let alone steal them, the phone that you bought was a friend of mines that was bought off ebay, he sold it to upgrade to a w800i.
don't go starting rumors about my brother being the same one, just becasue his name is jamal and his lebanese does not automatically make him that same guy.

need a hug?

there arent many ppl named jamal and apparently my lil description matched up. im not saying u guys stole anything, he is, so deal with him, not me.

Tru_leb4life
02-24-2006, 09:04 PM
His name is Jamel Karam, and he drives a green car.

Importz
02-24-2006, 09:11 PM
lol that guy is a scam.....i called him to get my nokia 8801 unlocked he told me it will cost me $75 and he would have to take my phone for the day and take it apart and sauder some chip in...LOL....come on now..this dude thinks i never owned a cellphone before... this guy is a loser!! DONT GO THERE!!!

GQBalla
02-25-2006, 12:12 AM
im pretty sure this guy doesn't deal with the dragon city fido stores.
because he speaks chinese over the phone

lol i should invest in a unlocking kit or whatever they use.

than advertise on beyond as a sponser!!

snowboard
02-27-2006, 12:28 AM
k i dont get this, whats it mean if your cell is locked??
like you have apssword on it or what.
is it heat to buy a locked phone?

turbotrip
02-27-2006, 12:36 AM
If you buy a phone from Rogers, the phone can only be used on the Rogers network. If you want to use the phone on Fido you have to get it unlocked so it will work on any GSM (sim card) network. You often need to unlock phones you buy from out of the country since they are usually locked to foreign providers.

And to let you guys know, after threatening the guy some more, he finally delievered a silver Razr as a loaner phone (which is likely another customers phone) while he takes his time to unlock the original phone. he claims he has to open it up and put some chip in it and my brilliant friend got tricked into letting him :rofl: :banghead:

GQBalla
02-27-2006, 03:50 AM
well than....

hopefully he gives up the original phone!

gatorade
02-27-2006, 04:21 AM

need a hug?

there arent many ppl named jamal and apparently my lil description matched up. im not saying u guys stole anything, he is, so deal with him, not me.

actually, I think jamal is a common lebanese name.

3G
02-27-2006, 01:20 PM
Originally posted by gatorade

:werd:

soupey
02-27-2006, 09:35 PM
Originally posted by gatorade

i said name AND description.

3G
02-28-2006, 11:39 AM

i said name AND description.

My uncles name is Jamal and he's a big guy :dunno:

soupey
02-28-2006, 11:52 AM
haha man u guys dont quit, fine im wrong, u win, be happy.

lastprodigy
02-28-2006, 12:02 PM
lol