PDA

View Full Version : Mustard Roasted Chicken Recipe

Gorilla
02-21-2006, 05:16 PM
I love this recipe.. its easy to do as well..

1/4 cup dijion mustard
1Tbs fresh parsley, chopped
4lbs chicken breast Halves
1/4 tsp. Paprika

Preheat oven to 425F
Combine mustard and parley in bowl
arrange chickn, skin side up in baking pan
brush with mixture, srpinkle with paprika
bake 30mins or untill cooked

then eat..mmmmmm

Nutritional value

Calories 569
Fat 12.8g
Carbs 1.1g
Cholestrol: 288mg
Protein 106.1g
Fiber 0.1g

ecstasy_civic
02-21-2006, 05:18 PM
HOLY SHIT:eek:
Thats alot of protein for one meal! lol

Sounds good, might try it:thumbsup:

joyridder
02-21-2006, 05:18 PM
yumm that sounds very good...:love:

hockeybronx
02-21-2006, 06:15 PM
Originally posted by ecstasy_civic
HOLY SHIT:eek:
Thats alot of protein for one meal! lol

Sounds good, might try it:thumbsup:

I'm pretty sure the idea is not to eat all 4 pounds of chicken at once. Plus the body has trouble taking in and utilizing more than 40-50 grams of protein at once.

Throw in a salad, a glass of milk, some garlic toast to cover the other food groups, and split it into 4 meals and that would be the better option.

Vagabond142
02-21-2006, 06:16 PM
do it skinless for a leaner meat, maybe? :thumbsup:

ecstasy_civic
02-21-2006, 06:21 PM
Originally posted by hockeybronx

I'm pretty sure the idea is not to eat all 4 pounds of chicken at once. Plus the body has trouble taking in and utilizing more than 40-50 grams of protein at once.

Throw in a salad, a glass of milk, some garlic toast to cover the other food groups, and split it into 4 meals and that would be the better option.

I dunno, I can think of a few buddies who would attempt to eat 4lbs of chicken :rofl:

But either way, sounds good

Wildcat
02-21-2006, 07:07 PM
sounds good, ill pass that along to my mom. wheres the best place to put it so she'll see it you think? the fridge or the stove?

00CivicSi
02-21-2006, 07:30 PM
Originally posted by hockeybronx

There's no actual evidence how much protien a person can actually absorb. The recipe does look awsome, hafta give it a try

hockeybronx
02-21-2006, 08:38 PM
Originally posted by ecstasy_civic

I dunno, I can think of a few buddies who would attempt to eat 4lbs of chicken :rofl:

But either way, sounds good

Originally posted by 00CivicSi

There's no actual evidence how much protien a person can actually absorb. The recipe does look awsome, hafta give it a try

Well let me put it this way. We've come to the point where we know eating 6 meals is better than three main ones right? It's all because of blood sugar/insulin levels.

You have a huge meal and your body needs to produce a huge amount of insulin to level out your blood sugar. However there is always excess insulin produced so then your body craves more food to raise the blood sugar level again.

Whether you are bulking up or just trying to keep lean mass, eating 6 constant meals and maintaining a more consistant blood sugar level is essential.

Gorilla
02-23-2006, 02:45 PM
Tried the Chicken Last night, turned out really good and no I didnt eat all 4 lbs..

:thumbsup:

Hakkola
02-23-2006, 03:55 PM
haha, I was thinking it sounds good but 4lbs of chicken might be a bit much for me to eat in one sitting :D, not very high in calories but the protein is awesome.

I'll give it a try. :thumbsup:

Unknown303
02-23-2006, 05:21 PM
Sounds sweet. Going to have to try that out. Definately going to cut back on the recipe size a little.

the_fornicator
02-23-2006, 05:26 PM
Originally posted by Vagabond142
do it skinless for a leaner meat, maybe? :thumbsup:

the skin has nothing to do with the lean-ness of the meat ;)

I know what you mean though. just givin ya hard time.

keith303
02-27-2006, 03:09 PM
I read anything after 70 grams of protien in one portion is useless.

Thats why the highest protien drink is basically 70g when maximized and mixed with milk.

I swear I kinda fell a buzz after downing 70 grams in about 10 seconds. or maybe its the 1300 calories that go along wih it.;)

sweetchariot
02-27-2006, 09:10 PM
Heres an idea. Before you cook it, score the chicken with a knife (cut about 2cm in up and down). Then get your mustard add about 1/2 cup of wine, mix the rest of the spices then put in a ziplock back for about 3 hours. Then cook............MMMMMM tasty.

2002civic
03-02-2006, 06:56 PM
mm im gonna try this