PDA

View Full Version : Bow Trail and 69th Street

Anton
02-21-2006, 10:02 PM
Did anyone see the accident there or know what happened? It looked horrible. I could not identify the white car that was hit the most cause I had to go around and only saw a little bit. Looked to be a Honda (CRX or Civic maybe) There was also a red, newer model Mustang. A truck that appeared to drive onto the sidewalk and two more cars on the other road of which one of them had front end damage. Did not get a chance to see the other one. It looked to be a very high speed crash but I did not see another car that was damaged as badly and it didn't look like he went into any light posts/barriers/etc...

izzoblitzo
02-21-2006, 10:07 PM
sarcee and 17th ave? or 17th ave and 69th street?

I dont think bow trail intersects with 69th street.. unless you're talking about old banff and bowtrail?

asp integra
02-21-2006, 11:48 PM
ya bow does intersect with 69th, but now i think there are signs there that say strathcona drive or something, but i still call it 69th

Zero102
02-22-2006, 06:37 PM
It's 'technically' 69th, but it's named in that stretch as 'Old Banff Coach Road'.
So yes bow trail does meet 69th :)

Sounds pretty crazy though. Bow trail is a 70 zone there, so there is the potential for a pretty bad crash.

izzoblitzo
02-22-2006, 08:15 PM
well.. "technically" the roads do meet... but I live in the area, and I was hoping to narrow it down to wich stretch of road... its more or less a matter of a kilometer or so. it being banff trail (strathcona/coach hill area) or 69th street (christie estates/springbank area).

it goes from 69th street, and as it turns towards north, it turns into Strathcona Blvd, then as it crosses bowtrail, it turns into old banff coach road... much like sarcee trail as it turns and changes direction, turns into glenmore. You wouldnt call them the same even though there's no physical change in stretch of road... just direction.