PDA

View Full Version : It's car wash time kids !!

fast95pony
03-13-2003, 10:50 PM
Holy crap she's dirrrty !! ;) Any guesses when the roads will be dry again ?? I'm guessing sunday/monday . I'm saving up my twoonies.It's going to take a few to get all the crud off .
:banghead:

Time for an informal car wash meet ??
:dunno:

rsxrsx
03-14-2003, 09:04 AM
yeah, it's been so long since i washed mine, can't wait to shine it up again...:thumbsup:

Ben
03-14-2003, 09:12 AM
Heh, I washed my car 3 weeks ago, hasn't got a drop of salt or mud on her yet :rolleyes:

SilverRex
03-14-2003, 01:05 PM
no kidding

calarina
03-14-2003, 01:30 PM
Awww, poor saps...I wash my car every Friday at work for free :tongue: Haha, I'm sure I could hook ya up with a shine. :D

___2PaC___
03-14-2003, 03:06 PM
Originally posted by calarina
Awww, poor saps...I wash my car every Friday at work for free :tongue: Haha, I'm sure I could hook ya up with a shine. :D

ahhaah lucky!!, where do u work?

Lo)2enz0
03-14-2003, 06:50 PM
well my civic is dirty as hell and the 240sx has been parked for the week but she is free again so I might show up with either or car.

Laurier

sexualbanana
03-14-2003, 09:04 PM
yeah, i was gonna wash my car, but i figure there's no point cuz it's just gonna get real dirty real quick, so i figure i'll wait till all the shit is gonw

RX-7_TWINTURBO
03-14-2003, 09:16 PM
Originally posted by calarina
heh..me too but i can do mine every day

fast95pony
03-14-2003, 11:28 PM
I washed mine today because I HAD to. I could barely see out of the side windows. I got most of the crap off,but it still needs a really good wash. I'll probably wait till Sunday evening. Most of the snow will be gone ,and the car wash won't be jammed ...

nismodrifter
03-15-2003, 12:35 AM
I washed at home today :)

it was the perfect day to do it

SilverRex
03-15-2003, 05:48 PM
sweet I wash my car today.. nice and clean then 5 min drive hope.. SPLASH... o_o @#%#$%

Hakkola
03-15-2003, 11:21 PM
hehe, I'm crazy when the weathers nice about keeping the car clean, coin wash yesterday, then it got a lil dirty today so I did it again, then I was at home and there was water spots so I busted out the chamis.

ACS-e36
03-16-2003, 04:13 AM
i just got mine today... i know its still wet but i HAD to get this HUGE piece of bird shit off my spoiler... it was soooooo digusting

kenny
03-16-2003, 05:12 AM
Washed my car at 10th and 10th today and the stupid bitch there told me I couldn't use my wash mitt, how stupid is that? I'm PAYING for the damn presoak so what difference does it make whether im wiping the car as im doing it, or just standing there and letting it presoak without the wipe? Man... I wish there was another car wash that was open 24/7 in that area I had to bitch at her for so long before she left me alone.

FiveFreshFish
03-16-2003, 06:17 AM
Originally posted by kenny
Washed my car at 10th and 10th today and the stupid bitch there told me I couldn't use my wash mitt, how stupid is that? I'm PAYING for the damn presoak so what difference does it make whether im wiping the car as im doing it, or just standing there and letting it presoak without the wipe? Man... I wish there was another car wash that was open 24/7 in that area I had to bitch at her for so long before she left me alone.

Kenny, go to the Mohawk on 14th Street NW just north of Kensington Road. They've got 6 individual wash bays - not tandem - and are open 24 hours, even during -30°C weather like last week! I've never driven up and found the car wash closed.

I use their water and soap to fill my two buckets (one for wheels and one for body), wash by hand and then towel dry. However, I only dry inside the heated wash bay when it's not busy. I've been doing this for 6+ years and nobody has yet to bitch at me.

They don't have digital timers but I'd swear your Loonie or Toonie gets you way more time than 10th & 10th. No power/automatic overhead doors, but who cares? I do it all with $3 or $4.

hkcivic2k2
03-16-2003, 06:30 PM
:werd:

I still think that best placec to clean your car is at home on the garage pad :P

Superesc
03-16-2003, 06:44 PM
I usually go to the Centex on Center st. New facility and warm :D

kenny
03-16-2003, 06:51 PM
Interesting, I'll have to give the mohawk a try after I get busted at 10th and 10th again so I can bitch her out and take off after spraying her with some low pressure soap. :rofl:

ZorroAMG
03-17-2003, 04:40 PM
Why low pressure?? High pressure, then hot wax!! She is annoying though isn't she?

RiceCake
03-18-2003, 02:06 AM
Originally posted by ACS-e36
i just got mine today... i know its still wet but i HAD to get this HUGE piece of bird shit off my spoiler... it was soooooo digusting

Hahaha, the birds are coming after ya, too bad you can't outrun them :poosie: :angel:

audio1der
03-18-2003, 08:38 AM
Still haven't gotten my damn Zaino in the mail, but have bags of MF's and all my 3M prep. bottles ready to go- I CAN'T WAIT.:clap:

rsxrsx
03-18-2003, 08:57 AM
HAHA, i'm so happy i finally washed my car last night after like 2 or 3 weeks, :thumbsup:

RC-Cola
03-18-2003, 10:37 AM
Originally posted by hkcivic2k2
:werd:

I still think that best placec to clean your car is at home on the garage pad :P

I only moved here a couple of years ago and my old roommate told me it's illegal in Calgary to hand wash your car at home unless you have some way of collecting all of the waste water and soap?

Anybody ever heard of this and/or had a bi-law guy bitch at you for washing your car?

Weasel
03-18-2003, 11:33 AM
It could be illegal but I've lived here my entire life and washed cars in my driveway all the time. Yet to get a ticket.

Melinda
03-18-2003, 11:53 AM
Originally posted by Weasel
It could be illegal but I've lived here my entire life and washed cars in my driveway all the time. Yet to get a ticket.
Yeah we wash cars at my house during the summer cause we have a driveway that comes right into the front yard. My neighbor collects old classic cars and does all his cars at his house as well...no one's ever bothered us...

Melinda

G
03-18-2003, 01:01 PM
Originally posted by kenny

The one on centre street north right after 16th is open 24/7

Hakkola
03-18-2003, 02:12 PM
Yeah, during the summer I always do it on my driveway, it helps that there isn't much traffic in my area and I'm tucked away in a corner, most people in the neighbourhood keep to themselves and won't bother you no matter what you're doing during the day.

RC-Cola
03-18-2003, 04:52 PM
Cool, cause when I lived in Edmonton I used to do it all the time and I never had any problems. When I moved here my roommate told me it was illegal and the bi-law guys were very vigilante about it, especially in the Spring when water quality is crap...

Rub-a-dub I get to wash my... ride?
(I know, I know bad rhyme!) :banghead:

nismodrifter
03-18-2003, 05:04 PM
I ALWAYS wash at home during spring/summer and fall, go to the car wash in winter time only. I have always washed at home and never had any problem with those by law doodz

kenny
03-18-2003, 05:12 PM
Originally posted by ZorroAMG
Why low pressure?? High pressure, then hot wax!! She is annoying though isn't she?

Then I wont draw blood and there will be no evidence of my crime! err.... d'oh! :rofl: oh well I'll continue to go there, and will keep using my wash mitt.