PDA

View Full Version : Looking for a job to pay for school

DJDudka
02-22-2006, 02:42 AM
Alright, I figure you guys might be able to help me out.
I am currently working at Threadco out on Balzac (I live in Airdrie) and today they gave me (and 4 others) 1 weeks notice... Yaah for being laid off.

Here's my dilemma, I need $15000 for school starting in September. I have almost 6k saved up and I was making 15/hour with an hour of overtime 5 days a week, my take home was 1100 every 2 weeks. I need to find something close to this wage, the work doesn't even matter to me, I can do anything, labour... whatever, I'm a quick learner, so I fully expect some level of training. But yea I'll be 19 the beginning of April and I can work anywhere in the calgary/airdrie area. If any of you know of openings at places, or places to even check out I would greatly appreciate it. If you need to get a hold of me the best way is MSN [email protected].

btw, I don't mind repetitive labour jobs, as long as I can take home about 1100+ a paycheque.

redline_13000
02-22-2006, 11:51 AM
go apply at some construction companies (volker stevin, borger, standard general, etc)

JAYMEZ
02-22-2006, 12:01 PM
You can make what you want at the Oil rigs , very very fast. And they are hireing like crazy :thumbsup:

Barking_Spidre
02-22-2006, 12:38 PM
Go apply with Ellis-Don, If you dont mind driving into calgary to work.

2 friends of mine work at the New Alberta Children's Hospital, well so do I but they work for Ellis-Don, and they are making 18 an hour, with 4 tens and an eight hour on friday, And saturday overtime I think.

Should pull in close to 900 a week before taxes on just the 5 days of the week.

Plenty of cash, to be made with them.

AsianCaucasian
02-22-2006, 05:06 PM
I have a job for you starting in May. PM me for details.

Kobe
02-22-2006, 05:10 PM
http://forums.beyond.ca/showthread.php?s=&threadid=119842

freshprince
03-01-2006, 02:44 PM
hey man, check out my thread on the careers board. I can almost guarantee you'll have more than enough if you come work for me. Check out the thread and email me. Thread: Diversify your resume:

http://forums.beyond.ca/showthread.php?threadid=121188