PDA

View Full Version : FS: 91' VW Golf - Good Condition - $1500obo

modded46
02-22-2006, 09:06 AM
Updated with pics

http://photobucket.com/albums/b174/modded46/Auto/VW/

Make me some offers guys, i'm open here and need to get it out of my driveway thanks!

Well, I'm selling the golf and getting a new vehicle, can't pass up this current offer on a Focus.

Here's the story on the car.. I got it about 4 months ago and honestly it's been pretty good, I haven't put a lot of mileage on it but the odometer doesn't work anymore it's locked at 235,000. I would estimate I put about 2000kms on it. And has saved me a ton of money on gas.

I've done a lot to the car to be honest, but that just makes it a better car for the next person.. I needed a hobby so that's why I got it in the first place.

New timing belt
New cat-back exhaust including mufflers (stock)
New spark plugs
New battery
New full drivers side 100mm axle
New heater core
Reman alternator

The interior is in good shape with only one cig burn in the drivers seat.. (not from me) :P Overall the interior is in great shape.

Also, i've done little things like get new wipers, replace door handles, etc..

It comes with fairly good rubber on it.. I do have a extra set of 4 tires that I will include also with decent rubber. One set is the standard steelie the other is the "snowflake" pattern alloy?

Anyway, now for the bad..

It does burn a bit of oil when it starts up.. Weird only when it starts though.. It does start fine though and after a few seconds of running the smoke is gone.

There is a "humming" noise coming from the front, i've been told it's the wheel bearing and it's a pain in the ass to change without the proper tools so I haven't pursued changing that. :/

As a side project I started to repaint the car, it was red, now it's a very cool blue colour but I don't have the time to finish it off.. It's currently got 2 coats on and probably needs a few more to finish it off totally.

It does have a bit of rust, but not in any major areas, little bit around the front window & passenger side window. Has a dent in the back hatch but nothing major.

Other then that, i think everything else works fine..

I do need to get rid of this soon as it's taking up space in the driveway and with another car on the way I don't have the room.

I'm asking $1500.00obo.. I can post pics here once the snow stops and can get some decent pictures. As stated, obo, I don't know how much this is worth but i'm open to any and all offers and of course any questions you might have.

Thanks!

modded46
02-28-2006, 10:07 AM
Bump, updated with pics!! Offers guys.

modded46
03-04-2006, 11:31 AM
Bump! Lots of interest but no one has come forward with money.. Give me a pm or e-mail at [email protected].. I would like to have this sold by the end of the week, first one with cash gets her.

modded46
03-10-2006, 05:04 PM
Price lowered.. But all reasonable offers accepted..

1000 obo... Need this gone by the end of next week or a perfectly good car goes to the junkyard.. All offers considered, someone please come get her.

modded46
03-19-2006, 10:57 AM
Last bump.. Someone come get her. I'm in the NW

modded46
03-25-2006, 07:13 PM
Ok, this will be THE final bump i promise.. I can't believe this hasn't sold yet.. It is running, it is a volkswagen, it is in good shape. Please, someone come get this car.. Perfect for those that don't want to drive their babies all the time.. Hense why I got it in the first place.

1995_GTI_VR6
03-25-2006, 10:51 PM
Hey can i come by and take a look tomorrow? email [email protected] your address and ill come take a look

1995_GTI_VR6
03-27-2006, 09:50 PM
this thing still around?

ballanation
03-27-2006, 09:56 PM
ill have the money if it isnt gone by next week....

modded46
03-29-2006, 10:40 PM
SOLD! Thanks for all those interested.