PDA

View Full Version : Test Drove Dodge Caliber today

RUQUIKR
02-22-2006, 02:44 PM
I had the oppurtunity to test drive all 3 models of the Dodge Caliber that will become available later this month after Dodge does the official release. All in all a very nice vehicle. Biggest things that stand out were adjustable center console arm rest, halo light drink holders, in dash cooler for 4 drinks, detachable standard flashlight, and the CVT2 tranny. This vehicle looks much better in person then it does in the pics floating around. On another note I got to check a pre production Jeep Grand Cherokee SRT-8, pretty sick for a SUV.

handsomebassman
02-22-2006, 02:46 PM
Originally posted by RUQUIKR
On another note I got to check a pre production Jeep Grand Cherokee SRT-8, pretty sick for a SUV.

Its insane, I want it as a new Tow-Rig.

If only it had 4-lo :(

heavyD
02-22-2006, 02:54 PM
A fella on the srtforums.com got to drive a Caliber and said pretty well the same things you did. He also mentioned the interior quality was much improved compared to previous domestic economy cars. Did the car have a fairly quality feel to it?

RUQUIKR
02-22-2006, 03:06 PM
Absouluty! This is the replacement for the SX 2.0 and it is much higher quality then the SX ever was. I also got to compare it first hand to the Vibe, Matrix, Mazda 3and Focus and found it was considerble nicer. Feels very sturdy, espeically in AWD model.

A790
02-22-2006, 04:08 PM
in dash cooler for 4 drinks

GASP! I JUST SPLOOGED MYSELF!

benyl
02-22-2006, 04:21 PM
nice to see domestics stepping it up a little.

4doorj
02-22-2006, 04:29 PM
, in dash cooler for 4 drinks,
that sounds cool

canadiandaytona
02-22-2006, 04:34 PM
which engines?

Redlyne_mr2
02-22-2006, 04:37 PM
Yeah we should have one or 2 of them at the autoshow this year. They are pretty cool little vehicles, RUQUIKR what dealer are you with? Ill be pulling a few shifts during the event, maybe Ill see you there.

heavyD
02-22-2006, 04:51 PM
The cup holders light up and the hatch has fold out speakers that point towards the driver with the hatch closed, when you open the hatch you can fold the speakers so they drop down a face out of the hatch for camping, etc. You have to give DCX credit for some really innovative ideas.

khtm
02-22-2006, 05:03 PM
http://www.linternaute.com/auto/diaporama-mondial-geneve/dodge%20caliber.jpg

I think it really needs to decide what it is. Is it a wagon? Is it an SUV? Is it a hatchback?

Dodge calls it a "Crossover Utility Wagon" (CUW).

I call it something I saw in my beer shits this morning.

RUQUIKR
02-22-2006, 05:19 PM
Originally posted by canadiandaytona
which engines?

1.8l or 2.0l. There will be a Turbo 2.4l coming in the SRT soon.

RUQUIKR
02-22-2006, 05:21 PM
Originally posted by Redlyne_mr2
Yeah we should have one or 2 of them at the autoshow this year. They are pretty cool little vehicles, RUQUIKR what dealer are you with? Ill be pulling a few shifts during the event, maybe Ill see you there.

I believe we have 16 in alot in Calgary but can't bring them to the Dealer till Dodge releases the product in Canada. I sell for Eastside Dodge and I'll definetly be putting in some shifts at the autoshow. What dealer do you sell for?

Redlyne_mr2
02-22-2006, 05:54 PM

I believe we have 16 in alot in Calgary but can't bring them to the Dealer till Dodge releases the product in Canada. I sell for Eastside Dodge and I'll definetly be putting in some shifts at the autoshow. What dealer do you sell for?
Oh right on you work with Jason, I work for head office on the finance side.

MarX
02-22-2006, 06:50 PM
On another note I got to check a pre production Jeep Grand Cherokee SRT-8, pretty sick for a SUV.

On that note that thing is a disgrace, it looks almost exactly like a magnum. Why bother putting the jeep name on a stupid wagon? I mean yeah cool it has a nice engine but Jeep used to mean something now its just pussified.

RUQUIKR
02-22-2006, 07:06 PM
Originally posted by MarX

On that note that thing is a disgrace, it looks almost exactly like a magnum. Why bother putting the jeep name on a stupid wagon? I mean yeah cool it has a nice engine but Jeep used to mean something now its just pussified.

I think you are confused it is Jeep Grand cherokee with Rims, body kit, custom interior and a 6.1l Hemi. I believe you are refering to the DODGE Caliber.

Goblin
02-22-2006, 07:15 PM
"detachable standard flashlight,"

BMWS from 92 onwards have this haha ;)

Sounds interesting, how was the feel, handling etc?

RUQUIKR
02-22-2006, 08:13 PM
Felt good, handling is tight with very little feedback in the steering on rough terain. It actually feels very sturdy and extremly exceptional for a entry level vehicle.