PDA

View Full Version : Black Newer Talon

ConVict
03-13-2003, 11:35 PM
To all the people at Drag Wars. There were two black talons that was at the event, and dragged during the street racing thing. One of them was an older guy, and the other guy was around 18 or so... I was wondering if he had anything done to his car or what he ran in the 1/4 ?
I saw him on deerfoot today and the turbo and blow-off valve sounded pretty damn loud...

And to the owner if you're on here... Man what happened ?

CLiVE
03-13-2003, 11:45 PM
One of the guys at Drag wars was DSM power on here. The other one I think is from BC, it is black with a CF hood. I know of a 3rd black one around town also, that is BPU with a greddy BOV.

The one you saw wasn't DSM power b/c his is put away for winter.

-R

ConVict
03-13-2003, 11:46 PM
He lives in the south I know that, and he had white rims on it just prior to winter rolling around...

and ya, its the guy with the OEM CF hood

nismodrifter
03-14-2003, 12:02 AM
konig tantrums with black cf hood??

ConVict
03-14-2003, 12:04 AM
if they are white... then yes

Fuji
03-14-2003, 12:24 AM
Originally posted by ConVict
He lives in the south I know that, and he had white rims on it just prior to winter rolling around...

and ya, its the guy with the OEM CF hood

OEM CF hood? doesn't OEM mean Original Equipment Manufacturer? I don't think that talons come stock with carbon fibre hoods!

Illusionsir
03-14-2003, 12:35 AM
OEM CF hood means the hood is replicated in carbon fibre. the difference is that their are no extra vents or anything on the hood just the stock hood in CF format. too plan if you ask me.

ConVict
03-14-2003, 10:18 AM
Anyone know his mods ? or remember looking under his hood when he was at drag wars ?

Canadian 2.5RS
03-14-2003, 10:43 AM
Originally posted by Fuji

OEM CF hood? doesn't OEM mean Original Equipment Manufacturer? I don't think that talons come stock with carbon fibre hoods!

i think youre right. oem style CF hood would've been the apropriate term i believe.

Ben
03-14-2003, 11:00 AM
I think I saw that guy on deerfoot almost a month ago, we had some fun.

Melinda
03-14-2003, 12:21 PM
Originally posted by memystealthandi
One of the guys at Drag wars was DSM power on here..

The one you saw wasn't DSM power b/c his is put away for winter.

-R

Yeah I was with Tom (DSM Power) at drag warz, he was the "older guy" that Convict posted about...lol :) . A little off topic but speaking of Tom, where the heck has he been these days???

Melinda

CLiVE
03-15-2003, 01:12 AM
Originally posted by Melinda

Yeah I was with Tom (DSM Power) at drag warz, he was the "older guy" that Convict posted about...lol :) . A little off topic but speaking of Tom, where the heck has he been these days???

Melinda

haha, he's around. I just talked to him the other night. He was away on business for a while.

CRX crazy
03-15-2003, 03:16 PM
the guy your all talking about is my friend brad. He lives in mckenzie and he has bc plates yes i'll ask him what his 1/4 times are, i know his car is pretty quick but he got beat out by one of our other friends who drives a black maxima at drag warz in the semi finals. I'll get his mods and post them for ya as soon as i talk to him next

ConVict
03-15-2003, 04:30 PM
Thanks Buddy :thumbsup:

95TsiAWD
03-16-2003, 11:28 AM
So what's the big import race event for this year? I got a little sumthin' to bring out ;)

ConVict
03-16-2003, 01:39 PM
There is acually TONS coming this summer, I really want to head up to edmonton for the dragging event. and V8less is going to have a couple I assume, along with a bunch of big named ones just happening to stop by calgary

dsm69
03-16-2003, 07:46 PM
Originally posted by 95TsiAWD
So what's the big import race event for this year? I got a little sumthin' to bring out ;)

any new mods blake? you still runnin that old 16g?

95TsiAWD
03-16-2003, 09:52 PM
http://saskdsm.computica.net/images/blake/thumb.htm
There is a little bit of work going on ;)

nismodrifter
03-16-2003, 10:06 PM
I used to work with brad when he had that cavalier, his talon is pretty nice, guy with the maxima used to hang around with him, that car is nice as well

crx crazy: what color is your car?

dsm69
03-16-2003, 10:20 PM
are you bringing out your talon to race city this year. id love to see you get a good run this year. see if you can post a 12sec at 3500ft??????

CRX crazy
03-17-2003, 01:17 AM
Originally posted by nismodrifter

crx crazy: what color is your car?

yellow, why do i know you??

nismodrifter
03-17-2003, 01:27 AM
nah

95TsiAWD
03-17-2003, 08:25 AM
Originally posted by dsm69
are you bringing out your talon to race city this year. id love to see you get a good run this year. see if you can post a 12sec at 3500ft??????
Should be easy enough. Had a bunch of 13.2s the last secret street of the year. Running in spetember/october doesn't help the times. Track is too cold to get decent traction, even with AWD.

DSM Power
03-18-2003, 09:05 PM
Originally posted by Melinda

LOL, older every year that goes by! :tongue: But glad to see I haven't been forgotten, heh heh.

Ah well, yes it was me vs. the "young" guy from B.C. There are a bunch of black 2G Talons running around the city, I only know a few of them. The one with the Greddy BOV just got sold so who knows where it is now. :dunno:

Don't mind me, I've been busy dreaming of ways to keep up with where Blake and Shane were two years ago... :rolleyes: :tongue:

RGAGT
03-18-2003, 09:50 PM
Hey Tom good to see another old guy still kicking around :D

95TsiAWD
03-18-2003, 10:17 PM
Originally posted by DSM Power

Don't mind me, I've been busy dreaming of ways to keep up with where Blake and Shane were two years ago... :rolleyes: :tongue:
Where I was two years ago.... oh yeah 14.9. Stock. :D
Don't worry buddy, a little hot weather and some serious drivetrain abuse and you'll be there :thumbsup:
Or just do what I do, go to the bank and let them fund your next round of mods :clap: