PDA

View Full Version : Big British Heist

knowtheledge
02-22-2006, 06:03 PM
This shit is crazy, what a payday. $50 million CDN!

Gang pulls off huge British bank heist
JENNIFER QUINN

Associated Press

London — A gang of armed robbers impersonating police officers tied up employees at a southern England security company and stole the equivalent of $43.5-million (U.S.), the Bank of England said Wednesday in disclosing one of the largest bank heists in British history.

The money, about £25-million in bank notes, was stolen overnight from a cash centre at Tonbridge in Kent county, a bank spokesman said on condition of anonymity, according to bank policy.

No one was injured in the robbery.

The heist at Securitas Cash Management Ltd. began when some of the thieves, dressed as police officers, stopped the firm's manager as he drove home. The manager got into their car, which he believed to be a police vehicle, and was handcuffed by the robbers, authorities said.

At the same time, another team of thieves went to the manager's house, saying he had been in an accident. The men convinced his wife and young son to leave the home and go with them.

The first team, with the manager in the car, met up with a white van and another group of thieves. The manager was placed in the van, which then headed toward the Tonbridge depot, police said.

The manager allegedly was told to co-operate or his family would be hurt.

Some of the robbers then changed clothes, donned balaclavas to cover their faces and brandished handguns before entering the security company and tying up 15 staff members on duty, police said. The thieves were inside the building for more than an hour.

Detective Superintendent Paul Gladstone said he believed the robbery was planned down to the last detail.

turbotrip
02-22-2006, 06:17 PM
haha sounds like some oceans 11 shit

ca2p3r
02-22-2006, 06:19 PM
sweet :thumbsup:

B20EF
02-22-2006, 06:35 PM
Thats awesome, must have taken a long time to plan

Goblin
02-22-2006, 07:11 PM
Very well done, and sounds like they got away with it.

Hopefully //AMG will tell us how long it took him to plan :devil:

cman
02-22-2006, 08:48 PM
hahahaha that would be quite the trip for him, but if it was him, I can't wait to see his new AMG or AMGs

Lexxan
02-22-2006, 08:55 PM
fuckin A!!! those guys own

Foz
02-22-2006, 09:09 PM
What do you expect when you arm your police with billy clubs..

:guns:

5hift
02-22-2006, 09:34 PM
I was watching on BBC that they suspect its the same crew that was responsible for stealing 50 million from a Bank in Belfast a little while ago.

slick2404
02-22-2006, 09:49 PM
Reminds me of that new movie commin out with Clive Owen and Denzel, cant remeber the name sometin about a perfect bank robbery....insane!

civic_stylez
02-22-2006, 10:00 PM
that big heist in belfast was the irish republican army and its more than likely that this one was too... my cousin is the head defense lawyer for the IRA and some of the planning that the IRA has done for thier heists is amazing, theyve stolen thousands of guns right out of british armories and the befast heist was the motherload of it all.. they only caught 1 guy for the whole thing and my cousin represents him...

Freestylin
02-22-2006, 10:04 PM
reminds me of a recent movie i have seen called Firewall.

crazydriver
02-22-2006, 10:33 PM
insane, those guys were prepared without a doubt

Chester
02-22-2006, 10:34 PM
Originally posted by Freestylin
reminds me of a recent movie i have seen called Firewall.

Exactly, the family and everything.

blueripper6
02-23-2006, 12:02 AM
Thats fucking insane.. reminds me of drunken nights trying to plan our own oceans 11 shit with friends.. HAHA

knowtheledge
02-23-2006, 12:02 AM
Originally posted by civic_stylez
that big heist in belfast was the irish republican army and its more than likely that this one was too... my cousin is the head defense lawyer for the IRA and some of the planning that the IRA has done for thier heists is amazing, theyve stolen thousands of guns right out of british armories and the befast heist was the motherload of it all.. they only caught 1 guy for the whole thing and my cousin represents him...

Thats nuts how your cousin is representing them? Does that mean hes 'with' them? They still considered terrorists or are they off the list?

Hakkola
02-23-2006, 12:35 AM
Crazy, props to the burglers. It sounds terrible, and I don't agree with robbing banks, but if you can walk away with that much money, without physically hurting anyone, that is impressive.

/////AMG
02-23-2006, 01:49 AM
Originally posted by Goblin
Very well done, and sounds like they got away with it.

Hopefully //AMG will tell us how long it took him to plan :devil:

I don't know what your talking about!! But I've decided to leave england, erm... it was just getting boring.
It feels like I just robbed a bank, thats how tired I am. G'night!

Damn this heist was $7 million more than the one in '04. So close!!

djayz
02-23-2006, 06:17 AM
wow thats a nice big pay off
and yes its good to hear no one was hurt or killed but it sucks to hear that so much money of innocent people was stolen

/////AMG
02-23-2006, 06:23 AM
^ They'll get it back from the banks.

shakalaka
02-23-2006, 07:21 AM
Nice...i just recently watched a movie that had some pretty similar shit. Also movie was based in England as well...thats awesome eh.
I will listening to the news this morning and heard about the 40 million robbery..i was like WOAH...thats exactly what they stole in the movie too!!! Fukin scared me there for a bit.

sputnik
02-23-2006, 08:23 AM
Sounds like a new Guy Ritchie movie.

gen2teggy
02-23-2006, 08:28 AM
what were they armed wit?

Xtrema
02-23-2006, 09:13 AM
They'll do something stupid and get caught spending it.

afrotl
02-23-2006, 06:38 PM
seems like they arrestred 2 people now

http://www.mytelus.com/news/article.do?pageID=cbc/world_home&articleID=2180197

civic_stylez
02-23-2006, 06:46 PM
Originally posted by knowtheledge

Thats nuts how your cousin is representing them? Does that mean hes 'with' them? They still considered terrorists or are they off the list?

he is a human rights lawer and he basically states that if the person or people that are presumed guilty of a crime, they should not be detained or treated differently without significant evidence and the "possibility" that they belong to the IRA. he is not "with" them but he does represent them and it does make him one of the most recognized and highest paid lawyers in ireland. when we do visit ireland, you get to hear some amazing stories... as for if the IRA are terrorists, it depends who you ask...;)

afrotl
02-25-2006, 03:29 AM
update

http://www.mytelus.com/news/article.do?pageID=world_home&articleID=2181698&lid=hp3

95EagleAWD
02-25-2006, 06:16 PM
They'll get caught... they always do.

Just like my ex-buddy down in Leduc... :banghead: