PDA

View Full Version : Do you believe in Karma?

Foz
02-22-2006, 09:17 PM
Any personal experiences anyone wish to share?

Definition : The total effect of a person's actions and conduct during the successive phases of person's existence, regarded as determining the person's destiny.

Nutshell - You do good things to others, good things happen to you. You do bad things to others, bad things happen to you.

Or do you think it's just coincidence when things happen whether it's good or bad luck?

I believe in Karma.

dieselpower91
02-22-2006, 09:23 PM
I believe in Karma!

I know of a few cases first hand where "bad" people have gotten it in the end.. :thumbsup:

stevieo
02-22-2006, 09:24 PM
man i live and die by karma.

all the little shit stunts i pulled when i was younger are now slowly coming back to me as bad luck and shit happens.

i used to go around causing trouble and wrecking shit, now people hit and run my car and shit. haha I think i deserve it though..

so hence why im being a 'nice' guy now. :D

lastprodigy
02-22-2006, 09:26 PM
Im waiting for karma to punish many people who have wronged me/my family.

JordanEG6
02-22-2006, 09:29 PM
I believe in Karma because my life is the epitome of KARMA.

I once laughed at some idiot in a chevy blazer who rear ended some lady in a sunfire. i laughed so hard because it was CLEAR AS DAY and it happened in light traffic. this happened when i was working at Budget rent a car.

litterally, the next week my cousin borrowed my car for the day. i was driving back from downtown to our macleod location and i see a tow truck with a Civic JUST LIKE MINE. i looked closer at it and it had my plate. and i freaked so me and co-worker (at the time, IntegraG2) followed the truck to the impound off macleod and lo and behold, its mine. and i get a call from my cousin saying what had happened. shiittty

xin
02-22-2006, 09:32 PM
I believe in karma. What goes around comes around.

Xtrema
02-22-2006, 09:35 PM
No.

Life is just a random perpetual cycles of good and bad. You can call it karma but I'll bet you that even if you do a life of good deed, bad stuff will happen.

But at least if you do good, you can die in peace.

EK 2.0
02-22-2006, 09:40 PM
Don't you all watch "My Name is Earl"??

thursdays...NBC...haha...

I believe in it...kinda hard not to when you are brown...and it's a part of your culture...haha

anyone
02-22-2006, 09:44 PM
I do believe in Karma, but on a more physics and psychological level I think that your perception and expectations partially dictate your experiences.

I have been holding people up my whole life and taken constant beatings along the way, just in the last few months the people I support have sorted themselves out and I got my stolen MX3 back which I had no theft insurance on. I hope this is the start of my changing luck; I do believe it is partially due to my banked Karma.

slick2404
02-22-2006, 09:47 PM
:werd:^ best show ever!!! next to seinfeild of course.

One old asian lady told me a long time at at work, when i used to forge hours n get extra cash, that i would never ever see that money in my hands when i needed it. haha man that lady needs a nobel prize she was sooo right, made so much got nothin to show for it...if you earn it by hardwork, it'll definitly pay off.

sxtasy
02-22-2006, 10:33 PM
I believe in karma i guess, but not really in a superstitious sense. I think when one is doing bad things, they are obviously making poor choices, and "bad luck" is a result of poor choices.

elementone
02-22-2006, 10:57 PM
WHat comes around goes around :)

Goblin
02-22-2006, 11:12 PM
There should be a "dont know", as I dont know.

szw
02-22-2006, 11:24 PM
Carson Daly came up with the concept, so it must be true.

toyboy88
02-22-2006, 11:32 PM
Karma exists. :thumbsup:

l8braker
02-23-2006, 12:42 AM
yup, what goes around comes around.... maybe not today, or this year even. but it works :thumbsup:

Hakkola
02-23-2006, 12:49 AM
If I ever hear somebody who believes in karma say, "why do bad things happen to good people," I will eat their children.

/////AMG
02-23-2006, 01:38 AM
I don't really believe in it. But the saying is true.

Some right bastards can have all the luck they want, and vice versa.

I'm not too sure on Karma.

abyss
02-23-2006, 09:21 AM
I believe in karma.

heavyD
02-23-2006, 09:37 AM
I don't believe in Karma. I believe in situations you put yourself into and being in the right/wrong place at the right/wrong time. If there was such a thing as Karma, OJ Simpson would have been run over by a garbage truck years ago. Instead he's golfing every day and stealing satellite TV. If there was such a thing as Karma, Binny would have died from asphyxiation in a mountan cave. Instead he's hiding out most likely planning on how he can murder more innocent people in the name of his religion. If there was such a thing as Karma, Jean the Joke would be a victim in a car accident involving an Alberta truck in which he smashes his face, gets reconstructive surgery & speaks coherently thereafter. Instead he's got his feet up on the couch right now counting the stashes of money he stole from taxpayers.

No I do not believe in Karma.

eljefe
02-23-2006, 12:54 PM
Originally posted by heavyD
I don't believe in Karma. I believe in situations you put yourself into and being in the right/wrong place at the right/wrong time.

Thats part of what Karma is D, "The total effect of a persons actions during the succesive phases of a persons existence."

as for OJ and Jean.......well I guess there is good Karma and bad Karma....

Xtrema
02-23-2006, 01:01 PM
Originally posted by eljefe

Say I stole $10M and lived a good life til old age. Karma kill me in the worse possible way. What good is karma?

Karma is invented to comfort people when they can't retaliate when they are wronged.

bacchus
02-23-2006, 01:08 PM
Karma is Karma, good and bad just like luck

stevieo
02-23-2006, 01:11 PM
well if karma doesn't royally fuck you over, in my opinion it will eat your future/kids/family up.

xin
02-23-2006, 01:29 PM

Thats part of what Karma is D, "The total effect of a persons actions during the succesive phases of a persons existence."

Exactly. Just a matter of time till they get the shaft. When the Taber Myers High School shooting took place. Todd Smith was charged with one count of first-degree murder and two counts of attempted murder. The judge in the case refused the prosecutors' request to try Smith as an adult.

After Smith's arrest, a medical examination found he had a heart condition that required surgery. During the surgery, he suffered a stroke and went into a coma. After awakening from the coma, Smith had problems speaking and eating and suffered from diminished mental capacity

Thats karma at its finest.

heavyD
02-23-2006, 01:48 PM

That's the thing. There is no such thing as good or bad karma. Shit happens sometimes and there is nothing you can do about it. Karma is more of the acceptance that it was going to happen sooner or later because of previous actions which is wrong. Sometimes people get what's coming to them and sometimes they don't.

Many of the richest businessmen in the world have fucked over pretty well anyone they've worked with over the years to get where they are at. While the odd one gets caught in a scandal, most end up riding into the sunset with bags of cash happily ever after. Scum like Charles Manson, Paul Bernardo, & hundreds of others have been living relatively health existences since they've been committed of their crimes. If there was Karma they would have suffered severely as their victims did but they haven't and probably won't.

heavyD
02-23-2006, 01:52 PM
Originally posted by xin

Exactly. Just a matter of time till they get the shaft. When the Taber Myers High School shooting took place. Todd Smith was charged with one count of first-degree murder and two counts of attempted murder. The judge in the case refused the prosecutors' request to try Smith as an adult.

After Smith's arrest, a medical examination found he had a heart condition that required surgery. During the surgery, he suffered a stroke and went into a coma. After awakening from the coma, Smith had problems speaking and eating and suffered from diminished mental capacity

Thats karma at its finest.

That's not karma. A guy with a bad heart comitted an unspeakable crime. Even if he didn't commit the crime, he still had a bad ticker.

Darkane
02-23-2006, 02:08 PM
Originally posted by Hakkola
If I ever hear somebody who believes in karma say, "why do bad things happen to good people," I will eat their children.

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :burnout:

Sig worthy.

However Karma doesnt exist. The levels of luck is what people dont know how to determine.

Ex: lets say someone who was a good person day in day out got into a wicked car accident. The person came out in critical condition but is going to live. But its rough.

Now.. Lets say the person thought they had the worst luck with this accident. however some other person may have said wow im the luckiest person ever to not die.

Karma is almost measured. Just like luck. By the way Luck doesnt exist either. Life is what you make of it.

I hope that kinda made sense lol :burnout: <-- Love that!

bacchus
02-23-2006, 02:28 PM
Of course Karma exists, it exists in many ways.

for every event that occurs, there will follow another event whose existence was caused by the first, and this second event will be pleasant or unpleasant according as its cause was skillful or unskillful

We all know that events lead to other events, that negativity leads most often to more negativity as does kindness and good deeds often lead to more kindness and good deeds. Will it always happen? No. Are there exceptions to the rule? Yes.

Fate can intervene and interupt Karma, luck good or bad can reduce the impact or effect of Karma. But that does not mean Karma does not exist. Karma stripped down to its bare essence is "Cause and Effect" There will always be a cause and effect in everything we do, as there will always be Karma, you just need to understand what Karma actually means to understand Karma must exist.

heavyD
02-23-2006, 04:00 PM
Originally posted by bacchus
Of course Karma exists, it exists in many ways.

We all know that events lead to other events, that negativity leads most often to more negativity as does kindness and good deeds often lead to more kindness and good deeds. Will it always happen? No. Are there exceptions to the rule? Yes.

Fate can intervene and interupt Karma, luck good or bad can reduce the impact or effect of Karma. But that does not mean Karma does not exist. Karma stripped down to its bare essence is &quot;Cause and Effect&quot; There will always be a cause and effect in everything we do, as there will always be Karma, you just need to understand what Karma actually means to understand Karma must exist.

Too much Yoda talk in there for me. Cause & Effect is science not Karma.

doanashk
02-23-2006, 04:09 PM
I do believe in Karma by means of keeping balance. Not so much for anything but my own peace of mind. If I believe something is wrong and there will be a consequence then I am likely not to do it. And vice versa if I do something good and I know it will come back around to me, then I am more likely to do good things. Basic Human principles.

bacchus
02-23-2006, 04:23 PM

Too much Yoda talk in there for me. Cause &amp; Effect is science not Karma.

Life, science, Karma.....hey your getting warm you might actually figure it out :thumbsup:

finboy
02-23-2006, 04:27 PM
I don't believe in Karma. I believe in situations you put yourself into and being in the right/wrong place at the right/wrong time. If there was such a thing as Karma, OJ Simpson would have been run over by a garbage truck years ago. Instead he's golfing every day and stealing satellite TV. If there was such a thing as Karma, Binny would have died from asphyxiation in a mountan cave. Instead he's hiding out most likely planning on how he can murder more innocent people in the name of his religion. If there was such a thing as Karma, Jean the Joke would be a victim in a car accident involving an Alberta truck in which he smashes his face, gets reconstructive surgery &amp; speaks coherently thereafter. Instead he's got his feet up on the couch right now counting the stashes of money he stole from taxpayers.

No I do not believe in Karma.

Originally posted by Xtrema

Say I stole $10M and lived a good life til old age. Karma kill me in the worse possible way. What good is karma?

Karma is invented to comfort people when they can't retaliate when they are wronged.

:werd:

karma, lol, do you people believe in leprechauns too? :rofl:

~Leah~
02-23-2006, 04:34 PM
Originally posted by finboy

karma, lol, do you people believe in leprechauns too? :rofl:

Yes I do. Little ones riding around on green tricycles.

bacchus
02-23-2006, 04:35 PM
Originally posted by ~Leah~

Will you please share whats in that cup with me.......please :D

Foz
02-23-2006, 04:42 PM
^^^

Originally posted by ~Leah~

http://www.lafeeabsinthe.com/friends/assets/movies/roadtripabsinthe_320.jpg

Do cavaliers and civics count?

AD_Runner
02-23-2006, 04:46 PM
I do believe that what goes around comes around and i believe that sometimes what comes around makes a decision what others do in their lives. Bottom line is this, we make choices and no matter what we make them off of -- the past, present or future -- or things that have happened to us or not -- we make those choices rather good or bad and have to live with what we decide -- Just my thought!

heavyD
02-23-2006, 05:12 PM
Originally posted by bacchus

Life, science, Karma.....hey your getting warm you might actually figure it out :thumbsup:

Nope. I don't believe in the supernatural, gods, ghosts, heaven, hell, religion, cults. Problem with all that stuff is if you really believe in it you end up living a life dicated by others whether it be the bible, preacher, or whatever else. I only believe in what has been proven by science.

bacchus
02-23-2006, 05:28 PM

Nope. I don't believe in the supernatural, gods, ghosts, heaven, hell, religion, cults. Problem with all that stuff is if you really believe in it you end up living a life dicated by others whether it be the bible, preacher, or whatever else. I only believe in what has been proven by science.

That was my point, Karma isn't super natural or hocus pocus or religion. Karma is simply a reaction to how you treat others. Nothing more nothing less. You treat someone with respect and kindness it gets passed along. You berate someone and treat them like shit , they get cranky and usually end up taking the frustration out on someone else. ....usually , but not always. You do something nice for someone, chances are they will return the favour. Its just human nature, not supernatural hocus pocus religous bibble babble.

I think we are just looking at it in two different ways, I personally don't believe in supernatural, ghosts etc. either.

redec
02-23-2006, 06:46 PM
hahahah....wow....I can't believe how many people believe in karma....*shakes head*

I wish karma was real....then I could go around being a complete asshole to everyone I meet, and it would be ok because somehow they deserve it.

life is random....accept it

Sharpie
02-23-2006, 06:53 PM
Originally posted by redec
hahahah....wow....I can't believe how many people believe in karma....*shakes head*

I wish karma was real....then I could go around being a complete asshole to everyone I meet, and it would be ok because somehow they deserve it.

life is random....accept it
But then if karma was real wouldn't it come back to you??:rofl:

Also :werd: on the life being random, shit can happen to anyone at anytime it is just luck..

shakalaka
02-23-2006, 07:10 PM
What goes around...comes around!! It might be called Karma or whatever, but yea deffinately...you do bad shit..its gonna come back for you FOR SURE! Just can't get away with it.

Gondi Stylez
02-24-2006, 12:17 AM
Originally posted by shakalaka
What goes around...comes around!! It might be called Karma or whatever, but yea deffinately...you do bad shit..its gonna come back for you FOR SURE! Just can't get away with it.

frostyda9
02-24-2006, 11:08 PM
Karma is low maintenance religion for the realist :thumbsup:
I try and do what is right in every situation, and that's good enough for me.