PDA

View Full Version : Luxury/Performance Rides

AllGoNoShow
02-22-2006, 11:01 PM
Looking into the newer luxury/performance rides that have come out within the last few years. No I don't have the cash to buy a brand new car or a used car, it would be under financing of Beyond's Greg @ CMS. Yes I am going through with it, no I don't want to hear what you have to say about my financing, age, or reasons besides what I state.

Looking for something beastly but suttle to purchase and drive for awhile, reliable *for the most part*, tame, but wild. Yah I'm crazy.

Dad just bought a new 06 Acura TL, every option except navi for some reason *don't ask he wouldn't tell me why he absolutly didn't want it* and has got me looking into buying something new thats going to last a while that I can play with instead of used older stuff although I still like it.

Right now I'm tossing around the following...

Infiniti G35c

- Ample power stock
- Sexy Design
- Lots of aftermarket support
- Lots of features
- Comfy to sit in *haven't riden in one yet*
- Good longevity reviews so far, not many complaints from what I have seen

Chrysler 300c

- Big rawring V8
- Comfy to sit in and drive around in
- Lots of features
- Good aftermarket support
- Haven't heard of many displeased customers yet

BMW E39 (Either 540i or M5 if possible)

- Lots of power
- Very comfy
- Tons of features
- Hella good reliability
- Classy yet sexy design in my mind
- Lot sof aftermarket

Acura TL

- Good power for a 6
- Comfy and featurous
- Not overly expensive brand new
DOWNSIDE: Dad already has one, wouldn't mind making him jealous with something better ;)

Added:
Mercedes Benz CLK 55 AMG (brandon's baby) or E55 AMG

- Sounds mean
- Goes like stink
- Comfy and features
- Sexy styling
- Some aftermarket from what I could find right away

Looking for some other options around those arounds. I'd love ot get a ride in brandon's AMG *wink wink* because that would be hella fun to get to drive around in daily. Cruised and sat in it and listened to it but never driven, please so far.

Let me know guys, thanks for your help!

handsomebassman
02-22-2006, 11:04 PM
Infiniti. Parents have one, i used to own one, not one problem.

Stephen81
02-22-2006, 11:07 PM
I like the whole Luxury/Performance thing...I don't know too much about some of those cars you listed but drove the Chrysler for a while as a rental and I really got to like it. Loads and loads of room inside and no matter how many I see on the road it still catches my eye. Again, lots of potential for aftermarket parts. I was actually considering purchasing one but the 300C package with all the items I wanted just seemed too expensive to spend on a vehicle I felt would not hold it's value well enough.

BerserkerCatSplat
02-22-2006, 11:10 PM
I would go for the 300C. Good looks, Mercedes platform, Hemi engine - one heck of a package, especially for the relatively low price.

AllGoNoShow
02-22-2006, 11:13 PM
I'm not too worried about holding its value as of right now, although it is nice it is not necessary. If I go through with the financing w/ Greg it would be something to drive for atleast 3-4 years steady, daily, no major mods, no nothing until I could buy something else and pass this one off to wife or whomever, someone I wouldn't mind giving to for a sweet deal.

I know some people are always telling me, buy something that will hold its value so you can sell it and not loose so much. I just tell them I would rather buy something I fell inlove with and want to keep past the depreciation concern then buying something because it held its value well.

Stephen81
02-22-2006, 11:21 PM
Well if you're only planning on keeping for 3-4 years and not modifiying, I'd spend the least amount necessary...especially if you plan on selling it for a bargain. I'd still say the 300C...and although it's no comparison to the Hemi, the 3.5L V6 is still a great engine for the car....picking up a 300 Limited (AWD even) would still be a great purchase as you still get leather and all the nice options :thumbsup:

*edit* I don't know anything about the "financing through Greg" thing but unless it's a 4 year finance then the value of the vehicle will obviously be more important....I guess depending on what or if you still owe on the car you don't want to have any negative equity in it when you decide to sell.

finboy
02-22-2006, 11:24 PM
300 or e39 m5 would be my choice

AllGoNoShow
02-22-2006, 11:26 PM
No No I plan on modifiying, only minor for the first little bit, but i can't afford to be blowing trannys and diffs and axels and such while still paying for the car. Once the car is paid off on the other hand and I plan on going all out on it then giving it away absically for the amounn I will sink into it. Doesn't mean I want to cheap out on it right away though. I got a 3.5 in my boat right now and it isn't enough, Hemi or no go ;)

Basically if I were to buy a 300c, fall in love, keep it for 4-5-8-10 years, then great, if I bought a half assed 300 because I didn't think I would keep it that long, wasn't happy with the power, then I would sell it in less then 2 probably. Loosing alot more money on it instead of keeping it and using it. Make any sense?

AllGoNoShow
02-22-2006, 11:32 PM
Originally posted by stephen_haxton

*edit* I don't know anything about the "financing through Greg" thing but unless it's a 4 year finance then the value of the vehicle will obviously be more important....I guess depending on what or if you still owe on the car you don't want to have any negative equity in it when you decide to sell.

I plan on paying off the financing early or having it all their and just doing it anyways for the full term to help build my credit up. This is just kind of one of those building block to credits while still having somethign hot to boot around in cause I won't be in debt as it won't be totally outragous.

Stephen81
02-22-2006, 11:32 PM
Completely haha, from your previous post it didn't sound like you planned on keeping it that long. When I bought the car of my dreams (the Celica) I honestly thought I'd have it for the rest of my life, but that didn't happen. With the advancements in technology and performance I'd have a tough time sticking with the same car for more than six or seven years but even if you bought something new several years from now and kept the Chrysler I can see how having the 300C would make a lot more sense. Make sure you take a test drive in the SRT-8 though too :bigpimp:

mac_82
02-22-2006, 11:35 PM
IS300?

Acura TSX (def. not as nice as the TL, but cheaper)

:dunno:

My Dad has a TL too, with every option but the navi, damn I love that car.

AllGoNoShow
02-22-2006, 11:35 PM
300c SRT-8 is out of my price range I bet, no matter how much Greg trys ;)

I talked to the owner of one while I was rebalancing his wheels becuase thye were shimming a little at 160mph *drool* and they are a little on the pricey side of life from what he said. Although I'd love to get my hands on one.

AllGoNoShow
02-22-2006, 11:36 PM
TSX more sporty luxury, then luxury performance if you get my drift. More worried about how comfy it is then how fast it goes as I can make it go faster later if Im not satisfied. I think I like the TL's styling over the TSX as well.

IS300 now their is an option, going to look into that.

Stephen81
02-22-2006, 11:38 PM
IMO the 300 is going to look timeless years from now....I can see myself picking up my grandkids from school in one of those, 40 years from now...but mine will have a "hover" mod by then, who knows haha.

BerserkerCatSplat
02-22-2006, 11:41 PM
Remember that the 300C also has the variable displacement system, so it's good on gas as well!

civic_stylez
02-22-2006, 11:42 PM
lexus is defintely one to look into and greg can tell you all about the is300 as hes had one.. they are an awesome car and fit in with what your looking for.

AllGoNoShow
02-22-2006, 11:47 PM
Berker do you happen to know if their is much of a delay when you punch it for that variable shit to change back all cylinders? I don't mind running4 of the 8 if it changes back within the second, and I have a way to override. but I don't want to be the slowest ride around because I have to wait for the stupid system to kick back into its place.

Thanks civic_stylez, might have to bug him about that :)

jcrules99
02-22-2006, 11:53 PM
i drove the 300c at work...

pimp shit hahaha gotta love the hemi too, cuz the normal 300's are good but the hemi just tops it off lol

max_boost
02-23-2006, 12:07 AM
CLK55 AMG!

Are you ready for a Benz? :D

90s_tuner
02-23-2006, 12:35 AM
Originally posted by AllGoNoShow

then how is an M5 considered? it costs way more... If you could get it, I would suggest the M5. That car is insane.

Hakkola
02-23-2006, 12:43 AM
Originally posted by max_boost
CLK55 AMG!

Are you ready for a Benz? :D

:werd:

I believe that CLK's have the best resale value out of pretty much every vehicle on the road. Can't remember where I read that, but if it's true, then it's not a bad way to go. Good looks, lots of power, great ride. :thumbsup:

I got to drive one when I worked at Mercedes and I fell in love with it. :love:

MIWYFSHOTTER
02-23-2006, 12:55 AM
I'm going to have to side with the Hyundai Accent.

s3v3n
02-23-2006, 12:56 AM
m5 hands down if you can... 2nd is the amg.
otherwise ive always liked the 540i. keep in mind modding a car like that is $$$$$. actually, modding any of the cars listed is expensive as hell.

however, the g35 coupe is very sexy, although not as practical as the sedans.

lastprodigy
02-23-2006, 12:58 AM
getting yourself a 60K loan for an M5?:rolleyes:

jaysas_63
02-23-2006, 01:22 AM
i'd deff. go with the clk55, or E55, depending on if you want a pimp sedan, or pimp coupe....all of your other choices don't even come close to those two...

but are you sure you want to do something like this.....it sounds outrageously short sighted to take out a huge loan to buy a car.....big mistake IMO, but hey thats non of my business:thumbsup:

BerserkerCatSplat
02-23-2006, 01:28 AM
Seriously, don't break the bank splurging on a Mercedes! Yeah, they're great cars - but they don't come cheap, and maintenance on a used Benz is no cheap walk in the park - Hakkola can attest to that! The 300C is a much more economical option. It may not carry the propeller badge, but it's build on a Mercedes platform and is much, MUCH more reasonable price-wise.

Benzes are sweet, but don't do anything too crazy! I'd get a Jaguar before I dropped the mad cash on a Mercedes. But, then again, I'm a shameless Jaguar fan. :D

AllGoNoShow
02-23-2006, 07:47 AM
For everyone who started the bandwagon of the M5/Money bashing, read the first post over. 540i can be modded to be a hella quick and take out M3's, if you read what it says after the 540i part then yes, I would like an M5 but its not like I limited my E39 buying options to an M5.

Also been looking at some of Deetz favorites Lexus', going to look over some reviews tonight too but the GS aren't too bad looking.

thinmyster
02-23-2006, 09:06 AM
did it say somewhere in your post you have a wife?

HRD2PLZ
02-23-2006, 09:16 AM
I would stay away from the TL, doesn't really compare to the others you listed. I definitely wouldn't buy another Acura, they want to portray the prestige of a luxury vehicle but don't back it up with the quality or service.

Benz is always a good choice, more money though.

bituerbo
02-23-2006, 09:22 AM
Might be a lot less than you're looking to spend... but check out the Audi S4.

I'm biased but if you're looking for a performance oriented sports sedan that's chock full of luxury you can't do much better. A chip alone will get you 300+hp and 360-380ft lbs. You have awd for winter driving, and she points like a motherfucker.

Also, I think the build quality of the Chrysler will bother you since you're already used to German vehicles.

When I was a bit younger, I bought myself a 4cyl mazda mx-6.
A year later... wanting a change... I went out and bought myself a 6cyl mx-6. I then realized there wasn't any change at all. The reason I bring this up, is that if you're looking for something different than your current ride, you might not want to consider sticking with another 5-series.

I have heard good things about the G35, and I've always felt you never get what you pay for with a Mercedes. The Acura is FWD... and if you're looking for something performance oriented... don't get a FWD vehicle.

Good luck, and remember this is just my $0.02

bigboom
02-23-2006, 10:16 AM
id get the IS300...but then again im biased, i was debating on getting rid of mine for a while but i think i just liek the car too much, its not a great winter car but it will definetly get you around...but thena gain i wouldnt really call the IS300 a luxury sedan, but that might just be me since i have a cloth interior and no sunroof.

the_fornicator
02-23-2006, 10:20 AM
G35 all the way. best bang for the buck. seriously. what other car can come close to it's luxury, style, performance and comfort for it's price?

I sat in one of the new ones and I seriously fell in love.

jesus christ those thigns are nice.

QuasarCav
02-23-2006, 10:28 AM
Holy Fuck!

It's your life and all but dont be an idiot an finance a car that you cannot afford. I do not know you very well but selling of parts to afford an alternator replacement doesn't look to good when financing a luxury/performance vehicle could cost you well over 1000 a month just to drive the thing, not to mention gas, repairs, horrible depreciaton.

See all these guys with nice cars in their profiles?..... Most of them are their parents.

ZorroAMG
02-23-2006, 10:35 AM
Hey, it's his life, let him fuck it up on his own.....

pr0
02-23-2006, 12:33 PM
The M5 has 500 break horsepower. Definitely a fine piece of machinery.

89coupe
02-23-2006, 12:37 PM
I think the best bang for the buck right now is the new Mazda Speed 6 Turbocharged AWD

Max. output 274 HP @ 5,500 rpm
Max. torque 280 lb. ft. @ 3,000 rpm

Under $40K

Show me another vehicle out there that can offer this kind of performance for that price?

90s_tuner
02-23-2006, 12:38 PM
Originally posted by 89coupe
I think the best bang for the buck right now is the new Mazda Speed 6 Turbocharged AWD

Under $40K

Show me another vehicle out there that can offer this kind of performance for that price?

Agreed but he wants luxury that screams money!

89coupe
02-23-2006, 12:43 PM
Originally posted by 90s_tuner

Agreed but he wants luxury that screams money!

Sounds to me like he's on a bit of a budget. The Mazdaspeed 6 is a nice looking car, 4 doors, AWD, Turbocharged.

Looks pretty stylish to me.

http://www.mazdausa.com/MusaWeb/images/vehicles/gallery/MS6/pho_gallery_MS6_ext1.jpg
http://www.mazdausa.com/MusaWeb/images/vehicles/gallery/MS6/pho_gallery_MS6_ext9.jpg
http://www.mazdausa.com/MusaWeb/images/vehicles/gallery/MS6/pho_gallery_MS6_int4.jpg http://www.mazdausa.com/MusaWeb/images/vehicles/gallery/MS6/pho_gallery_MS6_int5.jpg

lastprodigy
02-23-2006, 12:47 PM
Originally posted by pr0
The M5 has 500 break horsepower. Definitely a fine piece of machinery.

lol youre a tool...its "brake" hp and btw he said E39 M5....394bhp

Hakkola
02-23-2006, 12:47 PM
I have to say one thing, I'm not bashing you or anything, but if you're planning on going to university or college don't do this.

I put so much money into my car I could have put a decent down payment into a house or condo or invested, and now I'm regretting it because I'm just barely making more money than my cost of living requires because school has limited the jobs I can take, plus I need time for studying etc...

If you want to pay 60 grand for a car go for it, but it's not the best decision.

Especially since you're only what, 17, or 18? You sure you want those huge payments hanging over your head at such a young age, because that will severely hand cuff you if you decide to change what you want to do with your life.

Then there's insurance, which on an M5 or AMG is going to be pretty high.

That said, if you still want to do it, go for it, but I'd spend max 30 grand if you plan to stay in school.

pr0
02-23-2006, 12:50 PM
Originally posted by lastprodigy

lol youre a tool...its "brake" hp and btw he said E39 M5....394bhp

Oh shit I spelled "brake" wrong... I'm a tool...

(Either 540i or M5 if possible)

Financing a used car is the stupidest thing ever as well. I did not notice that the E39 would be a used car.

QuasarCav
02-23-2006, 12:57 PM
Okey here we go:

40,000 financed over 5 years with the vehicle named as the collateral on the loan = maybe 7-10% if you are lucky.

So you pay 820.66 a month based on 8.5%
You end up paying about 50,000 over the 5 years for the car.

In 2010 you 40,000 car is now worth say 25,000.

You lost 25K over 5 years.

820.66 Loan
400.00 Insurance, Full coverage is mandatory and I'm guessing you are about 17 so you WILL get raped.

160 Gas
50 Maintenence, low average over a year

Your car costs you about 1400 a month.

I pay that a month for a mortage. car payment, utils, groceries, insurance.

pr0
02-23-2006, 01:03 PM
yea you have to be pretty set because that car will rape you unless you are making like 4-5k a month. Definitely listen to Quasar, its the smarter decision. If you want the car though, M5 all the way!

89coupe
02-23-2006, 01:11 PM
This reminds me of an old post I made about people leveraging themselves to the hilt and living paycheck to paycheck.

LOL...here is a great scenario, you meet some nice girl and she see's your sweet ride and she's thinking to herself, "wow this guy has got it made". Then she suggests going back to your place only to see that you live in some shit bag apartment and all thats in your cupboards is a box of expired Kraft Dinner...LOL

So much for getting laid..hahaha.:rofl:

kane584
02-23-2006, 01:12 PM
honda prelude is the way to go .......... ( for me anyway ) :)

t-im
02-23-2006, 01:14 PM
keep dreaming...

you scrounged so much just to get a 17 year old 735il, and you're gonna jump to a 40-50g car????

RIGHT.

I don't need to repeat what other posters have already said.

RUQUIKR
02-23-2006, 01:15 PM

I talked to the owner of one while I was rebalancing his wheels becuase thye were shimming a little at 160mph *drool* and they are a little on the pricey side of life from what he said. Although I'd love to get my hands on one.

I have one in my showroom right now. Just so you know:thumbsup:

89coupe
02-23-2006, 01:19 PM
Originally posted by RUQUIKR

I have one in my showroom right now. Just so you know:thumbsup:

You own a car dealership?

bigboom
02-23-2006, 01:29 PM

Under $40K

loosk good on paper but LOTS of problems with power loss, whether it is ECU based, heat soak or the fact that to get the advertised power you need to run 93 octane gas...if it wasnt for these problems that are rampant with this car id have sold my IS for it already :)

RUQUIKR
02-23-2006, 02:08 PM

You own a car dealership?

I wish! Sorry, I misreprensted that a bit, I sell for a store that has one in the showroom.

me&you
02-23-2006, 02:22 PM
I've driven all of the cars you listed in the last month. Without question, the one car that is above the rest would be the E39 M5. Luckily, I got to drive it short term and didn't have to pay the bills! (can you say $2500 brakes?)

All of the cars you listed only seem to have one thing in common: price. There are different engines, levels of prestige, age, etc. Try and narrow it down a little to weed-out some of the "not so worthy" choices. Also, if you're looking in this price range, why not a 01ish M3 or 04ish S4?

CLiVE
02-23-2006, 02:28 PM
Originally posted by Hakkola
I have to say one thing, I'm not bashing you or anything, but if you're planning on going to university or college don't do this.

I put so much money into my car I could have put a decent down payment into a house or condo or invested, and now I'm regretting it because I'm just barely making more money than my cost of living requires because school has limited the jobs I can take, plus I need time for studying etc...

If you want to pay 60 grand for a car go for it, but it's not the best decision.

Especially since you're only what, 17, or 18? You sure you want those huge payments hanging over your head at such a young age, because that will severely hand cuff you if you decide to change what you want to do with your life.

Then there's insurance, which on an M5 or AMG is going to be pretty high.

That said, if you still want to do it, go for it, but I'd spend max 30 grand if you plan to stay in school.

Listen to this advice....
Put your money into something that will make you money, not cost you money.

TurboTEGRA
02-23-2006, 02:37 PM
Lexus is300!! Do it

/////AMG
02-23-2006, 03:03 PM
:eek: You want to finance a new car? Dunno what to say.

I wouldn't do it, but thats me. And like you said, you don't want any bashing.
If I were in your place and I had my eye on one of those cars, it would be the E55. Possible the CLK55 just because of resale value. Those are the cars I would fall in love with.

89coupe
02-23-2006, 03:33 PM
Originally posted by bigboom

loosk good on paper but LOTS of problems with power loss, whether it is ECU based, heat soak or the fact that to get the advertised power you need to run 93 octane gas...if it wasnt for these problems that are rampant with this car id have sold my IS for it already :)

Well duh, why would use a lower octane if it asks for 93???

I have a few buddies who have taken it for a test drive and they say the power is awesome for what it is.

Weapon_R
02-23-2006, 03:36 PM
I'd opt for an older Lexus if I were you. Reliability can't be beat and the quality of those cars is unmatched. IS300?

5hift
02-23-2006, 03:46 PM
I know you said you didnt want to see any bashing, but if that was the case you shouldnt have posted on Beyond.

Going into a huge debt at a young age and becoming a slave to your car isnt worth turning a few heads and impressing a few girls. It makes no sense for a guy in your financial situation and at your age to be going so far out of budget for a car.

I know you want a luxury car that screams money, but maybe wait until you actually have some? :dunno:

max_boost
02-23-2006, 03:49 PM
If it wasn't for cars, I would have paid down my mortgage by at least $100k or build my portfolio up by that amount. I bet most of the car nuts on here can say the same thing.

AllGoNoShow, unless if you have lots of $$$ that none of us know about, better think this one through real good.

///|ndy
02-23-2006, 03:51 PM
Originally posted by 5hift
I know you said you didnt want to see any bashing, but if that was the case you shouldnt have posted on Beyond.

Going into a huge debt at a young age and becoming a slave to your car isnt worth turning a few heads and impressing a few girls. It makes no sense for a guy in your financial situation and at your age to be going so far out of budget for a car.

I know you want a luxury car that screams money, but maybe wait until you actually have some? :dunno:

Why would you become a slave to a car? Just so you can pretend you have money? Pretty lame.
There are plenty of car within your realistic budged that could be tons of fun.

lastprodigy
02-23-2006, 03:54 PM
I was waiting for your response haha ;)

me&you
02-23-2006, 04:01 PM
Originally posted by max_boost
If it wasn't for cars, I would have paid down my mortgage by at least $100k or build my portfolio up by that amount. I bet most of the car nuts on here can say the same thing.

AllGoNoShow, unless if you have lots of $$$ that none of us know about, better think this one through real good.

I suppose this can be filed under "do as I say, not as I do"?

$100k heh? on a appreciating asset vs a depreciating liability.

HEY EVERYONE, LOOK AT THIS GUY AND DON'T DO WHAT HE DOES!

benyl
02-23-2006, 04:02 PM
Hyundai Accent for the win.

Seriously, if you are doing this to build credit, do with something cheap. Or refinance your 7 series to build the credit.

If you can't afford an SRT8, you have no business talking about any of the cars you listed, new or used. The SRT8 is one of the cheaper cars you listed... CLK55, E55, M5... you are looking at big bucks.

A new G35C is the same price or more than an SRT8.

me&you
02-23-2006, 04:04 PM
Originally posted by benyl
Hyundai Accent for the win.

Seriously, if you are doing this to build credit, do with something cheap. Or refinance your 7 series to build the credit.

If you can't afford an SRT8, you have no business talking about any of the cars you listed, new or used. The SRT8 is one of the cheaper cars you listed... CLK55, E55, M5... you are looking at big bucks.

A new G35C is the same price or more than an SRT8.

Comparably equipped, the SRT8 is a little more...

max_boost
02-23-2006, 04:13 PM
Originally posted by me&you

I suppose this can be filed under "do as I say, not as I do"?

$100k heh? on a appreciating asset vs a depreciating liability.

HEY EVERYONE, LOOK AT THIS GUY AND DON'T DO WHAT HE DOES! Yah it doesn't take much for it to add up, I guess not all of it was a waste since the car itself, gas, insurance is a given, unless if you want to take the bus :D

I'm referring to my 6+years of lease payments and car mods and after all that, I still don't own a car and have nothing to show for it. It belongs to the bank!:rofl: :rofl:

Now can you imagine all those payments in a 10% returns every year PPP in a diversified portfolio? Dollar cost averaging would own you, you take it out now and buy your CLK with cash :D But we live in the moment.

brandon
02-23-2006, 04:39 PM
I would love to have another CLK55 owner on this site but let's be realistic.

Average cost of a 2002 CLK 55 AMG $55,000 - $65,000 (alberta pricing)

Gas - On average about $50 every day or two.
Maintence - Service B's are about $350 and need to be done every month or two.

Insurance - I am under 25 and I get raped paying $5000 a year with an "ok" driving record.

Say your stuck paying $1000 every month for a car payment, and $400 for insurance. Then take in account you drive everyday and you will burn through $200 a week on gas. That's another $800 a month.

So far that is $2200 just to drive the damn thing with out maintaining it.

Now you will be stuck in a finance of 5 or so years (i think CMS offers up to 7 years now) that is $2200 + more for the next 60 months of your life.

Don't get me wrong I am not trying to tell you not to buy it I am just laying down some facts of cars! if you can afford it well then by all means do it!

But your 17 right now right? think back to when you were twelve. Imagine paying $2200 every month untill now.

Good luck with your choice!

kane584
02-23-2006, 04:56 PM
listen to the smart people, they know their cars :thumbsup:

...now buy me a prelude !:poosie:

dino_martini
02-23-2006, 06:15 PM
300c..or 300c srt8 if you can do it! Too bad its only auto.

AllGoNoShow
02-23-2006, 08:26 PM
Ok so here I will try and answer most of the questions stated above....

Yes I'm 17. No I don't goto School and No I don't plan on continuing through with University or some shithole like that which I will absolutly hate. If I do plan on continuing through, school money is already set aside via parents investing in me since i was wee high and growing that.

No, the cars on the list are not NEW cars. I wouldn't nearly have enough to finance a new car, and your right, some of them are out of my price range if I were to buy them from a dealer, your right.

Yes your right, financing is not as good as buying the car out right. Atleast it is a better option then leasing and being limited on what I can do and then have to give the thing back to them and start over again.

Yes I was struggling for abit to get a stupid alternator but when your working one $8 an hour shift for 3 hours a day per week, your not making dick all. $500 alternators aren't cheap either. Since then have changed jobs, opened new accounts with banks, looked into my investments *doing better then I thought* and have already started progressing though my new job for better pay/status.

As i stated above for the people who think I am going after 05/06/07 cars and trying to finance them, I'm not. These aren't NEW cars, yes they are newer but they aren't off the lot 12km like my dads new TL being sold for top dollar. No I am not going to walk in choose one and buy it no matter what the price is, everyone has to do some haggling and choose the one they want and what fits in their price range. So if it means picking up an 01 w/ Sunroof over an 02 w/ Sunroof because of a 5g difference, then sure why not, couple more miles wouldn't be much for a well maintained german machine.

No i won't buy a prelude, for me or you. Fuck off.

Yes your right Quasar. I would pay more at the end of the term, I would also loose out when I went to resell the thing later. What car DON'T you loose out on when you keep it for 5 years then try and sell it besides a classic or a limited edition with limited numbers making people want to buy them for un-seeingly amount of money.

5hift as I said, you have no idea what my financing position is, right now or when I plan on going through with this. So therefor you should be the one not posting. Who said I am doing this to turn heads for a couple of girls and impress people. How about keeping myself happy instead of buying pos 15 year old cars that some sink more into a month trying ot keep the thign running then they bought it for.

Thanks max and whoever else for the investing tips but I've already started that and continue to add to plan ot continue to add for that as well. I also plan on putting a down payment down as well bringing the final payment down and paying more per month then just the minium for finanicng like some people seem to think I am doing.

dino... I don't mind the auto thing, I've driven standard, not the best at it, just make enough power that I don't have to drop the clutch to let the tires loose and I'm all good auto wise :) Actually like it for city driving more then my buddies standard, easier on the legs after a hard day at work.

Gas? Yes majority of these cars drink alot, so did my Regal when I drove that every day and suprisingly the 7 isn't far behind the Regal with the way I drive it as well.

Serivce/Maintence? Well with working in the auto industry, I get discounts on the parts, I learn and attempt to do most all my maintence on any of my cars myself unless it is something major but little things are no biggy and cost me basically nothing with the discount sand me doing the labour so I'm not overly worried about that.

EK 2.0
02-23-2006, 08:35 PM
This reminds me of an old post I made about people leveraging themselves to the hilt and living paycheck to paycheck.

LOL...here is a great scenario, you meet some nice girl and she see's your sweet ride and she's thinking to herself, "wow this guy has got it made". Then she suggests going back to your place only to see that you live in some shit bag apartment and all thats in your cupboards is a box of expired Kraft Dinner...LOL

So much for getting laid..hahaha.:rofl:

Brad, Kraft Dinner doesn't expire...;)

l8braker
02-23-2006, 08:38 PM
Why bother with any of them? If you can't pay CASH, you have no business owning any of those cars. Thinking a little big, way to early. Really bad idea.

AllGoNoShow
02-23-2006, 08:42 PM
You have to start somewhere, and I prefer not to be driving old machinery for the the 5 years and paying as much in repairing them as i would for half a finance on a new car and be happy driving it around and knowing i can keep it as I won't have to worry if th eengine is goign to fall apart within the next 2 hours of driving.

As I said, if you don't have any input on what cars to choose within my criteria or reasons not to choose them, stay out of my thread. This has nothign to do with my financal situation, my age, or any shit like that, this has to do with the cars in the catagory and everyones opinions on the cars themself, NOT ME. Mods please delete useless posts, I would save you the hassle and do it myself but I'm not a mod and people obveously can't read the first post.

natejj
02-23-2006, 08:43 PM
..... Whats the point? A car gets you from A to B. Sure you can throw some shiny rims on it, and lower it.... but once again...... whats the point? It gets you from one location to another. Is it REALLY worth spending the majority of your disposable income on a piece of machinery that depreciates like NO TOMORROW, and you could get the same job done in a 5000 dollar car?

People starve around the world while we add Leather interiors to our cars.

Sorry to ignore your original post, and im not a perfect missionary, i waste plenty of money too, just a mini-rant.

AllGoNoShow
02-23-2006, 08:50 PM
I enjoy wasting my money on something which is related to my career and my personal passion and hobby.

Yes it gets you from A to B, also pitstop at A.A and goto C afterwords. When it brakes down in the middle of Deerfoot in between A and B, your fucked. You waste time, You waste money, You loose money, therefor it is an inconvience.

Just like the people who say its a waste of money buying a cell phone and paying that monthly. Well I prefer not to sit at home, waiting for phone calls to go do something when I can go out, leaving point A in my car, goto point B, stop by at A.A in the middle because someoen called me, oh look I happened to have died on my way to B, call tow truck or whomever, continue on to B then get called over to C afterwords. Sure if all you do is sit at home watching TV cause you don't go out or have no freinds or don't like going out a cell phone would be useless and a waste of money to you, but it isn't to me. Just like buying a car that is more reliable, more fun to drive, and keeps me pleased alot better then old machinery. Today is a prefect example, whats so pleasing about your windshield wiper motor sheering the rod on the middle fo Deerfoot, NOTHING. New cars don't have the problem as much.

To quote the first page

No I don't have the cash to buy a brand new car or a used car, it would be under financing of Beyond's Greg @ CMS. Yes I am going through with it, no I don't want to hear what you have to say about my financing, age, or reasons besides what I state.

natejj
02-23-2006, 09:04 PM
I enjoy wasting my money on something which is related to my career and my personal passion and hobby.

Yes it gets you from A to B, also pitstop at A.A and goto C afterwords. When it brakes down in the middle of Deerfoot in between A and B, your fucked. You waste time, You waste money, You loose money, therefor it is an inconvience.

Just like the people who say its a waste of money buying a cell phone and paying that monthly. Well I prefer not to sit at home, waiting for phone calls to go do something when I can go out, leaving point A in my car, goto point B, stop by at A.A in the middle because someoen called me, oh look I happened to have died on my way to B, call tow truck or whomever, continue on to B then get called over to C afterwords. Sure if all you do is sit at home watching TV cause you don't go out or have no freinds or don't like going out a cell phone would be useless and a waste of money to you, but it isn't to me. Just like buying a car that is more reliable, more fun to drive, and keeps me pleased alot better then old machinery. Today is a prefect example, whats so pleasing about your windshield wiper motor sheering the rod on the middle fo Deerfoot, NOTHING. New cars don't have the problem as much.

To quote the first page

Kinda ironic, I also think cellphones are a waste of money. I plan my day, then go out and do it :). And how does a cellphone affect whether i sit at home and watch tv all night? This is some logic i am not understanding. OH YAH! Cause my "unreliable" car drove into my room and broke my PC and phone....

From what i am hearing, you think any car that is not luxury or amazingly expensive will break down on me and i will need a tow truck?

My 1000 dollar sundance has never given me the slightest whisper of a trouble, but i bet someday, something will happen. I bet a 5000 dollar car would not die unless you drove it to hell and didnt take care of it. ANd yeah, new cars DONT have the problems as much..... but neither do middle aged cars, or some older cars. Sure, buying a nice car is fun to drive.... but i think 25k over 4-5 years, i will be having a lot more fun ;).

Good luck finding a car.

AllGoNoShow
02-23-2006, 09:13 PM
Never said your sundance would give you troubles. And No Luxury/Performance is not reliability, never said that. I just refuse to drive a new 06 Civic for the price of say an older Lexus when I could have something I liked and enjoyed driving more and wouldnt mind keeping fo rthe 4 years I finance it then get sick of it after 4 months of boring useless driving a slow car around, hence the reason I chose to catagory, not the reliability, the luxury/performance/keeping me interested int eh car.

natejj
02-23-2006, 09:17 PM
Never said your sundance would give you troubles. And No Luxury/Performance is not reliability, never said that. I just refuse to drive a new 06 Civic for the price of say an older Lexus when I could have something I liked and enjoyed driving more and wouldnt mind keeping fo rthe 4 years I finance it then get sick of it after 4 months of boring useless driving a slow car around, hence the reason I chose to catagory, not the reliability, the luxury/performance/keeping me interested int eh car.

Sounds good, but whenever i hear "finance" all i can think of is the fact that after a few years or months, you are out X dollars, and have nothing to show for it. Lets say for 4 years you get a nice mercedes..... stop financing, or sell it. You are out..... 10k? And have.... no car. Wouldnt it just make sense to buy a 10k car?

I dont know your financial situation, so its really up to you. I am very cheap with money, so thats just from my perspective.

Sharpie
02-23-2006, 09:23 PM
Originally posted by l8braker
Why bother with any of them? If you can't pay CASH, you have no business owning any of those cars. Thinking a little big, way to early. Really bad idea.
That is the stupidist thing i read today. I could see if he was going out and buying a 10k car but who has 40g+ to go dump on a car... If you have cash in hand go put it down on a house..

AllGoNoShow
02-23-2006, 09:23 PM
Well if I do get a Merc which I throughly ernjoy I wouldn't mind loosing the 10k for all the times it gave me in the past 4 years and most liekly if I put that much money into it upfront and the mods then I wouldn't sell it right after I paid it off anwyays so that isn't a problem :)

AllGoNoShow
02-23-2006, 09:25 PM
Originally posted by Sharpie

That is the stupidist thing i read today. I could see if he was going out and buying a 10k car but who has 40g+ to go dump on a car... If you have cash in hand go put it down on a house..

I agree its the stupidist thing you've read today but their is the people who go pay 40k for a ca rupfront in Cash. My dad did just that a few days ago for his new TL. But he alwreayd has a house, 40 years up on me business wise, credit wise, and life wise. So he doesn't apply to this conversation, for anyone under 25 it seems to be pretty amazing to put up 40g Cash for a car, although I have seen it before *neighbors kids own 3 facotries their dad started and made them work for then handed them over and they are doing very well from the owner/mangement side of it*

benyl
02-23-2006, 09:27 PM
NOTHING. New cars don't have the problem as much.

You have a lot to learn my son.

Sharpie
02-23-2006, 09:31 PM
Originally posted by benyl

You have a lot to learn my son.
Some cars are horrible, hence why there are so many recalls on parts...

snowboard
02-23-2006, 09:43 PM
Why by such a nice car and live at home, i think it would be more fullfilling to buy a home, dont you think it would be nice to drive a say, 8g integra or something thats fun like that, that you can also drive year round with out thinking about what your doing to it, and then going home to your own house, and have your own furniture, your own TV etc. i think you could have alot more fun with your own house then your own luxury car that you have to worry about with calgary drivers/roads.

5hift
02-23-2006, 09:44 PM
No one's gonna be able to change his mind. When he runs out of money the only question is will Daddy bail him out or will the friendly financers at CMS just reposess the car?

///|ndy
02-23-2006, 09:48 PM
OK I honestly am not intending to sound like an ass but,

1. You are a 17yrs old High School drop out...you make $8 an hour...and you are looking to buy a $50k and up car...while you still live at home with your parents. WOW!

2. Please tell me what financial institution in Calgary (or anywhere for that matter) is willing to lend that kind of money to a 17yrs old high school drop out? Usually they go by your earning potential (which is severaly decrease for people that don't finsih high school) to determine when and if you can pay it back. With your situation and your current pay makes it nearly impossible to receive any type of loan.

3. Why don't you buy something you can afford, and have the ability to actually pay for, instead of day dreaming about these cars. IMO there are so many options of cars that would cost far less, still be reliable, you could built to be fast as shit, and you still be able to eat a meal once in a while.

I would tell you that its an increadably bad idea to do what you are planing, but I don't think it is even possible, so hey I won't try and wreck your acid trip.

ninspeed
02-23-2006, 09:51 PM
the alt thing was not too long ago, and you said your busting tires at a shop... so you have not been doing your job very long. i am guessing daddy is siging the lease for you? cuas there is no way any financial ins. is going to lend a 17 year old KID, who has been working a few months busting tires a 20,000$ loan let alone 40,000$... I am also guessing your at home still? can you imagaine being 22 years old, driving your "pimped" ride to and from work, cuas that all you can afford... and you still have to clean your room when your mom tells you... HA HA HA...
if you really think your in the automotive industry, you will know this is a BAD idea

l8braker
02-23-2006, 09:55 PM

My point was that if you CAN'T afford it (yet alone being 17 years old) HOW are you going to deal with things down the road that pertain to the vehicle, i.e. bills, repairs etc. Especially with the caliber of cars mentioned.

I can dumb it down more if you need me to.

BTW, I would go with the Infiniti, with the 55AMG in 2nd.

l8braker
02-23-2006, 09:58 PM

Some cars are horrible, hence why there are so many recalls on parts...

Way to contridict yourself. May want to pick up a book on personal finance, or attend a few classes. I recommend BOTH.

kane584
02-23-2006, 10:01 PM
No i won't buy a prelude, for me or you. Fuck off.

oh well it was worth a try :) :poosie:

kane584
02-23-2006, 10:05 PM
Originally posted by ninspeed
the alt thing was not too long ago, and you said your busting tires at a shop... so you have not been doing your job very long. i am guessing daddy is siging the lease for you? cuas there is no way any financial ins. is going to lend a 17 year old KID, who has been working a few months busting tires a 20,000$ loan let alone 40,000$... I am also guessing your at home still? can you imagaine being 22 years old, driving your "pimped" ride to and from work, cuas that all you can afford... and you still have to clean your room when your mom tells you... HA HA HA...
if you really think your in the automotive industry, you will know this is a BAD idea

ooo u burned him bad dawg ! :guns: :cry: snap back to reality man, u aint gettin a car worth 20 G,

.........now buy me a prelude kid, or i will eat u alive :drool:

AllGoNoShow
02-23-2006, 10:25 PM
Yes I'm 17. No I'm not financing the car when I am 17, guess you all missed the part in a couple of months. No I am not a high school drop out, graduated early so fuck you on that one as well. No I am not making $8 an hour, thats what I was doing at Fountain Tire, moved to Kal-Tire busting tires getting into sales already and i just started for alot better starting wage. Once my probational period is up I get basically an instant $2 raise because if I didn't get the raise then I wouldn't have the job, if I made it through that period then I get the raise. Every joint of training I finish and get signed off by a sr. manager I get a pay raise and a job more specic to what I want.

kane shut the fuck up and get out of the thread, your useless posts are just cludder, atleast everyone else has some sort of point they are trying to get accross whether it is working or not, you have none.

No I wouldn't be happy beating on an 8g integra and having ym house. How am I, no credit when I plan on doing these things, supposed to go get my own house and own car and support myself fully by the time I am 20 with absolutly NO credit and nothing to start with. They aparantly don't take cell phone payments as credit info anymore so that fucks any of that plan right up. Sure lets take a loan for 5g for 1 year pay it off earl yget a ocuple of points, I'm still a hell of a long way away from a house loan + upkeeping that pos 8g integra thats now worth 4g and using 4g in parts a year.

So this is all great, tons of info, sure some of you think I got alot to learn and yes I know I do but that isn't the fucking point of this fucking thread. So back on topic about the cars.....

The GS Series, around '99, of those Lexus are looking alot more promising. Looking around at some of those prices aren't too overly bad, going to look into some reviews later on them :)

stevieo
02-23-2006, 10:29 PM
gs is the car i was looking into (for when i sell this integra)

the car is a nice one but...the gas miliage and fuel economny SUCKS nuts no matter how you look at it..

even the v6 :( ahh well i'll keep searching.

good luck to you

kane584
02-23-2006, 10:39 PM
Original Post Removed. (Please read the Forum Rules and Terms of Use (http://forums.beyond.ca/articles.php?action=data&item=1) before posting again, or risk getting banned).

Ghettobaby
02-23-2006, 10:45 PM
Original Post Removed. (Please read the Forum Rules and Terms of Use (http://forums.beyond.ca/articles.php?action=data&item=1) before posting again, or risk getting banned).

kane584
02-23-2006, 10:49 PM