PDA

View Full Version : Taxi crashes into side of fence...

ancient
03-14-2003, 04:31 AM
2:30am hear a helicopter fly close enough to wake me up, im like oh must be police copter, a minute later hear it again... So I get up to take a look, See a billion flashing lights from my balcony, and decided to get a first hand look at whats goin on.

About 10 police cars, 1 ambulance, stars, 1 heavy resuce unit, pull a guy out of a taxi that must have spun out on the black ice, and slid into the light pole and the fence, car was pretty messed, had no roof what so ever, the light pole was almost in the middle of the car. The guy seemd to be in stable condition. All tho he was flown off in stars, so Im not sure.

Moral of the story, watch out for the icey roads when its like this, since it all melts then at night turns to black ice! Cause thats what it looked like on the road. All tho the taxi must have been goin pretty fast. I believe they ripped the roof off to get at him.

BE SAFE

GTS Jeff
03-14-2003, 04:35 AM
ouch that sucks...i almost never see taxis in accidents.

Illusionsir
03-14-2003, 05:00 AM
what area of the city was this in?

redec
03-14-2003, 07:48 AM
douglasdale

three.eighteen.
03-14-2003, 08:23 AM
Originally posted by GTS Jeff
ouch that sucks...i almost never see taxis in accidents.

yeah im surprised...alot of those guys drive like nutbags

___2PaC___
03-14-2003, 03:16 PM
Crappy!

didn't get any pics?

ancient
03-15-2003, 01:43 AM
No cam

wontonjohnny
03-15-2003, 12:13 PM
yeah some taxi drivers cant drive

red RX-7
03-15-2003, 11:46 PM
That happened by my house a few months ago,

there was an old guy driving down the road and the road bends to the left, he went straight ahead and plowed through someones backyard and into their garage.

EstoMax
03-16-2003, 12:00 AM
Originally posted by red RX-7

there was an old guy driving down the road and the road bends to the left, he went straight ahead and plowed through someones backyard and into their garage.

hahaha

___2PaC___
03-16-2003, 10:29 AM
Originally posted by red RX-7

oh what, id hate to be the one who owns the garage:banghead:

red RX-7
03-16-2003, 06:51 PM
oh what, id hate to be the one who owns the garage

no shit, sucks to be the guy that crashed and trying to tell the home owner what hapend

szw
03-16-2003, 07:01 PM
Actually I've never seen a taxi driver driving badly.

They are on the road the majority of the day, and do it for a living...they have a lot more to lose than most people by driving like an idiot.

Anyways I saw a quick blip about this on the news...some car crashed into the taxi spinning it out of control.

Scott
03-16-2003, 07:15 PM
Originally posted by szw
Actually I've never seen a taxi driver driving badly.

Then you dont drive around at night enough.

1. they will park anywhere they want downtown, or anywhere else for that matter. Ive seen 5th street in front of cowboys with THREE lanes of taxis parked outside, and 1 lane left to drive by. Last night on 16th ave across from SAIT, there was one parked in the right hand travel lane, with no hazards or signals.

2. They drive 90 down deerfoot. I realize this isnt only taxi's, but so often i see one going up deerfoot well below the speedlimit, impeding the flow of other traffic.

I realize not all are bad, but there are definately a lot of bad taxi drivers out there. Ive seen many accidents where that little white triangle light on the roof shines out so brightly.

szw
03-16-2003, 07:29 PM
Oh yeah, i forgot about the parking thing...i agree that is annoying.

However I don't classify driving 90 on deerfoot as being a bad driver. Annoying sometimes...but not bad.

James
03-17-2003, 04:28 AM
Originally posted by Scott

Then you dont drive around at night enough.

:werd:....although ALOT of everyday drivers are bad with paying attention to thier surroundings etc.. i find Cabbies can be HORRIBLE at that. Almost every close call ive ever had with people not shoulder checking etc..( its happened too often, its scary)...has been with a Cab Driver. What i also dont get, alot of them Speed ALL THE TIME, yet i have NEVER seen a Cab pulled over by the cops! Which is BS! :bullshit:....its like some special privilage because there providing a service! :rolleyes:

EstoMax
03-17-2003, 12:31 PM
i think they dont get pulled over cause they kno where cops hide(radios) and also cops dont wanna pull em over cause they carry people..