PDA

View Full Version : Second Degree Murder Charge Laid In New Year's Day Hit And Run

chong_wallace
02-23-2006, 05:57 PM
-----------------------------------------------------------------
CITYBEAT - CITY OF CALGARY PRESS RELEASE
-----------------------------------------------------------------

CALGARY POLICE SERVICE NEWS RELEASE

This morning, Thursday, February 23, 2006, a charge of second
degree murder and two counts of attempted murder were laid by
the Crown against 18-year-old Samrat Ramnik Singh DHUNA in
relation to the Calgary Police Service's ongoing Homicide
Unit and Traffic Section investigation into the New Year's
Day death of Raminder Dhadda.

Ms. Dhadda was struck and killed by a vehicle on a Kensington
-area street and two others were critically injured moments
after they had left a private New Year's Eve party. A fourth
person was also hit and suffered minor injuries.

DHUNA was taken into custody this morning and charged with
the new offences shortly after he arrived at provincial court
to appear before a justice in connection with the charges
laid against him on New Year's Day.

"As a result of the Calgary Police Service Homicide Unit and
Traffic Section investigation into the incident, and
consultation with the Crown Prosecutors' Office, the charges
now being proceeded with best reflect the conduct that is
alleged to have occurred on the morning of January 1, 2006,"
said Staff Sergeant Barry Cochran of the Homicide Unit.
"Additionally, based on the totality of the evidence, it is
further alleged that DHUNA's actions intended to cause
grievous bodily harm and/or death."

In addition to the charge of second degree murder and two
counts of attempted murder, Samrat Ramnik Singh DHUNA was
also charged today with two counts of aggravated assault; one
count of assault with a weapon (motor vehicle); four counts
of hit and run; and two counts of criminal negligence in the
operation of a motor vehicle.

Samrat Ramnik Singh DHUNA was scheduled to appear in Court of
Queen's Bench this afternoon for a bail hearing.

Source: http://www.gov.calgary.ab.ca/citybeat/public/2006/02/release.20060223_144438_7556_0

jdmakkord
02-23-2006, 06:07 PM
About fucking time!

Xtrema
02-23-2006, 06:15 PM
:clap: What took them so long?

googe
02-23-2006, 06:35 PM
:thumbsup:

Sharpie
02-23-2006, 06:42 PM
Samrat Ramnik Singh DHUNA
Pretty hard name to pronouce:rofl:

And it is about time he gets sentenced...Boo to our justice system
:thumbsdow

shakalaka
02-23-2006, 07:19 PM
Wow!! That many chargers...dayum. Freakin about time the fuckers get what they deserve.

Nissanaddict
02-23-2006, 08:40 PM
Let's hope the sentence is sufficient.

l8braker
02-23-2006, 08:41 PM
hope he rots away in jail forever.

natejj
02-23-2006, 08:45 PM
Originally posted by l8braker
hope he rots away in jail forever.

This is Canada. I predict 5 years in jail.

Sharpie
02-23-2006, 08:53 PM
Originally posted by natejj

Hahaha yeah right... he will probally get 3 years house arrest:rofl:

snowboard
02-23-2006, 09:00 PM
i went to school with that kid im pretty sure.
he was strraight outta the east in grade 9 as far as i can remember.

kaput
02-23-2006, 09:06 PM

5hift
02-23-2006, 09:38 PM
While I'm glad he was properly charged, I'm sure because of his young age and the because we have a joke for a justice system, he wont serve too long. I also dont get how you can charge someone for all these crimes, and then release them on bail?

The most we can expect is what 10 years maybe?

blueToy
02-23-2006, 09:43 PM
No matter how much time he gets , I guarantee you he will regret living ever second of ever breath behind bars . He'll be Bubba's bitch's bitch . Welcome to Canada , you piece of shiat . Hope your asshole enjoys it's stay . :whipped:

Sharpie
02-23-2006, 09:45 PM
Originally posted by blueToy
. Welcome to Canada , you piece of shiat . Hope your asshole enjoys it's stay . :whipped:
He is lucky he is in canada because anyother place he would probally get life...

jcrules99
02-23-2006, 09:48 PM
i doubt he will serve more than 5 years

he deserves alot more though... fukin retard

Gondi Stylez
02-23-2006, 09:49 PM
i hope he gets the MAX sentence..:guns:

TeamBestBud
02-23-2006, 09:50 PM
death by hanging maybe?..

blueToy
02-23-2006, 10:04 PM
Originally posted by Sharpie

He is lucky he is in canada because anyother place he would probally get life...

Or his head handed to him , most likely .

I've never been a huge fan of the Death Penalty , but in this case , I see almost no alternative . What good to any society will he be after what he's about to get in prison ? Once he does get out , and he will , even if he goes back to whereever-the-fawk he came from , I'm sure they will treat him like a avian virus .
For all the pain and suffering he has caused here , I say ban him from living .*Monty Python voice* " Off with his head " ....

Disclaimer : still not a advocate of the DP , just having a bit of fun .

l8braker
02-23-2006, 10:06 PM

true that :( :(

EK 2.0
02-24-2006, 08:03 AM
Originally posted by jdmakkord
About fucking time!

agreed.

5hift
02-24-2006, 10:24 AM
When your charged like this, its impossible to leave the country right? I'm just curious becuase this reminds me of a situation a few years ago where a guy from India knew he was gonna go down for some crimes and his family helped him flee to India before he could get charged. It just seems to me it would be pretty easy for him to leave Canada still if he didnt want to spend his 20's in jail.

Sharpie
02-25-2006, 08:33 PM
Originally posted by 5hift
When your charged like this, its impossible to leave the country right? I'm just curious becuase this reminds me of a situation a few years ago where a guy from India knew he was gonna go down for some crimes and his family helped him flee to India before he could get charged. It just seems to me it would be pretty easy for him to leave Canada still if he didnt want to spend his 20's in jail.
I dont think they will let you just leave the country. The person probally had a fake passport or something...

hockeybronx
02-25-2006, 08:51 PM
A guy at my work knew the girl Raminder pretty well.

Apparently what happened was Raminder was at a private party downtown on New Years, and this Samrat guy showed up to crash the party and hang out or whatever, but he got kicked out so apparently he just started flipping out. The word is that he was drunk so he left for a bit but then came back and started a huge hoopla and started racing his van up and down the streets.

Pretty sad story to hear about for sure.:thumbsdow

JordanLotoski
02-25-2006, 08:55 PM
good hope that fagget gets everything her deserves and then some......by the looks of his picture didnt look like he had alot going for him anyways..let him rot for what he did to that girl..

:goflames:

hockeybronx
02-25-2006, 09:03 PM
Originally posted by MIWYFSHOT
good hope that fagget gets everything her deserves and then some......by the looks of his picture didnt look like he had alot going for him anyways..let him rot for what he did to that girl..

:goflames:

Where did you find the picture of him?

l8braker
02-25-2006, 09:27 PM
Originally posted by hockeybronx
A guy at my work knew the girl Raminder pretty well.

Apparently what happened was Raminder was at a private party downtown on New Years, and this Samrat guy showed up to crash the party and hang out or whatever, but he got kicked out so apparently he just started flipping out. The word is that he was drunk so he left for a bit but then came back and started a huge hoopla and started racing his van up and down the streets.

Pretty sad story to hear about for sure.:thumbsdow

fuck that sucks :thumbsdow

sounds like the typical toughguy act that too many people in this town have... hopefully tools like him can learn and see the reprocussions.

:( :(

MaLwa
02-25-2006, 10:07 PM
alotta shit happened that night, no one really knows what happened everyones seems like there covering them selves up....but all that matters is that someone died, and that guys gonna hafta pay for what he did

jdmakkord
02-25-2006, 11:08 PM
Originally posted by MaLwa
alotta shit happened that night, no one really knows what happened everyones seems like there covering them selves up....but all that matters is that someone died, and that guys gonna hafta pay for what he did

Everyone that needs to know what happened that night, knows. I know almost every detail about what happened, I was friends with probably 30 or 40 people at this party. I knew most of the victims very well. No one is covering anything up, the prosecutors know about everything, and that is why his charges have been upgraded.

EK 2.0
02-25-2006, 11:37 PM
Everyone that needs to know what happened that night, knows. I know almost every detail about what happened, I was friends with probably 30 or 40 people at this party. I knew most of the victims very well. No one is covering anything up, the prosecutors know about everything, and that is why his charges have been upgraded.

My biggest fear about things like this are rumours. Things will be heard or said and then it turns into "the telephone game" and things get mis-appropriated...and people are put into bad light. What done is done, and I just hope that justice comes to those who deserve it...

jdmakkord
02-25-2006, 11:47 PM
Originally posted by EK 2.0

My biggest fear about things like this are rumours. Things will be heard or said and then it turns into "the telephone game" and things get mis-appropriated...and people are put into bad light. What done is done, and I just hope that justice comes to those who deserve it...

Exactly why I dont wish to share any details on here bro:thumbsup:

Nissanaddict
02-26-2006, 01:18 AM
Okay, I'm a neutral party here. My parents have their 30th wedding anniv. tonite, but that's not important. This topic is a bout Mr. Duhna. He was charged for all expected charges, but in place of manslaughter was 2nd. degree. I have NO IDEA what the sentence for that in Canada is, but for me, 2nd degree is as bad as 1st if not worse. 2nd = you have NO REGARD for human life. You didn't expect to kill someone, but you did....yet you were aware it might happen. I hope he gets a hefty sentence. I also hope our new Govt' gets rid of this mandatory 2/3 sentence = Parole. That is all. He was drunk. He drove through a crowd of people. I'm a borderline (if not a complete) alcoholic. And I have NEVER driven drunk. I know it's stupid, it's not worth it, and even if I was dumb enough to do that, driving through a crowd of people would NOT pop through my head. I hope he rots for a while.

5hift
03-01-2006, 12:32 AM
http://www.justiceforrami.org

shakalaka
03-01-2006, 05:59 AM
I heard about this sitting in Scotland, I was like dayum that's messed. Then I read the news and shit saw the dudes pic. I couldnt believe it that I know the guy. During high school drove along with him a few times. Friends...friend and all that crap. That's just totally messed. But what I can't believe is how come hes still out on BAIL if hes been charged with the Second degree murder and so many other charges. Should he not be in? I mean isn't bail just applicable when you aren't charged. Shit..I think I am gonna need to read my criminal law book again!

nadroj23
03-01-2006, 10:20 AM
^^ he was released on bail before the charge was upgraded, maybe thats why he isnt back there. but IMO if the charge was upgraded to something worse then they should go get him and put him in jail until his trial........that other murder that happened in oct last year the person that killed my friend is in jail not released on bail for a second degree murder charge. so yeah it does seem kinda strange how they can let somebody walk the streets after doin something like that.

rony_espana
03-01-2006, 10:40 AM
He'll rot in jail and in hell :guns: :whipped:

heavyD
03-01-2006, 11:05 AM
I'm betting he gets 4 years max. This is Canada where you will spend more time in jail for tax evasion than taking human lives.

Driving drunk, purposely running over a group of people and taking a young girl's life in the process. I'm sorry but there's not one excuse that can be made for such a selfish & careless act. That man does not deserve to ever walk free on Canadian soil ever again. Unfortunately we all know what will transpire in the Canadian INjustice system & it's a disservice to the family who laid one of their loved ones to rest.

rony_espana
03-01-2006, 11:07 AM
Originally posted by heavyD
That man does not deserve to ever walk free on Canadian soil ever again.

:werd: :werd:

Pacman
03-01-2006, 11:48 AM
Does anybody know how Pama is doing? Is he still in the hospital?
I keep hearing stories from friends that he may have been paralysed from the accident, has liver damage etc and I can't confirm if this is true or not.

TNSU/300ZX
03-01-2006, 11:59 AM
this shit is fucking rediculous, he should spend his time in jail in canada, then they should ship his ass back to where he came from , never again to step foot on canadian soil....that should be the law, you imigrate here, you fuck with our justice sysyem, then your gone forever....... R.I.P ........oh yes and , I LOVE CANADA

jdmakkord
03-01-2006, 12:43 PM
Originally posted by Pacman
Does anybody know how Pama is doing? Is he still in the hospital?
I keep hearing stories from friends that he may have been paralysed from the accident, has liver damage etc and I can't confirm if this is true or not.

He is not paralysed james, both legs smashed, and liver injured. He is still in the hospital, and has a long hard road to recovery ahead. They say it may take him months to learn to walk again.:(

ninjak84
03-01-2006, 12:55 PM
They say it may take him months to learn to walk again.:(

That's such a shame.... At least he's projected to recover :thumbsup:

Everytime I see pictures of that girl I get choked. She was so damn good looking. I know it shouldn't matter, but someone like that looks like they had so much going for them.
I'm just saying it would be different if it were a 400 pound 50 year old guy, instead of a young and pretty 20 year old....

*sigh*
Here's to justice at least. The way my Indian room-mate describes it, the killer and his family are shamed for life in the community.

heavyD
03-01-2006, 01:20 PM
Originally posted by ninjak84

I'm just saying it would be different if it were a 400 pound 50 year old guy, instead of a young and pretty 20 year old....

Unless of course that 400 lb 50 year old guy was your father or family member.:rolleyes:

googe
03-01-2006, 01:22 PM
http://www.justiceforrami.org

so, running into a couple people is a "massacre"? :rolleyes:

heavyD
03-01-2006, 01:34 PM
Originally posted by googe

I think what they attempeted to convey is that the suspect drove his vehicle into a group of people with intent to harm as many as possible.

5hift
03-01-2006, 01:35 PM
Originally posted by googe

I didnt make the site I just posted the addy when I heard about it from a friend.

That said, it probably seems like it was to the families involved. Save your smartass comments for a different thread.

googe
03-01-2006, 02:11 PM
all due respect to her and tose affected, i dont mean to downplay the incidents at all, but that site is a load of crap.

"This site is dedicated to bringing awareness on issues of lawlessness in Canada due to bad laws, the absence of victims rights, bad verdicts by Judges and the lack of action by Politicians in Canada. At this time, there is no guarantee of your personal safety in this Country because of the above issues."

give me a break :rolleyes:

yellowsnow
03-01-2006, 02:22 PM
Sorry I'm pretty new to this story.. what exactly happened? Did they get in a fight prior to the hit and run? or was the guy drunk driving?

What new evidence came in to upgrade this lowlife's charges?

AD_Runner
03-01-2006, 02:42 PM

If that really happens that is screwed up----- Let's hope your wrong---

ninjak84
03-02-2006, 02:29 AM
Originally posted by heavyD
Unless of course that 400 lb 50 year old guy was your father or family member.:rolleyes:

I'm amazed you can hear me from upon your high horse. Thanks for trying to start a pathetic argument, but you know what I meant buddy.
I stand by what I said. I know you do too. If you had to choose between your old Dad and your young Sister, I know exactly what you, and your Father, would want.

Save your smartass comments for a different thread.