PDA

View Full Version : PS2 online... wirelessly?

Rocky
02-23-2006, 06:10 PM
I heard they do have third party things that will let you use your PS2 with a wireless network... an ethernet to wireless adapter or something. I haven't looked into it too much.

Anybody know what I could do, or even better, where I could buy what I need so I can use my PS2 with the wireless network?

habsfan
02-23-2006, 08:09 PM
i'm running my ps2 on wireless. you need the network adapter, or that slimp ps2, and a wireless bridge. they can be found at most of the tech places. i got a linksys wireless g adapter from bestbuy, came with the adapter and ethernet cable so i just had to hook it up, plug it in, and play online wirelessly. hope this helped you out.

btw heres a link for an example. they can be found much much much cheaper than this however.
http://www.bestbuy.ca/catalog/proddetail.asp?logon=&langid=EN&sku_id=0926INGFS10032882&catid=21120#

Rocky
02-23-2006, 10:14 PM
oh nice, thanks a lot. Maybe I'll just go down to the local FS/BB and ask around.

Also, is there a big difference in quality based on what you play? I don't want to get a 5 second disconnect costing me games (WE9, MGS3) over and over again >.<

habsfan
02-23-2006, 10:20 PM
cant really say quality wise, i've only ever played on wireless, but i havent noticed any real problems as far as lag or disconnect goes. the only issues i'm having are caused by my router which likes to stop working after a while, no idea why but it even happens when im not playing online and just on a computer surfing. so its unrelated as far as i know.

Rocky
02-23-2006, 10:21 PM
alright, cool.
thanks for the info, really helpful :thumbsup:

habsfan
02-23-2006, 10:26 PM
no problem!