PDA

View Full Version : Benz c230

teggypimp95
02-24-2006, 10:49 AM
Hey guys, i was thinking about getting a benz c230 kompressor, any thoughts or opions on them? they fast or not? pros, and cons?

thanks guys!

kiwi
02-24-2006, 10:59 AM
They're not bad! I really like mine... it's great for everyday driving, & so far, it's been really good in the snow.

I rarely have passengers in the backseat, but when I do, they get kinda squished back there, cuz there's not much leg room.

Other than that, I can't think of anything I dislike about the car at the moment... lol

In terms of it being fast, for me it's okay. Not sure what you're looking for in "fast"...

teggypimp95
02-24-2006, 10:59 AM
yours standard or auto? the kompressor model?

kiwi
02-24-2006, 11:02 AM
mine's auto... kompressor

2005 4-door

I just use it to drive to work everyday... I live in the NW, but work is all the way on 162 Ave SW :eek:

So I take all the major roads... 80 speed limit the whole way pretty much...

teggypimp95
02-24-2006, 11:06 AM
oh ok i dont think were talking about the same car. its 2 door and kinda hatch back looking is the one im talking about.

Kirbs17
02-24-2006, 11:09 AM
Yea, theres 2 models, a hatch back kompressor and the 4 door kompressor. Ive been in one for a couple hours with a friend of mine in toronto (HB model), and it was a quick nice little car to drive around in. Its not the ballsy-ist car out there,but its nice.

rage2
02-24-2006, 11:11 AM
The C 230 sports coupe. It's a pretty fun car. I had one for a month or two when the SLK was in the shop under warranty. It's not blazing fast, but surprisingly, handles really well.

Kirbs17
02-24-2006, 11:12 AM
Specs on the c230:

ENGINE AND DRIVETRAIN

Engine type 2,496-cc, DOHC, 24-valve, V-6
Net power 201 hp @ 6,200 rpm
Net torque 181 lb-ft @ 2,700–5,000 rpm
Compression ratio 11.2:1
Bore and stroke -
Fuel and ignition system
ME 9.7 engine management. Integrated sequential multipoint fuel injection and ignition.
Fuel

Premium unleaded gasoline.
Tank capacity: 62.0 litres (with 8.0-litre reserve)
Transmission Type
Standard 6-speed manual or optional 7-speed Touch Shift automatic.
Drive configuration Rear-wheel drive.
Rear axle ratio 3.27:1

Hakkola
02-24-2006, 11:13 AM
It's called the c230 sports coupe. Kompressor just means supercharged it's not a model designation.

I drove it a couple times, it's a fun little car.

kiwi
02-24-2006, 11:16 AM
My brother drives the coupe... it's alright... I find it has a lot of blind spots, but other than that, it's pretty cool.

teggypimp95
02-24-2006, 11:17 AM
yeah? like do you think it has good potials with bolt on's or chipped or anything, like for speed wize, how u think it would be compaired to an rsx type s

benyl
02-24-2006, 11:17 AM
The coupe has had many different engines.

It first came out with a 2.3 litre supercharged engine (could be wrong on this one). That was then changed to a 1.8 litre superchaged.

Now I think it comes with a V6 as stated above.

teggypimp95
02-24-2006, 11:18 AM
i would be looking at an 02 or 03

rage2
02-24-2006, 11:21 AM
Too bad they didn't have this bad boy here... only in Europe.

http://www.tuningnews.net/gallery/amg-c-sports-coupe/15.jpg

C32 AMG Sports Coupe. 349hp stock.

Mercedes-AMG has developed a special vehicle for lovers of ultimate driving pleasure: the C 32 AMG Sports Coupé combines powerful high-tech driving with the highest technical standards and a compact stylish design.

The superior performance of the well-known AMG-V 6 Compressor motor, which already assures dynamic driving fun in the SLK 32 AMG and in the C 32 AMG models, provides the ultimate driving sensation in the C 32 AMG Sports Coupé. With a top performance of 354 PS (260 kW) at 6100 rpm and a maximum torque of 450 nm at 4400 rpm, the coupé possesses a driving power that can compare with that of high performance sports cars.

In only 5.2 seconds this agile two-door design accelerates to 100 km/h (62.5 mph); top speed is electronically limited to 250 km/h (156 mph).

The power transfer is handled by the proven AMG Speedshift 5-speed automatic transmission, combining the advantages of an automatic transmission with the dynamic immediateness of a standard transmission, thus ensuring an authentic sporty driving experience.

The perfect interplay between the altogether and specially fine-tuned shock absorber elements, the re-enforced stabilizers and - compared with the production model - 1.18 in. (30 mm) lower chassis warrant superior sporty dynamics, optimised road handling and high-grade controllability in the threshold ranges. Shorter braking distances and high long-term load ratings are made possible through the all-round interior-ventilated brake disks of the AMG High performance braking system which is perforated at the front axle.

The compact elegance of the C 32 AMG Sports Coupé is further emphasized by the dominant design of the front apron and the brawny rear apron. The newly developed exhaust system with double-flow exhaust gas venting emphasizes the stylish rear look of the vehicle and also guarantees a classy cool sound experience of the extra-class.

The exclusive sporty appearance is completed by the 18-inch AMG-alloy wheels, the AMG multi-function steering wheel and the AMG combination-instrument with 300 km/h tachometer.

© Mercedes-AMG, 2002

teggypimp95
02-24-2006, 12:09 PM
Originally posted by teggypimp95
yeah? like do you think it has good potials with bolt on's or chipped or anything, like for speed wize, how u think it would be compaired to an rsx type s

any thoughts? im looking at an 02 or 03

rage2
02-24-2006, 12:11 PM
It's slower (heavier) than an RSX Type-S, but much more comfy as a daily driver. I've driven both cars extensively.

Don't bother with boltons, the benz (bosch motronic) ECU is only modable by the expensive tuners.

teggypimp95
02-24-2006, 12:12 PM
oh alright thanks!

lastprodigy
02-24-2006, 03:18 PM
I like the 4dr but I really cant get myself to like the backed on that coupe

t-im
02-24-2006, 03:24 PM
02 has the 2.3L engine

03-05 has the 1.8L engine

06 has the V6

02-04 interiors aren't very nice and had standard cloth (ugh) in em. 05+ had a small changes in the interior/exterior (standard indash cd player vs cassete deck + ugly plastic cubby hole) + mb-tex interior instead of cloth. There are a few other changes that I can't remember off the top of my head..

your best bet is to buy a 03+..find one with heated seats, evolution package (because it gets rid of the ugly black plastic door handles) + panorama sunroof and your good to go.

infected
02-24-2006, 11:00 PM
For $30-50k the Coupe is decent. The 1.8L Komp is "ok" but I wouldn't consider it "fast". It's got quite a bit of torque on straights and corners but don't expect too much on an uphill. If you're into tuning then you better have some deep pockets, also parts for the Coupe is rather scarce compared to the RSX. If you're looking into buying the Coupe then you might want to consider getting the 2.3L 320 which gives you a much wider range for possible tuning in the future. Handling wise is excellent for daily driving, the ride is smooth with minimal road noise. I would say the car cornering ability is mediocre, it wouldn't do too well down at the track... but if you're just looking for something with more luxury to zip around town in then the Coupe is a wise choice.

:burnout:

ICEBERG
02-24-2006, 11:50 PM
I was one of the first people in Calgary to order this car from Lone Star when it came out. Waited 8 months for delivery from Germany. Fully loaded 6spd.

Had lots of problems with mine. Tooo many to list. Bad one was that my Head gasket blew at 5K took lone star a month to fix it. Then they did a shit ass job putting the engine back in. They put the engine on my wires. Then The lights and the car started acting weird. I could go on and on.

But other than that this was a fun car to drive. Get the panaroma sunroof and the 2.3L with 6 Spd. I had bunch of after market parts on mine. Pretty quick car.

At Toma's Dyno shop stock it pulled 163 rwhp with add ons we got over 200 rwhp:D

Too many problems with this car forced me to sell it.:(

ICEBERG
02-25-2006, 12:05 AM
Also if you wanted to know the mods:

- Exhaust
- ECU upgrade
- Pulley (which i had the send the stock one to get the new one welded on)

I think the pulley gave us almost 30HP. You need a new belt that comes with the kit. It is a bitch to put on. What it does is, turns up the boost on the supercharger. It is a blast to drive after these upgrades.

ICEBERG
02-25-2006, 12:08 AM
I think i have some pictures when it was on Toma's Dyno. I'll try to post them with the dyno sheet results if i can find it.:)

rage2
02-25-2006, 09:58 AM
Originally posted by ICEBERG
I was one of the first people in Calgary to order this car from Lone Star when it came out. Waited 8 months for delivery from Germany. Fully loaded 6spd.

Had lots of problems with mine. Tooo many to list. Bad one was that my Head gasket blew at 5K took lone star a month to fix it. Then they did a shit ass job putting the engine back in. They put the engine on my wires. Then The lights and the car started acting weird. I could go on and on.

But other than that this was a fun car to drive. Get the panaroma sunroof and the 2.3L with 6 Spd. I had bunch of after market parts on mine. Pretty quick car.

At Toma's Dyno shop stock it pulled 163 rwhp with add ons we got over 200 rwhp:D

Too many problems with this car forced me to sell it.:(
The original 2.3L motor was bulletproof, it was the supercharged version of the motor from the 190E 2.3-16 and sat in the original SLK 230. A VERY reliable motor, and only saw failures in modded cars.

pinoyhero
02-25-2006, 10:55 AM
i'm thinking that for the money there's better to be had.

JordanLotoski
02-25-2006, 11:07 AM
I had an 04 sport sedan for 2 years...i just sold it. to tell you the truth i shoulda kept it and sold my bmw instead. I miss it now

Auditor
02-25-2006, 08:04 PM
I also had one as a loaner for a couple days and it is not a bad car to drive. I also owned an RSX-S for 2 years and I would rather have the RSX-S over one of those, but the 4 doors are a different story.

handsomebassman
02-25-2006, 08:11 PM
Just dont go to lonestar for anything, and you will be fine. And yes, there is better to be had for this pricerange, but if this is the car that you like, then go for it!:burnout:

JordanLotoski
02-25-2006, 09:00 PM
Originally posted by Auditor
I also had one as a loaner for a couple days and it is not a bad car to drive. I also owned an RSX-S for 2 years and I would rather have the RSX-S over one of those, but the 4 doors are a different story.

:eek: hmmmm acura or mercedes hahaha...dood why..rsx's are shit

buddha3569
05-17-2006, 10:54 PM
I'm in the market for a C240 or a C320... Just wonder what everyone suggests? Komp? or 4matic?