PDA

View Full Version : Fortress, anyone been recetly?

lint
02-24-2006, 11:11 AM
Wondering if anyone has headed out to Fortress recently, like in the past week? The conditions look like they should be favorable, and they've got the backside chair running and they're doing CAT tows. Wouldn't mind checking it out, but have heard mixed reviews. Just want to know if the runs/snow are good.

Thanks

sputnik
02-24-2006, 11:40 AM
http://www.skifortress.ca/

Eride
02-24-2006, 11:50 AM
Was going to go about 3 weeks back but it was super bad man. 3 Black runs open, one green that you had to hike to get to. No rentals, no indoor plumbing. Was really really butal man, so unless they have really come a long way i'd say stay clear.

calgarygts
02-24-2006, 12:01 PM
Has anyone tried to get a refund for the season pass they bought for fortress this year? I've been trying with no luck - I haven't been out there yet and don't want to go considering the condition of their services. They just plain won't answer the phone or emails.

lint
02-24-2006, 12:11 PM
Originally posted by sputnik
http://www.skifortress.ca/

I'm looking for first hand experience since I've been hearing mixed reviews. And the site isn't really that informative.

lint
02-24-2006, 12:12 PM
Originally posted by Eride
Was going to go about 3 weeks back but it was super bad man. 3 Black runs open, one green that you had to hike to get to. No rentals, no indoor plumbing. Was really really butal man, so unless they have really come a long way i'd say stay clear.

Yeah, I heard opening day was really sketchy, but they have the backside open now, 24 cms in the past week, 7 cms in the past day, so it could be good. Hit or miss though I s'pose.

Kobe
02-25-2006, 03:59 PM
Originally posted by calgarygts
Has anyone tried to get a refund for the season pass they bought for fortress this year? I've been trying with no luck - I haven't been out there yet and don't want to go considering the condition of their services. They just plain won't answer the phone or emails.

i think there giving 100 or 150 of next years pass, no refunds tho..

apples
02-26-2006, 07:24 PM
I was there today, and then left for Nakiska shortly after. The main lift was open and apparantly the backside chair as well. We bailed because the only "facilities" of any kind was a food tent and a couple port-o-potties. Everything else was boarded up. Also the prices were bumped up to $40 for a full day which is only like 10-14 less than nakiska, which had 3ish lifts working, a nice warm lodge, and food.