PDA

View Full Version : Replacing hatchback struts?

ryeguy_85
02-25-2006, 04:01 PM
My struts on my hatchback have no pressure so when I release the trunk switch, it doesn't pop up, so I have to hold the lever up with something before I open the hatch. The struts don't hold the hatch up too when its cold, so I assume the hatchback struts need replacement? I was thinking of buying some off ebay (about 75 cdn after shipping), is it easy to do or is it cheaper in town to get it replaced?

Thanks

GTS Jeff
02-25-2006, 06:29 PM
Originally posted by ryeguy_85
My struts on my hatchback have no pressure so when I release the trunk switch, it doesn't pop up, so I have to hold the lever up with something before I open the hatch. The struts don't hold the hatch up too when its cold, so I assume the hatchback struts need replacement? I was thinking of buying some off ebay (about 75 cdn after shipping), is it easy to do or is it cheaper in town to get it replaced?

Thanks Cheaper in town...basically any parts store will have what you're looking for. Don't forget that the hatch shocks from other cars can fit too.

frozenrice
02-25-2006, 07:43 PM
I just replaced a set on my Accord Wagon. I got them from Auto Value for $30 a piece. They carry the Strongarm Brand. There are other companies that make them too (AC Delco to name one). Price may vary depending on the application and it only took me about 5-10mins to replace. I compared prices to the ones online and by the time you pay exchange, shipping and whatever, it might be cheaper or about the same to get them here and you most likely won't have to wait for them to be shipped (not to mention returns/exchanges if there's a problem).

ryeguy_85
02-26-2006, 01:05 PM
Thanks for the help guys

ga16i
02-26-2006, 08:11 PM
If you drive a Nissan 240sx or something, don't bother asking Nissan for replacements. I was quoted over $200 each for my 240sx. Auto Value you say, hmm... I may have to go check them out.