PDA

View Full Version : Spring/Summer Semester @ UofC

hussein
02-26-2006, 03:40 PM
I am going to be applying for the spring and summer semester at University of Calgary and I was wondering if anybody knows what they look at to accept your application. Is it order of application? I will be most likely applying as unclassified.
I am currently enrolled at Medicine Hat College and will be completing my first year at the end of this semester.

I couldn't find this criteria and if someone can please help me out that would be much appreciated.

And secondly, would it be difficult to find a furnished condo/townhouse or apartment to rent (2 bedroom atleast) for 4 months during this time? Where would be the best place to look for these things, on the boards at the university?

Thanks.

motoki88
02-26-2006, 04:15 PM
I think that if you're going to UofC for just the Spring/Summer semester but you're full time during regular school years at Medicine Hat, then you would go into UofC as a visiting student. Unclassified are those who plan on staying at UofC but are not fully accepted into this institution.
As for finding a place, I am unsure of finding a condo/apartment but you will probably have better luck finding shared accomodations for spring/summer. Most students go home for summer holidays so there are lots of vacancies around campus, I would imagine.
I'm not sure how easy/hard it would be for you to take a few courses during spring/summer. But in my opinion, it should be too hard. Maybe you should check with transfer navigator for Alberta to see which courses could transfer back to your home town institution.

hussein
02-26-2006, 04:41 PM
I applied for fall and hope I get in. However, I can only do a maximum of 2 years at MHC becuase I am doing university transfer courses for sciences (BSc). Or atleast, that is what the plan is.

I will be checking at the admissions office here tomorrow whether I should apply as a unclassified or a visiting student, becuase I will not be getting a degree at this institution.

Thanks.