PDA

View Full Version : Street Legal or what?

Deemer
02-26-2006, 07:47 PM
Hey I was thinking of gettin myself a pair of purple bulbs for my car and I was wondering how much heat I would get for driving with them? I saw a CRX with a pair the other night and I thought they looked cool.

95EagleAWD
02-26-2006, 07:47 PM
Like headlights?

Deemer
02-26-2006, 07:52 PM
yea headlights....

handsomebassman
02-26-2006, 08:00 PM
Originally posted by Deemer
Hey I was thinking of gettin myself a pair of purple bulbs for my car and I was wondering how much heat I would get for driving with them? I saw a CRX with a pair the other night and I thought they looked cool.

:guns: ----- http://www.4wheeler.ca/style_emoticons/default/yes.gif
Me ----- You

TeamBestBud
02-26-2006, 08:04 PM
Originally posted by handsomebassman

:guns: -----> You.

:rofl: :werd:

95EagleAWD
02-26-2006, 08:06 PM
yea headlights....

No.

Headlights must emit a white light.

handsomebassman
02-26-2006, 08:06 PM
And when you need my neighboors semi truck mufflers, just give me a holler.

"Hey, you guys, I got a wicked idea, tell me if you like it. I want clear tail lenses, and i want to replace my brake bulbs with white bulbs!"

TeamBestBud
02-26-2006, 08:08 PM
make sure u have neon...can nevr get enough neon...in fact i have a glow stick down my pants right now

lastprodigy
02-26-2006, 08:08 PM
Originally posted by 95EagleAWD

No.

Headlights must emit a white light.

HID's illegal too then big guy?

handsomebassman
02-26-2006, 08:10 PM
Originally posted by lastprodigy

HID's are considered white. But that really really blue ricer blue, and ricer purple is considered ignorant.

arian_ma
02-26-2006, 08:11 PM

hahahahahahahahahahahah

Police
02-26-2006, 08:13 PM

HID's are considered white. But that really really blue ricer blue, and ricer purple is considered ignorant.

"considered white"??? o rly?

:banghead:

handsomebassman
02-26-2006, 08:14 PM
Originally posted by Police

"considered white"??? o rly?

:banghead:

Well do infinitis HID's look fucking purple or something to you?

turbo'dGSR
02-26-2006, 08:16 PM

Depends what rating the HIDs are, 4300k are white, 12000k are purple. I dont see a problem to ricer bulbs, at least they arent producing the light and glare of HID's without a projector.

Police
02-26-2006, 08:17 PM

calm down rice police, its sunday go drive your fugly underpowered civic.

Deemer
02-26-2006, 08:19 PM

Yea they do to me cause its a jeep thing.. dawg :thumbsdow

handsomebassman
02-26-2006, 08:23 PM
Yea they do to me cause its a jeep thing.. dawg :thumbsdow

Have you seen the motorized spoiler? You might want to check it out.

Yea, im really sad my daily driver reliable safe vehicle only has 140hp. As if a could really care less.

euro_racer
02-26-2006, 08:24 PM

LMAO :rofl:

BerserkerCatSplat
02-26-2006, 08:28 PM
Holy crap, people, it took less than on hour for a seemingly innocent thread about ricer bulbs to go straight down the shitter. :thumbsdow

Seriously, chill out.

Goblin
02-26-2006, 08:32 PM
What a friggn funny thread !!

Originally posted by TeamBestBud
make sure u have neon...can nevr get enough neon...in fact i have a glow stick down my pants right now

:rofl:

Have you seen the motorized spoiler? You might want to check it out.

Did you check out the one I wanted? :drool:

[i]Originally posted by handsomebassman

The cutoff looks purple and blueish from different angles, but the output on the road is white.

Originally posted by turbo'dGSR
Depends what rating the HIDs are, 4300k are white, 12000k are purple. I dont see a problem to ricer bulbs, at least they arent producing the light and glare of HID's without a projector

12000 K are of a different temperature producing a purple light, you might get pulled over for those for sure. we are talking stock, 4300k to 6000k.

95EagleAWD
02-26-2006, 08:33 PM

HIDs are white... up to around 4300K. OEM HID in Bimmers, Benzes and all that are perfectly legal. HID retrofits into a Civic, DSM, etc. are technically illegal, but if the bulb colour is white, no biggie. If you have blue 9000K HIDs, expect a ticket.

handsomebassman
02-26-2006, 08:34 PM

Here i will answer your question.

"...was wondering how much heat I would get for driving [with purple headlight bulbs]..."

If in the rare chance that you didnt answer this problem yourself within a half second, ill run through it for you.
Police do not like Purple headlights. I dont remember them ever liking them, and im sure they never will. Its called superrice.

So unless you are doing an actual HID setup, with projectors and a reasonable temperature bulb, i would say save your $17 in canadian tire money for something else.

turbo'dGSR
02-27-2006, 12:24 AM
^ Whatever man. I think I heard yellow headlights were illegal too, hipocrit. :rolleyes:

Deemer, get your purple or blue headlights and you wont have a problem. Ive never heard of people getting tickets for that shit. I had blue "superrice" lights and HID's now, its all good.

95EagleAWD
02-27-2006, 12:39 AM
Yellow bulbs are illegal.

sexualbanana
02-27-2006, 01:48 AM
Isn't purple the color for homosexuals? Just thought I'd throw that out there.

rc2002
02-27-2006, 09:34 AM
Originally posted by sexualbanana

:rofl: :rofl:

Unknown303
02-27-2006, 11:06 AM
:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Nice, Stick to a more stock looking HID. they are still bright as hell and they won't draw attention to your car.

handsomebassman
02-27-2006, 11:16 AM
^ Whatever man. I think I heard yellow headlights were illegal too, hipocrit. :rolleyes:

??I dont have yellow headlights....

I think you are confused with the thread where some of us photoshopped yellow lenses. Yea, i got silverstars there buddy.

handsomebassman
02-27-2006, 11:18 AM
^^^
And to add, if it were legal, id love to have 3000k headlights, BUT i cant because i dont feel like getting pulled over 20 seconds after i leave my driveway.

Unknown303
02-27-2006, 11:30 AM
Who wants to see someone driving around with aftermarkets that are to bright and probably wouldn't have cutoff set right, so it blinds the shit out of the rest of us.

handsomebassman
02-27-2006, 11:44 AM
Originally posted by Unknown303
Who wants to see someone driving around with aftermarkets that are to bright and probably wouldn't have cutoff set right, so it blinds the shit out of the rest of us.
:werd:

I just stopped taking the thread author seriously after reading crx and purple headlights in the same sentence.

Hakkola
02-27-2006, 11:45 AM
Originally posted by sexualbanana

You'd think so, but it's actually blue. I think they picked the straightest colour possible just to piss everyone off.

Unknown303
02-27-2006, 12:07 PM
Its hard to take someone seriously who wants to install purple bulbs. Its like picking the brightest most annoying color possible. I might as well throw some on my J-Body. And aim them at about eye level for oncoming traffic.

BlueGoblin
02-27-2006, 12:12 PM
In Alberta, purple lights are reserved for vehicles in a funeral procession. Any other use would be considered illegal.

Unknown303
02-27-2006, 12:13 PM
What?? Funeral process. Really.. thats strange, better sharpen up on these regs.

BlueGoblin
02-27-2006, 02:18 PM
^ It doesn't come up every day, but there you have it...

The purple light thing dates from 2003, I think, when the TSA succeeded the HTA.

From the TSA-VER:

35(1) A motor vehicle may have a flashing purple lamp that is
visible from all directions outside the vehicle.
(2) A person shall not turn on or use a purple flashing lamp on a
motor vehicle unless it is leading, or getting ready to lead, a funeral
procession.

Toms-SC
02-27-2006, 02:45 PM
Gay.dot

DannyO
02-27-2006, 02:53 PM
To the thread starter, well obviously these ain't legal, but then again, 99% of the modded cars on beyond have something illegal on them, but one important thing about these purple bulbs you want, is how well are they gonna light up the road, sure they might look good, but whats the point if you can't see shit, I know that 12000k HIDS that have a purple light, don't really brighten up the road much, so I doubt that purple halogen bulbs will be any better, just something to consider, you really wanna be driving round at night not being able to see much infront of you?

Mightaswell
02-27-2006, 03:03 PM
All OEM HID's are within 4000k - 4500k range

The blue tinge we associate with HID's is actually from the 23000 volts it takes to run them, and how much colour you see depends on the shape and configuration of the cutoff sheild, projector, ect. The light they put out is much closer to actual sunlight than halogen headlights.

Blue halogens get thier colour from a blue coating, wich reduces output. Some lights try and overcome the light loss by upping the voltage, wich ups the heat and may damage your electrical system or headlight housing.

The lights you buy should say on the package whether they are DOT approved or not. I assume actual purple headlights could get you in trouble.

turbo'dGSR
02-27-2006, 05:42 PM

??I dont have yellow headlights....

I think you are confused with the thread where some of us photoshopped yellow lenses. Yea, i got silverstars there buddy.

Oh thats odd. I remembered seeing a pic of your civic in your signature a while back with yellow headlights, didnt realize the only noticable mod you had done was a photoshop, buddy.

nusneak
02-27-2006, 05:55 PM
......So unless you are doing an actual HID setup, with projectors and a reasonable temperature bulb, i would say save your $17 in canadian tire money for something else.
AHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHA :rofl:

handsomebassman
02-27-2006, 05:57 PM

Oh thats odd. I remembered seeing a pic of your civic in your signature a while back with yellow headlights, didnt realize the only noticable mod you had done was a photoshop, buddy.

http://forums.beyond.ca/showthread.php?s=&threadid=115095

Maybe you are referring to the thread that i made regarding photoshopping yellow lenses onto my car :rofl: :rofl:, and i never ever had my car with yellow lenses in my signature.

And for my daily driver, im quite happy that all the mods go into the jeep, not the japanese honda. Dont give me sas because i dont have underglow and altezzas on my civic. :rolleyes:

Originally posted by nusneak

AHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHA :rofl:
:D

turbo'dGSR
02-27-2006, 06:23 PM

http://forums.beyond.ca/showthread.php?s=&threadid=115095

Maybe you are referring to the thread that i made regarding photoshopping yellow lenses onto my car :rofl: :rofl:, and i never ever had my car with yellow lenses in my signature.

And for my daily driver, im quite happy that all the mods go into the jeep, not the japanese honda. Dont give me sas because i dont have underglow and altezzas on my civic. :rolleyes:

:D

I saw that picture somewhere else besides that thread, Im sure you found somewhere to whore it out..you're good like that it seems.
Why did you state the country your car civic was made in? Does that have anything to do with this?...no.
And trust me buddy, Id give you alot more 'sas' if you had that ricer shit on your civic. Do you think everyone that drives a japanese civic/honda has that..? Pff. :thumbsdow

handsomebassman
02-27-2006, 06:28 PM

I saw that picture somewhere else besides that thread, Im sure you found somewhere to whore it out..you're good like that it seems.
Why did you state the country your car civic was made in? Does that have anything to do with this?...no.
And trust me buddy, Id give you alot more 'sas' if you had that ricer shit on your civic. Do you think everyone that drives a japanese civic/honda has that..? Pff. :thumbsdow

Im really getting confused as to what exactly you are saying. It sounds like you have a problem that i dont want purple headlights, and that i think its dumb, but thats only cause i have a stock civic. And that even if i did have mods you would give me more sas unless it was purple headlights. And yes, i spend all of my time whoring out a photoshopped picture in a photoshop section. :rolleyes: :rofl:

Police
02-27-2006, 06:49 PM
not the japanese honda.

japanese? o rly?

:banghead: :dunno: :drama:

Police
02-27-2006, 06:51 PM
http://www.hjo3.net/orly/gal1/orly_indian.jpg

handsomebassman
02-27-2006, 06:54 PM

japanese? o rly?

:banghead: :dunno: :drama:

I guess saying italian leather is pretty dumb too aint it? :rolleyes: :poosie:

Darkane
02-27-2006, 07:01 PM

Im really getting confused as to what exactly you are saying. It sounds like you have a problem that i dont want purple headlights, and that i think its dumb, but thats only cause i have a stock civic. And that even if i did have mods you would give me more sas unless it was purple headlights. And yes, i spend all of my time whoring out a photoshopped picture in a photoshop section. :rolleyes: :rofl:

Dude you did have your civic in your Sig with the yellows chopped or not. basically you were putting up a false front because maybe you though 'M4D T1GHT GAYDM' yellow lights were better. Well they arent so stick to your Venting threads cause its seems your good at complaining. :thumbsup:

handsomebassman
02-27-2006, 07:02 PM
Originally posted by Darkane

Dude you did have your civic in your Sig with the yellows chopped or not. basically you were putting up a false front because maybe you though 'M4D T1GHT GAYDM' yellow lights were better. Well they arent so stick to your Venting threads cause its seems your good at complaining. :thumbsup:

I have NEVER, EVER had an 06 civic in my signature with yellow lenses on.

Darkane
02-27-2006, 07:04 PM

I have NEVER, EVER had an 06 civic in my signature with yellow lenses on.

Perhaps it was your Avatar, but Im positive it was your Sig. What was your sig before that stupid owl and your jeep?

Police
02-27-2006, 07:09 PM

:rofl:

handsomebassman
02-27-2006, 07:11 PM
This was my most recent one...

http://i25.photobucket.com/albums/c59/handsomebassman/Sig.jpg

Then
http://i25.photobucket.com/albums/c59/handsomebassman/FinalSig.jpg

Then
http://i25.photobucket.com/albums/c59/handsomebassman/signatureforbeyond.jpg

Then it was that animation of that guy who smashes his head into his keyboard, etc.

And the only avatar i have had other than this one, is this
http://i25.photobucket.com/albums/c59/handsomebassman/catrub.gif

So thanks for being ignorant! :thumbsup: :D

Police
02-27-2006, 07:15 PM

I guess saying italian leather is pretty dumb too aint it? :rolleyes: :poosie:

thats actually quite diffrent from saying "japanese honda" hence the O RLY haha

handsomebassman
02-27-2006, 07:15 PM

thats actually quite diffrent from saying "japanese honda" hence the O RLY haha

lol, ya fair enough

Supa Dexta
02-27-2006, 07:30 PM
shad up people!.. fuk this thread went off like the bitches on maury.....

:rolleyes:

turbo'dGSR
02-27-2006, 11:31 PM

:D :thumbsup:

Im arguing with you because you come into threads, like this one, and make it sound like you know everything about everything. Youre cocky, annoying, and need to stfu for once. I called you a hipocrit about your illegal yellow lights, before i realized they were fake. I really dont feel like typing one more word to you, unless of course its a curse, a thumbsdown, or a stfu!

handsomebassman
02-27-2006, 11:37 PM

:D :thumbsup:

Im arguing with you because you come into threads, like this one, and make it sound like you know everything about everything. Youre cocky, annoying, and need to stfu for once. I called you a hipocrit about your illegal yellow lights, before i realized they were fake. I really dont feel like typing one more word to you, unless of course its a curse, a thumbsdown, or a stfu!

kswt dntker

turbo'dGSR
02-27-2006, 11:52 PM

kswt dntker

:thumbsdow

Weapon_R
02-28-2006, 12:01 AM
Question was answered long ago. Ricer purple/blue bulbs are illegal.