PDA

View Full Version : Air Recirulation button

Gorilla
02-26-2006, 11:13 PM
Since its winter and it take my car forever to warm up.. is it better to use the air ciruclation button? when do you ever use it? whats it for? I only use it if there is a smoky truck infront of me or it stinks outside.

LilDrunkenSmurf
02-26-2006, 11:55 PM
i've never used it... i'd like to hear some tips on it too

FiveFreshFish
02-27-2006, 12:02 AM
Originally posted by Gorilla
Since its winter and it take my car forever to warm up.. is it better to use the air ciruclation button? when do you ever use it? whats it for? I only use it if there is a smoky truck infront of me or it stinks outside.

That's pretty much when I use it; also if there's lots of dust blowing around.

Switching to recirc in the winter will cause the windows to fog up.

turbotrip
02-27-2006, 12:20 AM
i use the recirculation button for the first 10 or so minutes when i start in the cold and it heats the car up a lot quicker than if u didnt, then once the car is warmed up i switch back and its been working so far

Xtrema
02-27-2006, 09:58 AM
Make sure to turn on AC as well or your windows will be all fogged up.

Canadian 2.5RS
02-27-2006, 10:01 AM
Originally posted by turbotrip
i use the recirculation button for the first 10 or so minutes when i start in the cold and it heats the car up a lot quicker than if u didnt, then once the car is warmed up i switch back and its been working so far

That's what i do. It's simple and it works. I turn it on when i start the car and switch it back over when i get in to drive away.

Foz
02-27-2006, 12:26 PM
Yup, leave it on air recirculation when first warming up the car with A/C on, then turn it off for outside air once the windows fog. Else it'll stay fogged up. Car warms up quicker with it turned on.

hockeybronx
02-27-2006, 02:20 PM
I don't ever use the recirculated air button. Then again I've never really had any bad problems with my car not warming up quick enough or windows fogging up uncontrollably.

Even on the coldest days I'll let my car warm up for 30-90 seconds, then just shift at 2000 RPM until the car reaches normal operating temperature.:thumbsup:

LilDrunkenSmurf
02-27-2006, 04:22 PM
Originally posted by hockeybronx
I don't ever use the recirculated air button. Then again I've never really had any bad problems with my car not warming up quick enough or windows fogging up uncontrollably.

Even on the coldest days I'll let my car warm up for 30-90 seconds, then just shift at 2000 RPM until the car reaches normal operating temperature.:thumbsup:

:werd:
ditto