PDA

View Full Version : Small Dent

RiCE-DaDDy
07-08-2002, 01:30 PM
alright i have small dent on my CRV door. I was just wondering how much it would cost to repair, which shop should i go to etc. Thanks

if u guys want more pics i got em sorry for bad quality, make hands keep shaking!!

G
07-08-2002, 01:34 PM
Take it to
Contemporary Coachworks Limited
2260 22 Street Northeast, Calgary, AB T2E8B7
(403) 250-1728

They do good work :thumbsup:

It looks like you can bang it out with not much problem

RiCE-DaDDy
07-08-2002, 01:35 PM
i was thinkin that i might have to fork out about $200?
thanks for the reccomendation

legendboy
07-08-2002, 01:47 PM
Manira refinishing, 875-9849. Just use my name, Corey.

ninspeed
07-08-2002, 02:27 PM
something you may want to try first is dry ice.. its a larger dent so it may not work as well.. but put dry ice on the area and the metal sould return its self back to its "memory" (old shape)... you shuld be able to get dry ice from a grocety store for free (or a few dollars)..i know that where to get it out east.. good luck..

legendboy
07-08-2002, 03:12 PM
Originally posted by ninspeed
something you may want to try first is dry ice.. its a larger dent so it may not work as well.. but put dry ice on the area and the metal sould return its self back to its "memory" (old shape)... you shuld be able to get dry ice from a grocety store for free (or a few dollars)..i know that where to get it out east.. good luck..

I wonder if that works! Interesting idea...

ninspeed
07-08-2002, 05:25 PM
Originally posted by legendboy

I wonder if that works! Interesting idea...

A lot of guys i know out east do it for hail dammage on the hoods and small door dings.. What it does is shrinks the metal back in to postition that it was formed... But on the honda.. its quite a large dent and might need to be pushed/pulled out

RiCE-DaDDy
07-08-2002, 06:45 PM
thanks guys :)

legendboy
07-08-2002, 06:46 PM
Originally posted by ninspeed

A lot of guys i know out east do it for hail dammage on the hoods and small door dings.. What it does is shrinks the metal back in to postition that it was formed... But on the honda.. its quite a large dent and might need to be pushed/pulled out

oh ya, that dent is right on the crease on the door, it needs to be pulled bondo'd and sprayed.

kevie88
07-08-2002, 06:50 PM
I'd try taking off the door panel and pushing it out from the inside with your palm, it would probably pop out without too much trouble, it all depends on how sharp the crease at the top is.

Weapon_R
07-08-2002, 07:07 PM
If you spend an hour, you can rip open your interior, and take a very wide blunt object (rubber mallet would be great) and tap it out very slowly and carefully. That is, if pushing it with your palm doesn't work. Shouldn't require bondo and paint if you can do it carefully.

Dry ice also works, but no idea where to get it from.

Mortimer Schnur
07-08-2002, 07:39 PM
I do appraising at a body shop all day for a living, but am still pretty new. Here goes...

Looks like a few hours of time on that one. By the pic I'd put it at seven. Which puts you pretty close to a new skin. Not what I'd call a small dent. Paintless repair looks out of the question by the size of it and the creased area it is on. Plus those large flat areas actually are harder to repair because they are so unforgiving to the eye. You're looking at a complete refinish of the door with that size of repair. That involves removal of the mouldings and door handle. Replacement of the decals. With refinishing the door you want a blend on the front door and the quarter panel. And removal/reinstallation of all their hardware and mouldings as well, and new decals, dropping the rear bumper cover and r/i the gas door. It looks like a gold tone and those are one of the hardest colours to blend. Another .5 hour to colour match because of that. So you're coming up hard and fast at $1G.

This isn't "loaded up", either. It's what I would confidently submit to an insurance company and show their appraisers for scrutiny.

To give you a point of reference, for $200 you could probably get 2 or 3 light dime sized door dings with no paint damage fixed by a paintless repair.

Read the estimates you get closely to see what they are actually going to do.

Good luck!

Big_Six_Boy
07-09-2002, 01:00 PM
Nah, you could fix that yourself! Just get a manual to help remove the door panel. Then you could just use your palm and literally rub out the dent! I had that happen to my Celica a coupla years back and that's what the body shop owner did for me IN THE PARKING LOT. It was the quickest fix I've ever seen!
:clap: :thumbsup:

RiCE-DaDDy
07-11-2002, 12:32 AM
1g!!!! whoa
aguy from the dent clinic said it would cost about $300

bol
07-11-2002, 12:33 AM
Originally posted by RiCE-DaDDy
1g!!!! whoa
aguy from the dent clinic said it would cost about $300

There is this place called D-N-T or something like that off of edmonton trail and memorial I think.

Guy I used to work with recomennded them.