PDA

View Full Version : Pot Holes!!

shadowz
05-21-2002, 04:19 PM
The city needs to fix those damn pot holes and crazy bumps in the middle of the road, it makes a lowered car undesireable to drive in this city dont you agree?:thumbsdow

kenny
05-21-2002, 04:22 PM
Yes... I hit one yesterday in the left lane going up Sarcee up from 16th Ave/Highway 1 that one was massive, and I didn't see it coming either. :banghead:

4wheeldrift
05-21-2002, 06:18 PM
Doesn't the city have a hotline or something you can call to report them?

spyguy
05-22-2002, 01:15 AM
Originally posted by shadowz
The city needs to fix those damn pot holes and crazy bumps in the middle of the road, it makes a lowered car undesireable to drive in this city dont you agree?:thumbsdow

I agree with you...You should see my face right when I'm about to hit one of those unavoidable potholes....its extremely sad :(

kenny
05-22-2002, 01:32 AM
Originally posted by 4wheeldrift
Doesn't the city have a hotline or something you can call to report them?

24-hour pothole line : 268-1000 or
by e-mail at [email protected].

max_boost
05-22-2002, 01:37 AM
Potholes suck asss!! But now that I no longer have a nice car it doesn't even matter lol

bol
05-22-2002, 01:55 AM
:madred: :madred: :madred: :banghead:

BAD LAGIN!

shadowz
05-22-2002, 03:17 PM
Ya when I see one and I cant swerve and cant brake cause of cars behind me, I cringe

LUDELVR
05-22-2002, 03:46 PM
Yah these things suck ass! I just hit one over the weekend which caused my tire sidewall on the inside to split, resulting in a trip to cal tire to get a replacement!

Superesc
05-22-2002, 03:51 PM
I usually just Scream like a girl when I hit one.....

kenny
05-22-2002, 04:52 PM
Originally posted by LUDELVR
Yah these things suck ass! I just hit one over the weekend which caused my tire sidewall on the inside to split, resulting in a trip to cal tire to get a replacement!

Scary thing is I was driving in front of you, but didn't hit a pothole... I still don't know where this pothole is, but I'm definently going to be more careful in that area.

LUDELVR
05-22-2002, 05:02 PM
Originally posted by kenny

Scary thing is I was driving in front of you, but didn't hit a pothole... I still don't know where this pothole is, but I'm definently going to be more careful in that area.

Is was right on the ramp onto deerfoot from glenmore!! You were more to the right hand side I think and I was right in the middle. So I guess it's kinda to the left! Fuck that pissed me off!!

CRXguy
05-22-2002, 05:10 PM
So where is this exactly?

Before the ramp onto Deerfoot from Glenmore?
On the ramp?
After getting onto Deerfoot?

Can't afford anymore damages on the REX since I drive that route home on the weekend.:D

kenny
05-22-2002, 05:15 PM
It is heading East on Glenmore onto Deerfoot. I guess I missed that pothole cause I took the turn really late and took the apex! haha j/k.

CRXGuy, I'm assuming you go from Glenmore West onto Deerfoot so you should be relatively safe.

LUDELVR
05-22-2002, 05:24 PM
It's right after you turn onto the ramp. I'm talking right at the beginning of the ramp, once u turn off from glenmore. It's like within 5 meters of turning off. I'll go evaluate it again next time I'm down there!! haha

CRXguy
05-22-2002, 05:34 PM
Make sure you REMEMBER to AVOID it when you do your evaluation. That would suck to throw away another bill for nothing.:rofl:

shadowz
05-23-2002, 01:49 AM
Not only do potholes cause trouble, manholes that stick up too far or sink in make things bad, man these streets suck

GTS Jeff
05-23-2002, 09:46 AM
Edmonton's are worse..trust me..

ScCab
05-23-2002, 09:51 AM
ya I notice calgary road are getting very bad for pot holes.

rage2
05-23-2002, 09:58 AM
Originally posted by Jeff TYPE R
Edmonton's are worse..trust me..

hehe no kidding. Edmonton roads are completely ripped up. Calgary roads are like all new compared to Edmonton.

MYKN
05-23-2002, 10:22 AM
Yes I hate edmonton roads..with a passion heheh

boi-alien
05-23-2002, 03:34 PM
there's a bunch in the university. like the one by lot 10, when u turn right heading towards machall... damn.... and the thing is, u can't even swerve around it. just kinda cross your fingers and hope for the best...

Clem
05-23-2002, 06:40 PM
Originally posted by rage2

hehe no kidding. Edmonton roads are completely ripped up. Calgary roads are like all new compared to Edmonton.

Hey now they ain't that bad..........................

Oh wait yes they are. :banghead: :banghead:

Well they do have 170st and 87th ave right by WEM ripped up for repaving.

kenny
05-23-2002, 11:35 PM
Originally posted by Clem
Well they do have 170st and 87th ave right by WEM ripped up for repaving.

Thats the only street they need to pave so out of towners who all goto WEM think Edmonton has some decent roads! I can't imagine what Edmonton roads are like, the roads here are all in pretty rough shape but its because there is so much road construction going on. I think once all the major interchange projects are completed the city will work on fixing up some of the major roads. There is no point fixing alot of them now as they will just get damaged by all the heavy machinery. I hope so anyway :)

CRXguy
05-23-2002, 11:39 PM
I dread driving to Edmonton cuz of the condition of the roads.

spyguy
05-23-2002, 11:47 PM
this happened today :(

kenny
05-24-2002, 12:35 AM
Originally posted by spyguy

OUCH! :thumbsdow :thumbsdow

shadowz
05-24-2002, 12:46 AM
Man spyguy thats harsh , I saw you today parked at chinook, cars looking awesome and clean

max_boost
05-24-2002, 12:48 AM
Originally posted by spyguy

Can it be fixed?

That's too bad man, your car is like sooo nice too hehe

RiceCake
05-24-2002, 12:49 AM
damn... i'm wanting to get a set of rims and summers for the corolla and keep the steelies for winter, yet all this pothole talk is really making me reconsider :thumbsdow

kenny
05-24-2002, 12:52 AM
Originally posted by RiceCake
damn... i'm wanting to get a set of rims and summers for the corolla and keep the steelies for winter, yet all this pothole talk is really making me reconsider :thumbsdow

Not really a problem unless you get really big wheels. I have smacked many potholes quite hard in my car but nothing severe enough to damage my wheels.

shadowz
05-24-2002, 12:56 AM
Ya because larger wheels have a thinner tire, and its easier to fall into the pit of hell!:devil:

spyguy
05-24-2002, 01:00 AM
Man spyguy thats harsh , I saw you today parked at chinook, cars looking awesome and clean

clean? she's pretty dirty at the moment...like all girls i date...LOL...

spyguy
05-24-2002, 01:01 AM
Originally posted by max_boost

Can it be fixed?

That's too bad man, your car is like sooo nice too hehe

i've been told it can be fixed...but I'll wait till after summer....blah my car is ugh...needs lots of work....

buh_buh
05-24-2002, 01:02 AM
Originally posted by CRXguy
That would suck to throw away another bill for nothing.:rofl:
yea man! Those bills should be going into MY pocket!

shadowz
05-24-2002, 01:03 AM
Man your car was lookin tight today, Id give up the lude for your ride anyday

spyguy
05-24-2002, 01:23 AM
Man your car was lookin tight today, Id give up the lude for your ride anyday

thanks for props...but wait till im close to even what i want...right now its like 15% done...

long way to go...so little cash flow!

haha that rhymes!

kenny
05-29-2002, 07:07 PM
Originally posted by LUDELVR
It's right after you turn onto the ramp. I'm talking right at the beginning of the ramp, once u turn off from glenmore. It's like within 5 meters of turning off. I'll go evaluate it again next time I'm down there!! haha

I drove by there again and was looking for it, its right after you get onto the actual exit ramp from Glenmore East -> Deerfoot North. It is on the left side of the lane, which is why I didn't hit it. I take a wide turn in and hug the right side of the lane. Be careful on there, its huge.

Strider
05-29-2002, 11:56 PM
Theres a big ass pothole on my street i swear i would fit inside it, they put barriers around it, but they aren't fixing it... i

D'z Nutz
05-30-2002, 12:33 AM
What pisses me off is the stupid bump in the middle lane on 16th Ave eastbound just past Deerfoot (going uphill). It's like a freakin' speed bump!

Anyone ever been to the Impark parking lot downtown a few blocks from Cowboy's near Eaton's (I think it was)? Those aren't potholes. They're swimming pools! Complete with slides for the kids (ie: uneven pavement).

:mad:

WBB6
05-30-2002, 12:38 AM
After suffering with 19's for 1 year, I have changed back to 18's...

now I don't have to worry as much about Stupid potholes and other road hazards~~

all I have to say is that 19's for a honda is just DUMB !!!

Ride sucks, handling SUCKS, and the car is slow as hell (compared to a 17's or 18's)!!!

max_boost
05-30-2002, 12:43 AM
Your new GTP's are look so dope!!!:thumbsup: :clap:

LUDELVR
05-30-2002, 12:56 AM
Originally posted by kenny

I drove by there again and was looking for it, its right after you get onto the actual exit ramp from Glenmore East -> Deerfoot North. It is on the left side of the lane, which is why I didn't hit it. I take a wide turn in and hug the right side of the lane. Be careful on there, its huge.

Yah, I told u man, that motherfucking thing is huge!!!! Now I don't doubt that it was the pothole caused the damage to my tire, cuz I hit it pretty hard!!!